• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I got there 5minutes after 6. I went to the one down in greenwood and it was all gone. I was a little ticked for the simple fact that there were people in there passing money to others because they can't buy it but they were buying the limit. Needless to say i got nothing but didn't expect to get anything anyways.

IndyAK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Somewhere and Nowhere
    Got there at 5am and was about 26 back in line. Went inside and they had enough for about 20 people plus 1 "$%$^" line jumper. Ended up calling back to the store to complain and they said they split up the 22lr between 6am and again at 8am because of a an ad misprint. But they neglected to tell anyone that this morning. All they said was "That's it, we're out."

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Boonville Walmart had everything this morning.
    Daves guns in holland had a pretty decent amount of ammo as well Saturday afternoon , he had many SK cans of .22lr made by Lapua . Also had a few bricks of Aguila as well. Limit 1 per family

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Happened to be in a WM today (not giving exact location as it doesn't really matter in this case). Asked to take a look at what they have in stock as they don't have it in the case, and they have to open another case to let you look. Was looking and saw a brick of American Eagle 22 LR and some other ammo I was going to get. I waited for about 30 minutes to have someone who could run the register come back and give a price on it. Turns out they weren't able to price it as it was "not in the computer", and therefore could not sell it. So I found a Unicorn, but couldn't buy it :-(

Oh well, that's my luck.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Happened to be in a WM today (not giving exact location as it doesn't really matter in this case). Asked to take a look at what they have in stock as they don't have it in the case, and they have to open another case to let you look. Was looking and saw a brick of American Eagle 22 LR and some other ammo I was going to get. I waited for about 30 minutes to have someone who could run the register come back and give a price on it. Turns out they weren't able to price it as it was "not in the computer", and therefore could not sell it. So I found a Unicorn, but couldn't buy it :-(

Oh well, that's my luck.

Ahh the Avon Walmart :D

They had a smash and grab ammo theft attempt, thus the new location of the ammo.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ahh the Avon Walmart :D

They had a smash and grab ammo theft attempt, thus the new location of the ammo.

Yep, just figured if I named it there would be 15 people up there wasting their time on that box of 22.

WM is supposed to be so efficient, but in reality their in store operations are just pathetic. They may be good on the logistics side, but the in store efficiency is ridiculous.

It was just sad. I did turn another customer onto INGO who I was talking to during my 30 minute or so wait.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    They couldnt sell it to you most likely because its in their system by the 50rnd pack. Next time, ask them to break the brick open, and scan a pack, I bet you it pops right up.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    They couldnt sell it to you most likely because its in their system by the 50rnd pack. Next time, ask them to break the brick open, and scan a pack, I bet you it pops right up.

Not sure about this particular walmart, but I have seen the whole 500rd brick in a system at a different walmart. A friend and fellow INGO member purchased it.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Not sure about this particular walmart, but I have seen the whole 500rd brick in a system at a different walmart. A friend and fellow INGO member purchased it.

I was at the WM E of indy on 40 and they had a brick of cci standard they couldnt sell me, I asked them to scan a box, and it worked. so I got 150 rounds instead of nothing. Or crying until management gave me what I wanted

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    FWIW, WM on E Washington by Washington Square mall received a pretty big shipment tonight. I picked up 3 bulk packs of .22lr for the first time in forever, and there was still a 550 round box of Federal and probably 12 100 rd boxes of CCI (not sure if mini mags or plated since I was buying bigger packages). They also had some ammo cans w/ 720 rds of 5.56 in them, not sure of price since they weren't lining up with anything on the shelf. I am going back tomorrow morning to check on those.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    FWIW, WM on E Washington by Washington Square mall received a pretty big shipment tonight. I picked up 3 bulk packs of .22lr for the first time in forever, and there was still a 550 round box of Federal and probably 12 100 rd boxes of CCI (not sure if mini mags or plated since I was buying bigger packages). They also had some ammo cans w/ 720 rds of 5.56 in them, not sure of price since they weren't lining up with anything on the shelf. I am going back tomorrow morning to check on those.
    I saw those cans at Pendleton Pike yesterday, IIRC they were $452 for 720rds....no thanks. :rolleyes: It didn't say anything about bullet weight on the can either...mystery 5.56 made in Turkey.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    I saw those cans at Pendleton Pike yesterday, IIRC they were $452 for 720rds....no thanks. :rolleyes: It didn't say anything about bullet weight on the can either...mystery 5.56 made in Turkey.

Wow. Those will be sitting on the shelf a loooooong time at that price.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom