• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, there's about as much scientific evidence linking that to autism as......you know...

...but at least she doesn't cause kids to get measles, mumps and rubella.

Last edited:

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I don't find what she says all that shocking. That is, compared to the idea that she is a politician trying to get elected, and she thought it was okay to actually say that out loud. I mean, wouldn't any halfway intelligent person be thinking about their public perception if they were trying to get elected, I dunno...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And candidates who practically no one has ever heard of or likely ever will.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Do you mean the all powerful GOP that controls the news media and keeps people from learning about the fabulous Libertarian candidates?

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Chicago GOP candidate, Susanne Atanus recently said that autism was god’s revenge for gays. The right-wing candidate, looking to unseat Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), is convinced that the happiness of homosexuals made god so angry he gave us autism.

I stopped right there. For those of us that are believers and what I was taught, God does not punish you on this earth for what you do. You do that to yourself. He renders judgement later.

You made it farther than I did. I stopped at "Chicago GOP candidate". I assumed it meant the Chicago that's in Illinois, aka Rahm Emanuelville, "home" of that guy occupying The White House between vacations, mecca of ACORN disciples............:coffee:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The truly sad thing is that the handful of republicans in her district will still vote for her. If she was in Indiana then Hoosier republicans and "conservatives" would vote for her over better candidates. Anybody but the other guys.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The truly sad thing is that the handful of republicans in her district will still vote for her. If she was in Indiana then Hoosier republicans and "conservatives" would vote for her over better candidates. Anybody but the other guys.

The EXACT same thing can be said of Democrats. Too many people vote party and not candidate, that is how we got the current crop of nut jobs in office now.

As for the loon that is the subject of the original post. WTF? Is she secretly being sponsored by the Democrats in an effort to derail the Republican bid for that seat?

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    OK I have researched many websites including this one
    9th congressional GOP hopefuls differ on many issues - DailyHerald.com
    that supposedly has the quote.

Here are the only quotes I found.
    "Abortions should not be used for birth control,"

"I am a conservative Republican and I believe in God first,"

"God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

Now I will admit that those quotes are inflammatory but they are an opinion held my many Americans.
    It's one of those things that there is real separation between beliefs.

But HERE IS MY POINT:
    I want to see or hear her own words.
    All of it.
    THEN I will decide.

Remember Phil Robertson and how what he actually said was quite different from what was reported?
    Remember George Zimmerman's phone recording edits that made him sound like a racist?

Frankly, I am surprised at the number of people here that are just rushing to judgment.

Maybe she DID say it, and she would then deserve all of the wrath, but I don't trust any of those liberal web pages that are reporting this.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

The EXACT same thing can be said of Democrats. Too many people vote party and not candidate, that is how we got the current crop of nut jobs in office now.
    I don't think mrarrell was refering to blind party allegiance, but more to the primaries. The Lugar/Murdock fiasco is a good example.

As for the loon that is the subject of the original post. WTF? Is she secretly being sponsored by the Democrats in an effort to derail the Republican bid for that seat?
    Doubt it. The republicans / tea party are doing just fine all by themselves.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't think mrarrell was refering to blind party allegiance, but more to the primaries. The Lugar/Murdock fiasco is a good example.

OK, point taken.

Doubt it. The republicans / tea party are doing just fine all by themselves.

Funny response. I hope you took my post that sparked your statement above as pure sarcasm. I stop using the color system, it was annoying.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I don't know about autism, but the mere fact that anyone would be willing to publicly say something that stupid indicates a severe mental handicap. :scratch:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Unlike some Libertarians who vote for the only Libertarian on the ticket every time and then say it's not mu fault I voted for the best candidate. Almost the same thing as saying it's not my fault I sat home and didn't vote.

OK I have researched many websites including this one
    9th congressional GOP hopefuls differ on many issues - DailyHerald.com
    that supposedly has the quote.

Here are the only quotes I found.

"Abortions should not be used for birth control,"

"I am a conservative Republican and I believe in God first,"

"God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

Now I will admit that those quotes are inflammatory but they are an opinion held my many Americans.
    It's one of those things that there is real separation between beliefs.

But HERE IS MY POINT:
    I want to see or hear her own words.
    All of it.
    THEN I will decide.

Remember Phil Robertson and how what he actually said was quite different from what was reported?
    Remember George Zimmerman's phone recording edits that made him sound like a racist?

Frankly, I am surprised at the number of people here that are just rushing to judgment.

Maybe she DID say it, and she would then deserve all of the wrath, but I don't trust any of those liberal web pages that are reporting this.

I'll take your word for that. My thoughts exactly about misreporting in the media. But it won't make a difference if she never said it the TV informed voters (and MR Jarrell) will still believe it.

What does she say about..... actual policy?

There ARE a couple of libertarians on here that I sometimes agree with. The other is Prometheus

Top Bottom