Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I got a follow up call about Southtown Walmart showing the 50rd boxes of Federal .22 Lightning in stock but being told it wasn't. An assistant manager called me tonight and we spoke for about 12 minutes about the subject and she told me she was going to do some investigation for me. Maybe I will get lucky and she will call me again and tell me she found some hiding in the back. It would be cool if she even offered to hold me back 3 boxes for the inconvenience.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Does Walmart get more than 1 truck a day? I visited Walmart last night and the manager looked at the crate and showed me what he got in and of course it was shotgun shells. He said they usually get one box each night. I asked him about the the Walmart Ap and he said that is always incorrect. 9mm went from out of stock to limited to in stock but nothing is out. Do the stock guys pull these boxes to put them out later for themselves or friends? I noticed some 40 just magically appeared tonight before they unloaded the truck. The manager looked at the delivery with me last night and there was no 40.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Does Walmart get more than 1 truck a day? I visited Walmart last night and the manager looked at the crate and showed me what he got in and of course it was shotgun shells. He said they usually get one box each night. I asked him about the the Walmart Ap and he said that is always incorrect. 9mm went from out of stock to limited to in stock but nothing is out. Do the stock guys pull these boxes to put them out later for themselves or friends? I noticed some 40 just magically appeared tonight before they unloaded the truck. The manager looked at the delivery with me last night and there was no 40.

He is full of sh*t. Inventory shows up when it is scanned out at the distribution center. It comes off when the item is scanned out due to being purchased. There is a couple of possible scenarios when the app shows inventory: 1) the truck hasn't arrived, 2) truck hasn't been unloaded, 3) the ammo has been stolen so therefore wasn't scanned out, 4) its been misplaced, 5) the employee is holding it for them-self or a friend, or 6) they're to freaking lazy to go look.

I like it when the idiot at Walmart tells you it is never right. Anyone in retail that inventory discrepancies is taken seriously. People have lost their jobs over that before. I like it when some dipchit at Walmart tries to explain that the inventory is never right. There does seem to be some funny business going on at Walmart.

Before I figured out the truck schedule, I asked one of the night stock boys about the ammo on the app. He went back and looked in the cage and confirmed that they got it, but he could not put it out due to that stores policy, which is that the sporting goods manager that comes in the AM has to check it in. So, he told me when she comes in and Im there the next morning. She proceeds to tell me no ammo, until, I tell her that the stock boy the previous evening told me that you had it. She muttered that she wished they wouldn't say anything and went to the bak and pushed 2 carts full of ammo.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    WM Avon still has several boxes of Federal Hydra Shok personal defense ammo in 380 auto and .45 ACP. Also some .410 personal defense ammo. As of about 11:00pm on Wednesday.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana

Each WM gets one truck each day. They generally take about 4 or so hours to unload. Ammo gets taken off the truck and put in a lockbox, which only the sporting goods person can open. If you are there at the right time, you can get ammo.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    "Each WM gets one truck each day. They generally take about 4 or so hours to unload. Ammo gets taken off the truck and put in a lockbox, which only the sporting goods person can open". If you are there at the right time, you can get ammo. :dunno:

Welcome to my dilema, reports are the same guys are standing at the sporting goods counter at my local WM at 7am to get the spoils. I never get a chance.:draw:

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Each WM gets one truck each day. They generally take about 4 or so hours to unload. Ammo gets taken off the truck and put in a lockbox, which only the sporting goods person can open. If you are there at the right time, you can get ammo.

They don't use a lockbox at ours but people have stopped even coming now. You would see a good amount of men walking around the area by themselves but in the last week it's a ghost town. I'm guessing everyone got tired of showing up for nothing. I think I'm just going up to Indy some week in the future. When is Ganders truck showing up these days?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    They don't use a lockbox at ours but people have stopped even coming now. You would see a good amount of men walking around the area by themselves but in the last week it's a ghost town. I'm guessing everyone got tired of showing up for nothing. I think I'm just going up to Indy some week in the future. When is Ganders truck showing up these days?

Gander puts stuff out on Friday mornings. Ammo doesn't often make it past noon.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Went to Wally's in Connersville this morning, scored 3 boxes of Federal .357mag 158gr JSP. I really didn't need them, but thought maybe I could trade. I don't shoot my GP100 much at all anymore.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    "Each WM gets one truck each day. They generally take about 4 or so hours to unload. Ammo gets taken off the truck and put in a lockbox, which only the sporting goods person can open". If you are there at the right time, you can get ammo. :dunno:

Welcome to my dilema, reports are the same guys are standing at the sporting goods counter at my local WM at 7am to get the spoils. I never get a chance.:draw:

I think it's the same thing at my local Walmart. They get 10 Boxes of .22 in each week and they are ALWAYS gone an hour after they put them out according to the guy in sporting goods (same guy in sporting goods tells the same story) Sounds like his 3 friends have plenty of .22 ammo to me.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Not every Walmart is like that. The Sporting Goods Manager of the store I worked at will not allow employees to stash back ammo. She is the one who puts it out, and I trust what she says.

Navykid05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    South Indy
    Walmart at 86th and Michigan had 1 box of federal personal defense .380 and 2 boxes in .45 as of about 10 minutes ago

Various shotgun shells and a couple 357 mag as well if I remember correctly

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    As of 30 minutes ago East Washington Walmart had 12 boxed of federal 45 and a few federal 45 hydro shock. They also had some 100 count boxes of 357.

SteviGX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Just stopped by rural king in Muncie. Lots of steel .223 left @9.99 for 20. Had 6 or 7 boxed of Remington umc .45 for 59.99. Couple boxed of wpa steel .45 for 24.99.

Not the .380 or .40 I was hoping they still had

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom