• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    How he views himself has no bearing on how other people view him. Planet fitness is blaming HER for being uncomfortable with a male in the female locker room. Just because you view yourself as one thing does not mean others do, and that's the rub here. The rest is private property and contractual stuff that means nothing in the ethics of it.

This is not a gay/straight debate. It's a lady not feeling comfortable with a guy in the women's locker room. You cannot force your morality on someone and get upset when theirs differs.

And I had much higher hopes for this thread when I clicked on it seeing as how it's the break room.

in Jamaica a female came in to clean the bathroom as I was using the urinal. Didn't bother them, seemed odd to me. Mainly because I still drop my pants to my ankles when I pee.

+1 That's also how I'm looking at it Doc.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Let's take a look elsewhere, other than Glenn Beck.
    Planet Fitness Cancels Woman's Membership over Transgender Complaint : People.com

Their house, their rules. Don't like 'em? Go somewhere else.
    The woman was informed of their policy and they asked her to stop her nattering, as it was against their company policy. She refused to do it and her membership was revoked. I see no issues here. I've been to gyms and been in the locker rooms with gay males and never have felt uncomfortable or threatened. Can't see as being in a locker room with a trans person would make me (or my wife) uncomfortable. Also, as I read in another article on this, there are private changing stalls and showers in the locker room. The toilets all have locking doors on them.

Well there! It's NOT an issue people! Calm down! Mrjarrell said it's OK.

:rolleyes:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Can't wait til all the freaks and pedos hear about this! I mean, why not just integrate High School gym locker rooms as well! What could go wrong with teen boys and girls showering together after class?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hey, I like pendulous, um... never mind. When I was in HS during swimming class, some of us (grimace) would go through the, um, "other" locker room to, um, visit the, um, people there. It was all about being friendly. Yeah, friendly, that's the ticket.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's incumbent upon the one making the claim of illegality to cite the law which affirmatively makes an act illegal, as the default state in a free Republic is that all is implicitly permitted which is not explicitly prohibitted. If you want to live in a place where it's incumbent upon the person making the claim that an act is not a crime to cite the law which makes that act legal, I refer you to the likes of Russia, China, Venezuela, Iran, and North Korea.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Seems like everyone wins.

The woman got what she wanted, she no longer has to share the locker room with someone who is transgender.
    The transgender person gets to continue to use the locker room (s)he desires to use.
    Planet Fitness gave everyone a chance to continue to be a customer if they observed the same rules everyone else did.

I'll be frank. The whole sex change thing is definitely not something I'm comfortable with. I wouldn't even go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show with my friends in high school. So, I would likely cancel my membership, or just not use the locker room. I would not expect them to deny service to others based on my discomfort, though.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I think it would depend on the situation whether it is legal or not. If a underage girl where in the bathroom, locker room or whatever the case be I believe a legal case could be made if the girl sees private parts. Really this should be more an issue of morals. As said before anybody can say they identify as a woman and get access to the women's facilities. Can anybody honestly say the perverts would not do this?
    It has been a long time since I have been in a gym. When I used to go frequently they did have shower stalls that had curtains but everybody still had to come out and get dressed. More than a gay or straight issue or a planet fitness issue this is just another example of society being in a free fall decline IMO.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Seems like everyone wins.

The woman got what she wanted, she no longer has to share the locker room with someone who is transgender.
    The transgender person gets to continue to use the locker room (s)he desires to use.
    Planet Fitness gave everyone a chance to continue to be a customer if they observed the same rules everyone else did.

I'll be frank. The whole sex change thing is definitely not something I'm comfortable with. I wouldn't even go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show with my friends in high school. So, I would likely cancel my membership, or just not use the locker room. I would not expect them to deny service to others based on my discomfort, though.
    The rules as I read it have nothing to do with a sex change. It is simply what somebody says they identify as.
    Since you are a police officer I would like to ask you, If I am at the mall and decide I am feeling feminine and need to use the restroom and decide to go into the women's, somebody calls you out and I tell you I identify as a women, would you arrest me?

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it was mentioned that PF has a 13 year minimum age. I'm also quite certain that any minors who are members will have parents who have the opportunity to be presented with the rules and regs, including the inclusive locker rooms. If 13 year old Misty goes to her parents and complains that she saw anatomy that she's never seen before, those parents would have no one to blame but themselves.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    How is it trespass if you're a member in good standing and within the rules?
    The rules do not supercede the law. That is why I was asking my question. I know indecent exposure is against the law. If this woman saw his parts and called the police instead of a manager would the outcome have been different.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom