• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Before I go to the trouble of fact checking those links, please explain how any of those articles describe an effort on the part of the PotUS to curtail 2nd amendment rights.

If you don't have the time to check out,and verify the links, I certainly don't intend to waste my time explaining it to you. (but for some reason ,I think you already have looked at them.) My time is valuable also.:patriot:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Did you not watch the debates? :rolleyes:

You remind me of my cousin. I think that even if Obama stood in front of him and told him his real plans for our country, he would say the Republicans are lying about what he said. Hopeless!:n00b:

Sure did! Both Obama and Romney were made very uncomfortable by the firearm question. They both know it's political suicide to cross gun owners. Their answers were both terrible, but neither seemed interested in taking any action against firearm ownership.

Please tell me about President Obama's "real plans for our country." I'd also love to hear how it is you know about these secret plans.

Sorry, can't resist. My gun gets grabbed regularly. One of the benefits of being married.:D

Sure, but I meant by someone else! :p

Don't forget that the French revolution of 1789 was sparked by a nearly identical set of circumstances with those we have now.

Haha yeah. For example: a grotesque disparity of tax burden in favor of the wealthy!

If you don't have the time to check out,and verify the links, I certainly don't intend to waste my time explaining it to you. (but for some reason ,I think you already have looked at them.) My time is valuable also.:patriot:

I looked at them, and they're not relevant to the subject of "gun grabs." I was making a good faith attempt to give you a chance to justify your links, but if your time is too valuable to bother perhaps your interests would be better served by not posting irrelevancies in the first place.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    What the President wants is irrelevant. Only what he does matters. The Democratic Party will not squander its political capital on guns at the national level. They've been down that road, and it ended poorly. Locally things could be different, but the PotUS isn't involved there.

No, we don't all know it's coming because....it's not. Barack Hussein has other, far-more damaging things on his agenda between now and 2016. Your gun rights are not in danger. Something much more important, however, is definitely in danger of going away forever. Forget about your gun rights. We have other battles to fight that are much more important.

Yeah, right.........

"We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements--like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole--so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few."

Source: DNC 2012 Party Platform. http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform

Last edited:

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Yeah, right.........

"We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements--like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole--so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few."

Source: DNC 2012 Party Platform. http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform

You've convinced me. Historically such platforms have been implemented wholesale following a general election and are not at all a load of posturing designed to placate voters.

Or is it the reverse?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    You've convinced me. Historically such platforms have been implemented wholesale following a general election and are not at all a load of posturing designed to placate voters.

Or is it the reverse?

This was in effect prior to this year's general election.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    What the President wants is irrelevant. Only what he does matters. The Democratic Party will not squander its political capital on guns at the national level. They've been down that road, and it ended poorly. Locally things could be different, but the PotUS isn't involved there.

Surely you must be getting tired of trying to confuse people by using logic.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    See? Obama did bring about "change". Back in the day, only old school right wing rednecks would pitch the "love it or leave it" mantra. Now kool ade drinking Obama supporters have caught on to the idea. Love Obama,or move to Mexico. Gotta love it.

Nothing was ever stated as: You need to love the POTUS, or move to Mexico. That is all directed from your keyboard, not mine. However, it is interesting to me to see one person's hatred towards another, without really having to provoke it:dunno: I'm not saying he's great. I'm not calling him the best, I'm not buying his books and giving him contributions. I don't believe in all of his policies. That being said, over half of this country does. (going on 5 years now) The POTUS imo deserves respect no matter who it is. You don't have to love him. (never said that, you did) But he is basically the biggest **** eater in the country. When things are good they are bad and when they are bad you have what we have now. My point to the get over it or go to Mexico statement was that if you had to go to another country and live you would be ready to come back to this one rather quick. The grass is always greener until you get there. So don't be pissed, be proactive.

I My time is valuable also.:patriot:

Just not valuable enough to comprehend the English language?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    jrogers: "Please tell me about President Obama's "real plans for our country." I'd also love to hear how it is you know about these secret plans."

