Not open for further replies.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    He is full of sh*t. Inventory shows up when it is scanned out at the distribution center. It comes off when the item is scanned out due to being purchased. There is a couple of possible scenarios when the app shows inventory: 1) the truck hasn't arrived, 2) truck hasn't been unloaded, 3) the ammo has been stolen so therefore wasn't scanned out, 4) its been misplaced, 5) the employee is holding it for them-self or a friend, or 6) they're to freaking lazy to go look.

I like it when the idiot at Walmart tells you it is never right. Anyone in retail that inventory discrepancies is taken seriously. People have lost their jobs over that before. I like it when some dipchit at Walmart tries to explain that the inventory is never right. There does seem to be some funny business going on at Walmart.

Before I figured out the truck schedule, I asked one of the night stock boys about the ammo on the app. He went back and looked in the cage and confirmed that they got it, but he could not put it out due to that stores policy, which is that the sporting goods manager that comes in the AM has to check it in. So, he told me when she comes in and Im there the next morning. She proceeds to tell me no ammo, until, I tell her that the stock boy the previous evening told me that you had it. She muttered that she wished they wouldn't say anything and went to the bak and pushed 2 carts full of ammo.

The Brownsburg Walmart sporting goods guy got really ****ty with me and insisted the app was wrong two days in a row about his store having Federal Lightning .22 in stock. He was a real jerk about it too even though I was polite the whole time. Pissed me off.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I found 2 boxes of 22 underneath broken down boxes for trash today in a shopping cart in the ammunition aisle today. Not sure if a customer was stashing it for later, stock guy hiding it for a friend, or guy was going to take it outside when doing trash. I was nice enough to let another guy get the second box. I then went ahead and purchased 45.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    21st Century Firearms in Bluffton has all the 9mm and .223 ammo you could want. WPA but heck it is ammo. I was there this afternoon and they had cases and cases of the stuff at decent per box prices. They also had tons of 7.62x39.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    45 ACP Ammo | Bulk .45 ACP Ammunition For Sale Cheap

Stumbled across a site that guarantees that if its on their site, its in stock. None of this searching through multiple pages, only to have them all say "out of stock". Nice concept. $39 for a box of 50 FMJ 45 ACP seems ok too. At last check, they had 75 boxes.

I don't think $40 per 50 is a good price. That's $0.80 per round, which is high IMHO. Thanks for the info though.

jjreihl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Walmart Price Drop

According to the Walmart app, the price for 9mm dropped $2 from $13.97 to $11.97. Hopefully, that's a good sign for the end of the great ammo panic of '12-'13.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Stopped n gander mtn this morning omw to work to see if any ammo today. They have a little .22lr left and that's it. Said the shelves are going to be bare for a while again bc the other ganders n the state are having grand openings. New policy is on 2 boxes of .22 with 100 rounds or less and only one box of bulk and no smaller boxes. 5 boxes of other calibers as well.

drrun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Columbus, Indiana
    Stopped n gander mtn this morning omw to work to see if any ammo today. They have a little .22lr left and that's it. Said the shelves are going to be bare for a while again bc the other ganders n the state are having grand openings. New policy is on 2 boxes of .22 with 100 rounds or less and only one box of bulk and no smaller boxes. 5 boxes of other calibers as well.

They are out now. $4.99 for 50 count boxes of 40 gr. federal (1050 fps i think). Might as well just buy of the gougers on Armslist. $.10/round...

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Stopped by Rural King a few minutes ago for my free bag of popcorn, and saw the ammo shelves almost full, and not the shotgun side. Looked to be several [maybe 10] cases of Winnie Super-X .22 LR. Shelves looking like normal, didn't have my glasses with me, so have no idea what the prices were.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom