• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    The GOP could have put up God and Obama would still win. Nothing to do with the candidate. Everything to do with the fact that you can't beat a guy by promising to give less free **** than he does.

I disagree. The President's approval rating was low, the economy was still viewed as poor, unemployment was still high, and independent voters tend to vote against the incumbent.

The candidate was weak sauce. A "generic Republican" would have likely beaten Obama.

The thing is, Reagan was not on the ballot this year.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    But Indiana DID go to Romney... so not a single vote cast for Johnson in Indiana negatively impacted the Romney campaign...

Every vote for Johnson in Indiana - went to Romney....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I disagree. The President's approval rating was low, the economy was still viewed as poor, unemployment was still high, and independent voters tend to vote against the incumbent.

The candidate was weak sauce. A "generic Republican" would have likely beaten Obama.

The thing is, Reagan was not on the ballot this year.

Nope. No Republican would have beat Obama.

Romney appealed to the broadest range of GOP voters. If he couldn't do it, no one else could have.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    The GOP could have put up God and Obama would still win. Nothing to do with the candidate. Everything to do with the fact that you can't beat a guy by promising to give less free **** than he does.

The "Nothing to do with the candidate" nonsense reminds me of a bit of wisdom that was bestowed upon me...

I'm all about calling people on their own words, but there comes a point when we need to realize that just because they said something doesn't mean they really believe it deep down.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    The majority of them though were.

And here is photo evidence:

safe_image.php

FYI. I didn't add the text to the photo. It was the first image I found and I figured the text applied so why find a different one.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    GOP blew it by not letting him in the debates. Two-time governor of a Dem-dominated state should have been extended that courtesy. But they let Huntsman and Herman Cain in. Really smooth move, that.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    The state by state results are easily found with a google search. Johnson did not get enough votes in a single state that went to Obama to have given a win to Romney. So go blame your republican party leadership and look in the mirror. That is where the blame lies.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Proud to waste my vote on someone who understands what a free market is and governs accordingly.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I see what your saying... But really it is. I'm not a huge Romney fan, But i wanted Obama out so bad that i would vote for the man with the most chance of giving him the boot!

That simply shows your priority.

Personally, I'm proud of the Libertarian vote. They more than doubled their vote count in the popular vote, and claimed (so far) almost 1 million votes.

It's gaining traction, and the ears that be will start listening.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    That simply shows your priority.

Personally, I'm proud of the Libertarian vote. They more than doubled their vote count in the popular vote, and claimed (so far) almost 1 million votes.

It's gaining traction, and the ears that be will start listening.

Don't preach to me about priorities pal... You have no idea.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nope, you just think they are the same. ;)

The GOP made the same mistake, which is why their candidate lost.

Don't worry. They'll make the same mistake again next time, and we'll have an even FURTHER left candidate to run against an even FURTHER LEFT THAN THAT candidate, and it will be the most important election of our lives.

Top Bottom