His plans are hardly "secret"! He has said many times and in many ways that he wants to "transform" our country. Violating the Constitution so many times and so many ways also gives great indication that he wants to destroy our country.

All you have to do (which I don't expect you will do) is go to his past videos and watch them. Watch & listen with your eyes (and ears) open.

As I said before, even if he stood before you - in the flesh - and admitted his goals, you (like my cousin) would call it a "photoshop" image I believe. Obama does have secrets (many of which have been exposed), but his efforts to destroy our country - give our soveriegnty to the UN (sell us out) are in the open.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Nothing was ever stated as: You need to love the POTUS, or move to Mexico. That is all directed from your keyboard, not mine. However, it is interesting to me to see one person's hatred towards another, without really having to provoke it:dunno: I'm not saying he's great. I'm not calling him the best, I'm not buying his books and giving him contributions. I don't believe in all of his policies. That being said, over half of this country does. (going on 5 years now) The POTUS imo deserves respect no matter who it is. You don't have to love him. (never said that, you did) But he is basically the biggest **** eater in the country. When things are good they are bad and when they are bad you have what we have now. My point to the get over it or go to Mexico statement was that if you had to go to another country and live you would be ready to come back to this one rather quick. The grass is always greener until you get there. So don't be pissed, be proactive.

Perhaps my reading comprehension is down a little at 0300. And maybe your ability to express what you're trying to say could use a little work too? The POTUS is just the winner of a popularity contest.( a very,very,expensive popularity contest) Does that really demand automatic respect?

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Can't this hypothetical horse be beaten Later... If at least by the rare chance something drastic happens that actually does influence our lives? Some people love to just think and worry out loud...:ingo:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can't this hypothetical horse be beaten Later... If at least by the rare chance something drastic happens that actually does influence our lives? Some people love to just think and worry out loud...:ingo:

Just wait until it reaches you--and it will.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    This was in effect prior to this year's general election.

I know. It has been a part of the Democratic Party's national platform for some time now, yet no real effort to implement it has been made. I'd call that evidence that it's not really a priority.

Surely you must be getting tired of trying to confuse people by using logic.

You misunderestimate my stubbornness. :D

His plans are hardly "secret"! He has said many times and in many ways that he wants to "transform" our country. Violating the Constitution so many times and so many ways also gives great indication that he wants to destroy our country.

All you have to do (which I don't expect you will do) is go to his past videos and watch them. Watch & listen with your eyes (and ears) open.

As I said before, even if he stood before you - in the flesh - and admitted his goals, you (like my cousin) would call it a "photoshop" image I believe. Obama does have secrets (many of which have been exposed), but his efforts to destroy our country - give our soveriegnty to the UN (sell us out) are in the open.

"Go watch the [unspecified] videos!" is not responsive. You made a claim about the PotUS' plans, and are now refusing to back it up. Every politician wants to transform our country; this is why people enter politics in the first place. The idea that our CiC is a serial Constitution violator is ludicrous: given the Right's dedication to his destruction had there been a plausible case for Constitutional violation we can be sure there would have been a serious effort to pursue legal action. Similarly, the UN hysteria is baseless. The ever-present panic about the UN infringing on US sovereignty reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of the international body itself.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

I know. It has been a part of the Democratic Party's national platform for some time now, yet no real effort to implement it has been made. I'd call that evidence that it's not really a priority....

I disagree, for the same reasons why rumor and innuendo on Wall Street moves the price (notice I didn't state 'worth') of stock. When the president takes a position upon a matter, he creates policy, as well ripple effects that cause other such things as price fluctuations and bureaucratic rule making.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Obama has not and never will get any respect from me. He is out to transform this country into something that I will not like. We are quickly losing our national sovereignty as well as our national identity. As the libs said many times of good ole George Bush, he is not my president. I did not vote for him. If you can not see the public relations job that the democraps have done on the old white guy repukelicans, you are not very observant. The reason that he won is because of the multitudes of people that have been made wards of the state by both parties. He pandered to them much better then the repukelicans. Just look at some of the oddballs, weirdos and idiots that have been elected to federal level offices in the last several national elections. Everyone wants something for free and they are more than happy to let the clowns that we send to Washington grab powers that were not specifically granted to them by our Constitution. Our government knows full well that our spending can not go on forever at anywhere near its current levels, but all they do is kick the can so that the problems may be handled by someone else who might we willing to commit political suicide by actually doing what really needs to be done. All the while those of us who are actually working and paying taxes are being made responsible for the upkeep of all of the freeloaders, leeches and parasites who want a free ride. There are many who actually need and deserve to be helped and I would want to help them as much as possible. However, there are far too many who just want something for free and think that people like me should be taxed so that they can get their freebies. I had no doubts that O'Bummer was going to win his second term, not because he was the better man (which he was far from being), but because our country has changed so much and has too many crappy people. I used to interview and hire professional level people. You would not believe the terrible transcripts of recent college graduates that I saw. If I was their daddy, they would have either taken more academic oriented classes or they would not have went to school on my dime. Just too many wine-tasting, bowling, archery, ball room dancing and history of comic book classes on their permanent records. That is a very big indicator of the current condition of this country. Just my two cents and I can not produce and support documentation, but will tell the liberally oriented just to take off your rose colored glasses and actually sit back and critically observe what is going on and think Roman Empire in its final days.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Obama has not and never will get any respect from me. He is out to transform this country into something that I will not like. We are quickly losing our national sovereignty as well as our national identity. As the libs said many times of good ole George Bush, he is not my president. I did not vote for him. If you can not see the public relations job that the democraps have done on the old white guy repukelicans, you are not very observant. The reason that he won is because of the multitudes of people that have been made wards of the state by both parties. He pandered to them much better then the repukelicans. Just look at some of the oddballs, weirdos and idiots that have been elected to federal level offices in the last several national elections. Everyone wants something for free and they are more than happy to let the clowns that we send to Washington grab powers that were not specifically granted to them by our Constitution. Our government knows full well that our spending can not go on forever at anywhere near its current levels, but all they do is kick the can so that the problems may be handled by someone else who might we willing to commit political suicide by actually doing what really needs to be done. All the while those of us who are actually working and paying taxes are being made responsible for the upkeep of all of the freeloaders, leeches and parasites who want a free ride. There are many who actually need and deserve to be helped and I would want to help them as much as possible. However, there are far too many who just want something for free and think that people like me should be taxed so that they can get their freebies. I had no doubts that O'Bummer was going to win his second term, not because he was the better man (which he was far from being), but because our country has changed so much and has too many crappy people. I used to interview and hire professional level people. You would not believe the terrible transcripts of recent college graduates that I saw. If I was their daddy, they would have either taken more academic oriented classes or they would not have went to school on my dime. Just too many wine-tasting, bowling, archery, ball room dancing and history of comic book classes on their permanent records. That is a very big indicator of the current condition of this country. Just amy two cents and I can not produce and support documentation, but will tell the liberally oriented just to take off your rose colored glasses and actually sit back and critically observe what is going on and think Roman Empire in its final days.

Do you realize how much it detracts from an argument when you constantly replace words with stuff like "Repukelicans", "Democraps", and "O'Bummer"?

I don't even really disagree with you barring the extreme "omg the president is destroying America" paranoia.

I also find it humorous that so many people feel the reason Obama is in office is because the poor voted for him.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If I were a betting person (I'm not), I would bet that all you Obama worshipers haven't even checked out the YouTube videos of Obama NOR have you gone to the WhiteHouse.gov site to check out all the ILLEGAL Executive Orders which have and will take away our Constitutionaly protected rights. (Example: NDAA) (Illegal because they violate the Constitution - the ONLY, true "LAW of the LAND")

There is a time when one (or more) has to give up on lost causes. (And I think it's MORE than "rose colored glasses".

Please get a (correct) copy of the Constitution (not the one taught to you in school) and read (really examine) it. The library is a good place to find one. You might want to check out the Declaration of Independence as well. For your own sake.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The one thing I don't enjoy about these forums are that nearly everyone seems to think Obama is going to take their guns. Four years from now you will still have them, and this can start all over with the next election. Yay.

Top Bottom