• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Many do care about Benghazi and Fast and Furious.

Lets be rational though - when a natural disaster of epic proportions strikes our nation, effecting millions of people - that becomes the main news story for a reason.

When someone who campaigns so bitterly against the incumbent President is able to work with the same administration he disagrees with to get aid to his constituents as fast as possible - that is not a bad thing. That is seriously one of those extremely rare times that we can look at our government and say "wow, hey look - they are actually not acting like jackasses!".

It is not that Sandy made anyone "forgive" Obama for anything - it just gave his approval rating a bump because he actually acted. Those that are mad at Christie for showing some leadership and acting during a crisis, IMO, have their hearts in the wrong place.

I'm not saying anything about Christie. Sandy made people forget about Benghazi. Result: He's forgiven. Just like his little mic tap made people forget about his promise to the Russians that he'd be more flexible after the election. He's forgiven. The point is if the American electorate is so fickle that such simple distractions can change their minds so easily, they don't really care all that much about those things.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I'm not saying anything about Christie. Sandy made people forget about Benghazi. Result: He's forgiven. Just like his little mic tap made people forget about his promise to the Russians that he'd be more flexible after the election. He's forgiven. The point is if the American electorate is so fickle that such simple distractions can change their minds so easily, they don't really care all that much about those things.

Romney signed an assault weapons ban in his state - and speaking at the NRA made us forget, right? But we did not forget....

Obama, also, has not been forgiven, nor his actions forgotten - the American public simply chose a turd burrito over a poop sandwich.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Romney signed an assault weapons ban in his state - and speaking at the NRA made us forget, right? But we did not forget....

Obama, also, has not been forgiven, nor his actions forgotten - the American public simply chose a turd burrito over a poop sandwich.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

Idealists don't forget transgressions committed by opponents of their ideals. They do tend to forget transgressions by fellow ideologues. Unless the media really starts digging into F&F and Benghazi and exposes an undeniable level of criminality, both will be forgiven and forgotten. Those things aren't important enough to enough people. Right now, "forward" is what a fickle America wants.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Another thing I forgot to mention, the American electorare doesn't care about Benghazi or Fast and Furious. When Obama committed treason over an open mic the electorate forgave him the next day, when he tapped the mic and quipped, "is this thing on?" End of story. The American electorate forgave Obama for Benghazi when Chris Christie hugged him. End of story. That's how much they care about those things. They want free birth control and Obama phones.

Benghazi doesn't matter because neither side is interested in the truth. The dems want everyone to believe it was retaliation for an inflammatory video. The repubs want everyon to believe the 4 killed were missionaries heading the meals on wheels program.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Benghazi doesn't matter because neither side is interested in the truth. The dems want everyone to believe it was retaliation for an inflammatory video. The repubs want everyon to believe the 4 killed were missionaries heading the meals on wheels program.

Close. The republicans will assume that since BHO won, the public is in no mood for what they'll assume the public will view as a partisan attack on a re-elected president.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Close. The republicans will assume that since BHO won, the public is in no mood for what they'll assume the public will view as a partisan attack on a re-elected president.

I posted this in the We Let Them Die thread and nobody touched it with a 10' pole.

So here's what I gather from all of these Benghazi threads.

The KGB is using the Russian Ebassy in Washington as a front to recruit and arm militia and gang members to overthrow the US and other governments. The US government discovers this but we have no right to act against the Russian Embassy because it's sovereign Russian soil. If we do act on the Russian Embassy and take it over, the Russian government is therefore warranted to exterminate 300+ million Americans.

When you're caught with your hand in the cookie jar, you basically have 2 choices. Deflect or STFU and take your lumps.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I posted this in the We Let Them Die thread and nobody touched it with a 10' pole.

When you're caught with your hand in the cookie jar, you basically have 2 choices. Deflect or STFU and take your lumps.

I remember that post. I thought you were just being silly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Which is why Fox news will air it over Sandy for the next week straight.

I think Fox will realize Benghazi is old news. They may still push it anyway. Sandy is mostly at the end if its news worthy cycle too. I think the rest of the media will mostly gloat while pretending to report and comment on the election results. Fox will just whine while pretending to report and comment on election results.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I think Fox will realize Benghazi is old news. They may still push it anyway. Sandy is mostly at the end if its news worthy cycle too. I think the rest of the media will mostly gloat while pretending to report and comment on the election results. Fox will just whine while pretending to report and comment on election results.

That will be today's news precisely...

MSNBC: Yay! We did it, the country is on the path to prosperity!

Fox: We are all trapped in a zeppelin dive bombing into hell!

CNN: Obama plans to tax the bad economy away!

PBS: *old lady voice* Our guest today wrote a book about the awesomeness of Obama.

Limbaugh: *angry* It was Gary Johnson, and the lamestream media!!**!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    To All,

The only wasted vote is the one that is uncast.

The best vote is one for someone/something you truly believe in.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Relax. In four (4) years everyone gets another bite at the apple!

In four years that apple will be rotten and dried out, much like the candidate the GOP will try to force upon us as their chosen one. Just sayin

Top Bottom