• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That thread is just more about griping about the situation, rather than specifically calling out availability. So, I'm not sure if anyone is really missing much.

Yeah that thread is my favorite beat the dead horse thread. More fun than a barrel of monkeys. This is where you get the dope on where to find .22lr.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

I got that email too and it is the lowest advertised price I've seen on brass boxer 45acp in about 6 years. If you want cheap factory 45acp ammo, you had better jump on this guys. I would do so myself, except that Knob Creek is this weekend and I want to see how things shake out price-wise down there first.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got that email too and it is the lowest advertised price I've seen on brass boxer 45acp in about 6 years. If you want cheap factory 45acp ammo, you had better jump on this guys. I would do so myself, except that Knob Creek is this weekend and I want to see how things shake out price-wise down there first.

I remember back in the "good old days" about the best deal I'd find on 45acp was $33 at walmart for a 100round pack of winchester white box. At $15 per 50 that's an amazing deal even with shipping assuming you're buying more than just a couple of boxes.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

$40 shipping hurts the deal, but it's still around $10 better than the cheapest I usually buy:

Geco 45 ACP Auto Ammo 230 Grain Full Metal Jacket

This has been the price for quite a while at this site and the ammo functions great for me. A bit more than the S&B at Palmetto, but if you miss out on that deal it's not bad. If you buy a case the shipping is free.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Gander Mtn in Evansville has quite a bit of 22lr in stock.

Federal Champion 500 packs
    Federal Automatch 325 packs
    Winchester 222 packs
    CCI Mini-Mag HP 100 packs
    CCI Standard Velocity 50 packs
    (Limit of 500 rounds per person)

It won't last long!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    $40 shipping hurts the deal, but it's still around $10 better than the cheapest I usually buy:

Geco 45 ACP Auto Ammo 230 Grain Full Metal Jacket

This has been the price for quite a while at this site and the ammo functions great for me. A bit more than the S&B at Palmetto, but if you miss out on that deal it's not bad. If you buy a case the shipping is free.

I didn't order because I'm waiting for Knob Creek this weekend, but you're absolutely right that $40 shipping hurts! I try to only order from Palmetto when they have a free shipping special going on. When I have to pay shipping from them, I try to stick with lighter weight ammo that doesn't cost as much to ship. And TargetSports is a good source for cases of ammo, the prices are good and you don't have to worry about getting screwed on the shipping.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Federal AutoMatch Target Ammo 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose

Midway: Federal 22LR 40gr, box of 325, $16.79 + shipping, limit 3.

Yes, Midway has Federal AutoMatch available with a limit of 3.

Federal AutoMatch Target Ammo 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose
    If you add something from their Free Shipping list you can reduce your shipping costs.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/freeshipping
    I added this small item and got the item and ammo for less than the ammo alone.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/531544

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Good tip, Hawkwind.

Midway now out of stock on the Federal, will try your tip next time!

You might want to watch the AutoMatch stock at Midway for the rest of the day. They check the boxes into inventory as they come off the truck/pallet and they sometimes find more boxes of the same ammo farther along. This means that any particular ammo can show as available or unavailable several times in one day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom