• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    [STRIKE]If[/STRIKE] When it happens, it will be through the back door of Obamacare, of course it will be a necessity, due to a public safety concern.

It's coming, it is just a matter of when.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An outright grab won't happen. A gradual shift to control will via executive orders and the Supreme Court. The old slice at a time vs. the whole loaf.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    "Put a frog in boiling water, it will jump out. Put a frog in a pan of cold water and slowly turn up the heat, it will die" We all just had the water pored in with us last night.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    An outright gun grab could most certainly happen. Two Supreme court justices are expected to step down in the next 4 years. That can and will completely change this country. If you think for a second that liberals get control of the supreme court and do not start taking away our gun rights you are fooling yourself.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    An outright gun grab could most certainly happen. Two Supreme court justices are expected to step down in the next 4 years. That can and will completely change this country. If you think for a second that liberals get control of the supreme court and do not start taking away our gun rights you are fooling yourself.

The Senate has to approve the choices. Who controls the Senate..........

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Gun owners voting for liberals are just fooling themselves. They are also effecting their brothers in arms. I dont understand it.

jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    There are so many ways to have a negative effect on the 2nd amendment and they range from the overt to the covert. Outright ban, accessory ban, increased taxes, ammo taxes, increased licensing/regulatory fees, fees on manufacturers, ammo taxes, ammo tracking requirements, import bans/tariffs, etc etc.

It's going to require a lot of vigilance coupled with someone with political gumption to stand up. I'm not sure I see a whole lot of the latter. Boehner doesn't fill me with confidence.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Gun owners voting for liberals are just fooling themselves. They are also effecting their brothers in arms. I dont understand it.
    While I agree with this 100%, I am going to back off just a bit and say thing a bit differently.

We need to quit this bickering back and forth about what will and won't happen. We need to quit arguing so much about the who. We need to quit making huge distinctions between them and us/ Dem/Rep. That stuff is all fine, and I am not oposed to opinions and discusssions.

The thing we need to be doing, is being organized and unified on our rights. We need to quit staying on the sidelines complaining about it. We need to quit throwing up our hands and saying it will never change, and that is the way THEY are.

We need to start writing letters to news, and politicians. We need to stand up for our rights and let it be know how we feel. We need to take non-shooters to ranges and show them the fun. We need to recruit new hunters. We need to teach this stuff. We need to re-educate news people. I was not a shooter 2 years ago. I am now, and I love it.

We need to join the NRA. We need to join the Second Amendment Foundation and others like it. I know there are beefs with the NRA and such, but don't throw up your hands and say "come and take it" without trying to preserve our rights.
    Thanks!

jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    We need to join the NRA. We need to join the Second Amendment Foundation and others like it. I know there are beefs with the NRA and such, but don't throw up your hands and say "come and take it" without trying to preserve our rights.

Amen to that. I am an NRA member and will check out the 2nd Amendment Foundation. Any other recommendations?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm going to disagree.

The Democrats have to worry about 2014 midterms, and then the 2016 election. With gun ownership and sales rising, and more pro-2d A state-level activism, it's a fight they won't want to bring on (with the exception of the usual crowd).

Obama did not win a landslide, and since he did not run on gun control, he doesn't have a mandate to move "forward" on that issue.

But it will require folks to be involved.

Also the Supreme Court could be a wash, if two liberals retire and merely get replaced by new liberals.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I am less concerned about legislation (less does not mean not concerned), but the Supreme, and lower courts will be huge!

Top Bottom