• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I posted this in the other thread, but I'll drop it here too. Large conventions leaving town should not be dismissed so lightly.

Remember all that public tax money that was used to fund Lucas Oil Stadium? Much of that money is generated by a restaurant and hospitality tax that comes from visitors staying in Indy hotels and eating in Indy restaurants. If the conventions go away the revenue dries up and the rest of us will end up on the hook for that money.
    Since the "rest of us" are here all year and the convention is only a few days it seems to me that we ARE the ones on the hook no matter what happens. And like ModernGunner I too could care less.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    (Quote)They should be forced to post the fact that they will refuse service to LGBTs. \ quote.

You mean like "NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE". Yeah, that would work

[STRE][/STRIKE]

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Yes, let's let a group of kids in adult bodies dictate our state law. I don't give a crap what law it is, it's up to the citizens of this state to let our representatives know what is wanted and then for them to enact it. Then, if they do, that's that. If any group with deep pockets can bully our governor into signing or not signing a Bill passed by our legislature into law, then something needs to change.

I agree

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I was hoping to goto Gencon and people watch see all the losers and babes in ahem outfits

I am a gamer but I don't live in mom's basement, have a life and can talk to women

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This bill is ridiculous and is making those involved look childish. I certainly won't support any business which refuses service based off one's sexual preferences just as I avoid places in which they post no gun signs and are anti-gun.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    This bill is ridiculous and is making those involved look childish. I certainly won't support any business which refuses service based off one's sexual preferences just as I avoid places in which they post no gun signs and are anti-gun.

Have you ever seen a business with a NO GAYS sign? Of course not. This is just a excuse for the homo community to whine some more and grab a few headlines. The boogie man is in their closet...where they used to be.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yes, let's let a group of kids in adult bodies dictate our state law. I don't give a crap what law it is, it's up to the citizens of this state to let our representatives know what is wanted and then for them to enact it. Then, if they do, that's that. If any group with deep pockets can bully our governor into signing or not signing a Bill passed by our legislature into law, then something needs to change.

Which are they, kids in adult bodies or a group with deep pockets?

They have just as much right to protest the law as you do to support it, and they have just as much right to boycott as you do a "no guns" establishment, no?

Have you ever seen a business with a NO GAYS sign? Of course not. This is just a excuse for the homo community to whine some more and grab a few headlines. The boogie man is in their closet...where they used to be.

So gays haven't been refused service because of being gay? You do understand the sign thing is a hypothetical based on a post further upthread, not something people believe is currently being done, yes?

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis

No but there was the cupcake company in Indy who refused to sale cupcakes to a couple because they were gay.. That business has such closed too though they said it wasn't because of that incident.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Probably because it's impossible to enforce. What does a gay look like?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Probably because it's impossible to enforce. What does a gay look like?

caiken.jpg

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    In the scheme of things this law won't accomplish much if passed: Gays will still be able to get married and businesses which don't like it will be turning down money. For those that support the LGBT cause the ability to legally get married is one big step forward and this bill would be one small step backwards. It won't shock me at all when this gets passed as it's well known there are tons of people who feel this way against gays.

What it will do is get liberals worked up and in turn will donate money, get involved, and more importantly they will vote. I really doubt this will have much of an impact or effect on someones life and when it does we live in era where it will be called out just as any INGO'r who is been asked to disarm when legally carrying and they come on this website.

If anything this is political theater to distract us from other issues and in the scheme of things is a big waste of time.

Personally I'm happily married to my wife but if there was a law discriminating against my wife and I or a business refusing service to us because we were a couple I would consider it unacceptable.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I just wish this law had a signage requirements with force of law. Basically if they want to exercise their religious rights, they should be forced to advertise it. Similarly to how they have signs posted at the front door stating "no guns", "no smoking within 8 feet.", etc. They should be forced to post the fact that they will refuse service to LGBTs. (a rainbow flag with a line through it? :dunno:... and yes I know in this state a no guns signs =/= force of law) If they want to exercise their religious rights, they should be forced to "own it". That way, much like we would avoid a GFZ, Those that disagree with their decision could also avoid them. Maybe those that support it could come up with their own version of a "no guns no money" card?

Bottom line, as one of my very conservative friends put it "you dont have a right to someone else's labor." I have to agree and that is where I am torn on the legislation. But if you want to discriminate, you should own it and be prepared for the consequences. (good or bad)

Using government force to coerce behavior for the convenience of others is incompatible with liberty. It doesn't matter if it involves forcing people to provide services or forcing them to hang signs around their necks.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Using government force to coerce behavior for the convenience of others is incompatible with liberty. It doesn't matter if it involves forcing people to provide services or forcing them to hang signs around their necks.

If it's true that we all will someday have to meet our maker and be judged by the ultimate authority, why do so many want so badly to do it beforehand?

Top Bottom