• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wethepeople

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Shelby County
    :rockwoot: That will stink for people that really did by high and tried to sell higher. Gotta say it was a good experience meeting a lot of new people:patriot:
    Glad I didn't buy high :laugh: +1 to wally.

But ammo will more then likely go up at wally sooner then later. I have heard numerous rumors that Gander,Dicks and the bigger stores have been setting back a lot I mean a lot of ammo and in a few weeks will be flooding the stores with fully stocked shelves. :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    I have been hearing the same thing. ALso heard that they are waiting till June 1st because the prices from the mfg's are going up June 1st. Id this is true the big box stores are holding as much as possible in reserve and will release it when the price goes up. Then they will tell us "it's not us our cost went up".

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Why would it matter if the prices go up from the manufacturer? Then the sale price would go up accordingly, but profit would stay parallel.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Brownsburg is only store that makes us wait.....I hate it. Hard to get up that early. If you go though, get there about 7, and if you don't want 22's...you could always pick them up for me :)

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Walmart Maysville road has 9mm, 45acp, 40 S&W, and 38 special! I got there at 1145pm and bought my three box limit. The lady at the counter said "you realize in 15 minutes it will be tomorrow". Went and looked at some gun mags and came back and got three more.

SCORE!!!

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    Walmart Maysville road has 9mm, 45acp, 40 S&W, and 38 special! I got there at 1145pm and bought my three box limit. The lady at the counter said "you realize in 15 minutes it will be tomorrow". Went and looked at some gun mags and came back and got three more.

SCORE!!!

damn you got lucky.....

at the LP walmart all they had were .45 they other day and i needed some as it was (app said there was 9mm in stock so i stopped in to get some). the guy let me get the limit of 1 100 rd box and the 2 50rd boxes.....he thought it was per brand and not just total of 2 boxes (or 1 100+ box) then also made the comment that he had his buddy hold some .40 ammo for him in the back

so that just proved my theory that they do hold it for themselves in the back even though the shelf is "empty" and the app says either "in stock" or "limited stock"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    damn you got lucky.....

at the LP walmart all they had were .45 they other day and i needed some as it was (app said there was 9mm in stock so i stopped in to get some). the guy let me get the limit of 1 100 rd box and the 2 50rd boxes.....he thought it was per brand and not just total of 2 boxes (or 1 100+ box) then also made the comment that he had his buddy hold some .40 ammo for him in the back

so that just proved my theory that they do hold it for themselves in the back even though the shelf is "empty" and the app says either "in stock" or "limited stock"

This is nothing new. They do this with more than just ammo. Hard not to do if you need it, have access and are able to pay for it.
    Management at Wally south side has been tracking employees doing this very thing. Not sure if they have acted yet but this is going on everywhere.

wethepeople

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Shelby County
    Wally world on Pendleton pike still had 40's, 45's, and 380's. Some of the walmart employees are very helpful early in the morning and some are just plain rude. Been to several early in the morning to see what I can find. Starting to think the rude ones are supporting the gun grabbers. Are any of the walmarts getting any federal 223's? Been to a bunch of stores in the last month and a half and have only seen the steel cased Tula.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Wally world on Pendleton pike still had 40's, 45's, and 380's. Some of the walmart employees are very helpful early in the morning and some are just plain rude. Been to several early in the morning to see what I can find. Starting to think the rude ones are supporting the gun grabbers. Are any of the walmarts getting any federal 223's? Been to a bunch of stores in the last month and a half and have only seen the steel cased Tula.

Not really

wethepeople

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Shelby County
    Why would it matter if the prices go up from the manufacturer? Then the sale price would go up accordingly, but profit would stay parallel.
    The difference is they buy it from the mfg before the price increases. Then hold it till the mfg raises the price. Then raise the shelf price and sell the ammo they bought cheaper for the increased price.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom