Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    FWIW, I shot several comparison groups Saturday between the Blazer .22lr and CCI standard velocity. The Blazer did considerably better than the CCI standard velocity out of both my Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary model and my Marlin 795 Appleseed edition.

Matt

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    FWIW, I shot several comparison groups Saturday between the Blazer .22lr and CCI standard velocity. The Blazer did considerably better than the CCI standard velocity out of both my Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary model and my Marlin 795 Appleseed edition.

Matt

Both my Ruger Mk3 22/45 and 10/22 like the Blazer .22s. Some people just assume that the more expensive CCI will work better for them, but it really is best to try out several brands and found out what your firearms like.

MBTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    Dicks has some good ammo prices in their current sale (thru Aug. 22). I picked up a couple 50 packs of 9mm Remington UMC for 10.98 each. Other calibers available too. Check out their sale ad online at DICK’S Sporting Goods – Official Site – Every Season Starts at DICK’S

I went to pick some up and the posted/sale price was $14.99 with 30% off. So I asked the worker if it was 30% off the posted price or was the posted price already reflecting the 30% off. He told me it was 30% off in addition to the posted price. Did the math on my phone and it should be $10.50 per box. Cool. So I grab the last two boxes and check out. $10.98 each before tax. That's weird, I am a math wiz so I know I'm not wrong :) Cashier gets on her little ear piece and talks to a manager. Turns out the 30% off is for the regular price of $15.99.

No big deal as $1 is not gonna break me but it kinda bothers me how much they nickle and dime us comsumers :(

Got an email from Natchez Shooters Supply this morning. American Eagle .22lr for $2.61 a box.

10 box limit per customer/per day.

$2.19 at Academy

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I went to pick some up and the posted/sale price was $14.99 with 30% off. So I asked the worker if it was 30% off the posted price or was the posted price already reflecting the 30% off. He told me it was 30% off in addition to the posted price. Did the math on my phone and it should be $10.50 per box. Cool. So I grab the last two boxes and check out. $10.98 each before tax. That's weird, I am a math wiz so I know I'm not wrong :) Cashier gets on her little ear piece and talks to a manager. Turns out the 30% off is for the regular price of $15.99.

No big deal as $1 is not gonna break me but it kinda bothers me how much they nickle and dime us comsumers :(

I agree with the nickel and dime scam. However, since I said in my post that the price was $10.98, it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise for you :)

MBTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I agree with the nickel and dime scam. However, since I said in my post that the price was $10.98, it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise for you :)

Lol, your post is the reason I went... Two things did go through my mind, I got a better deal than you for some reason or it was $10.98 after tax (didn't remember if you were in Indiana/had same tax rate as me lol)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Got a 325 brick of 22 at the Castleton Dicks store. Only let me buy one, which his better than nothing. Don't have a 22 anymore but my brother in law will be happy.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Amen.

Haven't spent a penny there since they went all Hillary. Folks shouldn't fall for their "Field and Stream" scheme either. Same store, guys. Vote with your dollars.

While I agree, I'll play devil's advocate. Wouldn't buying gun related products be a good way to sway Dicks over to the pro-gun side? These large corporations make their stances based off of which side results in the most money, not political beliefs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom