• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Everyone will call u out if the shelves don't stay full!!! I've come to learn that I keep all info to my self now and let all the other kiddies do there own homework :-p

I thought about that but figured what the heck, lol.....I have been called worse.

I was told by a higher up manager that walmart has placed it's last ammo order and it is delivered and waiting to be put on shelf, no more orders are to be made and all managers can no longer place ammo re-orders.

Don't know how much truth is in it...but she has no reason to lie to me.

If this is true and Wally stops carrying ammo.....what will happen then?

mik1202002

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Feb 12, 2009
    Greencastle
    I thought about that but figured what the heck, lol.....I have been called worse.

I was told by a higher up manager that walmart has placed it's last ammo order and it is delivered and waiting to be put on shelf, no more orders are to be made and all managers can no longer place ammo re-orders.

I don't know about them ordering ammo. I do know that during the height of the craze in feb. they told us at the distribution center regarding ar-15's that if its legal Walmart is going to sell it. That being said I don't see Walmart stopping ammo sales. They are in business to make money just like everyone else. I think it's just crazy right now, I never thought it'd last this long.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

Walmart is the #1 ammunition seller in the US, probably the world. Do I believe 1 "higher up" walmart manager that they're suddenly going to give up a huge income for seemingly no reason whatsoever? Hardly.

Rumors that walmart will stop selling ammo are not new.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana

goodpost.gif

Until I see an official press release from Bentonville, I put zero faith in all the "I heard from a good source that..." rumors.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Right to bear arms haubstadt has .223 pmc bronze cases in today 1000rds for 398.00 didn't have that many but had a few left at close , if they are sold out of the cases you can boxes of 20 for 7 something a box . Great people to deal with as well .
    Big thumbs up to the owners of this shop ..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Walmart is the #1 ammunition seller in the US, probably the world. Do I believe 1 "higher up" walmart manager that they're suddenly going to give up a huge income for seemingly no reason whatsoever? Hardly.

Wally is no dummy. They put the ammo all the way in the back corner. You have to walk past all the displays and impulse buy items to get there and then you are in the "guy" section full of impulse buy items.
    I can not go into a Wally with the wife for 1 or 2 specific items that she does not (and me too) fill up the damn cart.
    There is a grand plan to all of this.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I would imagine ammo and weapons is one of the lower % items in profit margin and higher % in man hours, accountability and liability.....compared to say milk or chips or clothes.

From a business standpoint, if I can sell 1,000 bags of chips, that someone else stocks, with very little hassle or 1,000 boxes of ammo and deal with a bunch of hassle.....I would go for the chips.

With the millions of items in a Wal-Mart that are sold and stocked daily....I would be surprised if ammo impacts the bottom line that much at all.

I will say if it wasn't for ammo....I would rarely go in a Wal-Mart. I can't stand them honestly. So I don't really care either way...

I don't know what they are doing and maybe the lady is lying to me, but I do know there sure isn't much ammo in Wally the last few days and she told me there would be a huge inventory delivered to shelfs yesterday or today....obviously that wasn't right.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    From a business standpoint, if I can sell 1,000 bags of chips, that someone else stocks, with very little hassle or 1,000 boxes of ammo and deal with a bunch of hassle.....I would go for the chips.

With the millions of items in a Wal-Mart that are sold and stocked daily....I would be surprised if ammo impacts the bottom line that much at all.

Indeed, if it were a choice. Walmart generally takes the approach to do both.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Camby Walmart has 50 and 100 round boxes of 9mm WWB, 525rd boxes of 22lr, as well as plenty of 40 & 45! :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom