• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Kind of like we don't have the wherewithal to be energy independent since Biden decided to **** the U.S. in the *** and shut down domestic production, and force us to beg terrorists and dictators to sell us oil.

When there is a turd stopping up the drain, ya gotta plunge it out.

When there is a beaver damn stopping of the river, ya gotta blow it.

When there is an tyrannical piece of **** poisoning Liberty, ya gotta remove it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    If you wonder why Europe will have a fuel shortage here is a primer for you.
    In 2016 China overtook Saudi Arabia as the lead exporter of REFINED petroleum(diesel and gas,see article here https://www.chinasignpost.com/2016/...iesel-fuel-and-gasoline-as-saudi-arabia-does/ ). Also the USA had the title of number one for 2 short years. China has since fallen to 5th,but last year was likely in the top 3(data lag so I have no current numbers).

The government of China on March 9th,2022 asked all refiners to stop exports by April 1,2022(all refineries in China are state run just FYI). See article here. https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-...Refiners-To-Halt-Gasoline-Diesel-Exports.html

I would also wager Biden is not going around asking for oil from all our enemies,but refined oil products.
    How did that book go..."We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Today I payed $3.78/gal for regular unleaded in Owensboro. It's $4.18 back home. I feel like a winner. :rockwoot:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, this is the problem for me. I can't find anything stating the price of diesel in parts of Germany is US $88 per US gallon.
    Thursday, Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer said that talk of immediate boycott of Russian energy is both “unrealistic and wrong,” adding that “it doesn’t work. Austria gets 80% of its gas from Russia."

Diesel Crisis In Europe Worsens As Austrian Energy Giant Limits Sales​

CEO of Trafigura Jeremy Weir, which has recently fielded billions in margin calls and has warned that commodity trading houses risk imploding absent a central bank bailout, put the final nail in the coffin warning that "the diesel market is extremely tight. It’s going to get tighter and will probably lead into stock outs” referring to when fuel stations run dry.

Tornqvist also warned that European gas markets were no longer functioning properly as traders faced huge demands from banks for cash to cover hedging positions. “I think it’s broken. It really is,” he said. “I never thought that somebody could say ‘ah, gas has fallen below 100 per megawatt hours is really cheap’.”

Granted my original post was about a small area on the north side of Berlin,but it looks likely to become a much larger area.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sure.You can start at 5:04 in,but I did a screen capture for you to save a bit of time,and yes you can see the long lines for fuel as well.
    There are 3 decimal places in those prices. Same as the US, so you are inflating the price 10x. You can see in the photo in this article.

Thursday, Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer said that talk of immediate boycott of Russian energy is both “unrealistic and wrong,” adding that “it doesn’t work. Austria gets 80% of its gas from Russia."

Diesel Crisis In Europe Worsens As Austrian Energy Giant Limits Sales​

CEO of Trafigura Jeremy Weir, which has recently fielded billions in margin calls and has warned that commodity trading houses risk imploding absent a central bank bailout, put the final nail in the coffin warning that "the diesel market is extremely tight. It’s going to get tighter and will probably lead into stock outs” referring to when fuel stations run dry.

Tornqvist also warned that European gas markets were no longer functioning properly as traders faced huge demands from banks for cash to cover hedging positions. “I think it’s broken. It really is,” he said. “I never thought that somebody could say ‘ah, gas has fallen below 100 per megawatt hours is really cheap’.”

Granted my original post was about a small area on the north side of Berlin,but it looks likely to become a much larger area.
    Yeah that's NG they are talking about. So yeah energy/heating prices will go up. Europe from your article imports about 15% of it's diesel from Russia.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The last paragraph, buried at the page bottom:

...We should remember that lease auctions are only the first steps in the process. Next comes permits and mountains of paperwork and red tape. And, oil and gas drillers have to decide if it is prudent to pursue drilling during the Biden administration, given its hostile attitude to fossil fuels. ...

Double speak.

The need for increased fuel production being dire, the following restrictions are being announced.

Top Bottom