• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There's a kid at the Gander Mtn in Greenwood that is more knowledgeable than almost any adult about most guns. He probably knows ARs more than 70% of gun enthusiasts.

You have to account for some kids that have been raised to be gun nuts and eat, sleep, and breathe them.

JH
    I hate going to Gander in Greenwood any more. Ever since they moved all the long guns behind the counter so you can't browse them yourself, things have gone down hill. Last time I was in there a few weeks ago, I just wanted to look at a Savage Mk II, not to buy, but just so I could handle and get a feel for the gun and maybe ask a few questions. Once I finally got the older guy behind the counter to stop discussing clubs and restaurants with the young hottie in short shorts and notice that I'd been standing there for 5 minutes with no one to help me, I had to explain to him which rifle was indeed the Mk II. When I mentioned "Accutrigger" I got a blank stare. If you're going to insist that your sales people be the only ones allowed to handle the guns, the least you could do is hire someone that actually knows something about them.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    subaru is a us made car. or do we need to get picky and say "US assembled"? if thats the case, there is no car made in the US completely.
    American Made...
    -Ill buy into it is an American Made Car.
    American Owned...
    -Last I knew Subaru was a Japanese Car Company, I believe...

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Show me an American Made Car... :popcorn:

Honda Civic, made in Greensburg, IN

Toyota Tundra, made in Princeton, IN

:D

I've made parts for both in Columbus, IN

Toyota forklifts, 80% made in the US (deckplates made in Columbus, counterweights made in North Vernon, most plastic, wiring, mechanicals, wheels, tires made in US, motors made in Japan and assembled in Columbus, transmissions made in US, electronics made in Japan) assembled in Columbus, IN

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Honda Civic, made in Greensburg, IN

Toyota Tundra, made in Princeton, IN

:D

I've made parts for both in Columbus, IN

Toyota forklifts, 80% made in the US, assembled in Columbus, IN
    Great examples of stuff made here, but your traditionalists will argue that those are Japanese Cars...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Was there ever a car company that had 100% of their cars made from materials from only America?

Auburn, Hudson, Cord, Tucker, Nash????

Actually, I believe the big three Used to be 100% American made, but that was a long time ago.

These days, I'm with a lot of the posters here, I look for quality over place produced. Money is tight and I prefer to purchase items that are going to last so that I'm not wasting money repairing or replacing them. I'd gladly spend a little extra for something that is US made, but only if it will hold up. I'm not shelling out my hard earned $'s just because it has a Sticker with the Flag on it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Show me an American Made Car... :popcorn:

2012-Hyundai-Sonata-Front-View.jpg

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Made in Alabama. You said, and I quote.... "Show me an American Made Car..." So I did. THe Company is Korean, and parts are sourced from all over the world, but it is MADE in America. ;) Now... if you meant "Show me an American made car with 100% American sourced parts offered by an American Company" that is something completely different.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Made in Alabama. You said, and I quote.... "Show me an American Made Car..." So I did. THe Company is Korean, and parts are sourced from all over the world, but it is MADE in America. ;) Now... if you meant "Show me an American made car with 100% American sourced parts offered by an American Company" that is something completely different.

Could also show Subaru's and Toyota's, both made right here in Lafayette.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Could also show Subaru's and Toyota's, both made right here in Lafayette.

LOL!

What do you think the odds of it getting to wear a Made in America tag with no fallout on the Company are...

Top Bottom