• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    I went to buy some range and defense ammo today out in Castleton and decided to try Gander Mtn instead of Dick's because the Dick's I go to in ATL never has 380A defense ammo in stock. While standing there at their gun case I was ignored by 2 different employees as they helped *3* different men instead of me that got there afterwards.

I know I have seen comments on here before about their lack of customer service but was hoping they read it and tightened up their practices. Nope. Plus the store manager was less than apologetic when I tried to explain that is sexist and could he correct the problem in the future.

Any recommendations on where I can buy ammo near Hamilton County that treats women fairly? :xmad:

PS. I'm looking forward to making it out to an Indiana range for the first time on Friday!

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I agree it's crap customer service...but I never have a problem because I actively get their attention if I need help. I find that I go there less and less because the store just sucks now.

Just grab one of them and ask for help, easiest way to do it there.

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    Haha yah, I should probably look for a OWB holster so guys with inflated egos see I'm an actual gun owner...I only have a couple Remora ones.

I'll check out Indy Gun Safety when I'm back for Christmas. It looks like they are only open by appointment during the week. Thank you for the heads up!

Really disappointed in Gander, but I should have enough for the range Friday. Lesson learned.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I've had the same same experience but I'm a dude.

That said, before getting passed over for a couple of latecomers I had an opportunity at service but directed that rep to the lady that walked up before me. I just think it is curteous for a Customer to point the rep to whomever was there first. There isn't a line, so how can the rep know when they are focusing on the one they are serving as folks walk up.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've always been ignored by GM employees at the gun counter and I'm a guy. I've found that I had to wave or otherwise try to attract their attention to get any service. It is a customer service problem, not a sexism problem. Be more assertive.

Most local gun shops are the opposite and will actively greet you when you come in. Needless to say, I hardly ever go to GM any more.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Swim404, if you can't find anything local, may I suggest Natchez Shooter's Supplies on the net. They have a good variety of 380 listed.

I have purchased a ton of ammo by the case load from them and their prices are usually reasonable, as well as delivery to your door. Usually on larger purchases, the tax savings about negates the shipping cost.

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    I was there at about noon today. I am a man & experience the same inattentiveness. Perhaps they get so many tire kickers they wait for more assertive behavior.

I've learned to assert myself at Gander Mountain & in life. It works!

gdog243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Swim 404 you might give Cheaper Than Dirt on the net A try. I usually order on Sunday Evening and my ammo here on Thursday.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Happened to me too the other day. I was at Kohls standing in the bra sections, and while everyone was looking at me, no one offered to help me

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Gander Mtn doesn't discriminate, they treat everyone badly... and their ammo prices are generally some of the worst unless you come across a rare good sale price.

That's what I thought Denny's restaurants defense should have been when they were sued a few years ago for discrimination. "We don't discriminate, we treat everyone that way."

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Haha yah, I should probably look for a OWB holster so guys with inflated egos see I'm an actual gun owner...I only have a couple Remora ones.

I'll check out Indy Gun Safety when I'm back for Christmas. It looks like they are only open by appointment during the week. Thank you for the heads up!

Really disappointed in Gander, but I should have enough for the range Friday. Lesson learned.

I just found this. An appointment is really easy to get! Just call. We live 4 minutes away!

super duty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Esat of Indy
    I have only been in GM a few times, but they appeared to be under staffed both times. Maybe they should hire some extra help. When I don't get good service I don't go back.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I refuse to go to Gander Mountain anymore. Same BS happens every single time I used to go in there. I'd be wanting to buy something but the employees acted like I wasn't even there or short tempered when I finally did get a chance. I think gander mountain employees act very similar to Wally world employees but with less cussing...

Try out Bradis II. They have a butt load of ammo always in stock

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I employ E & E tactics when in a GM store. Most employees seem ok, but I like to paw around and move the rifles and shotguns around. My looking there always leads to buying some where else. Used guns are stupid high priced, new ones are untouchable if you have a house, wife, and kids. Economy still sucks, Obama will be the best gun salesman ever, forcing sales to the unsuspecting sheeple, and GM will charge the most for the least.(if you let them fleece you, it's your business). Good luck.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Simply put, never buy from GM. Their service sucks, many employees there have no clue how to properly handle firearms, and their prices are way out of line. I go there to handle their guns to see if I like them and then price shop elsewhere. +1 on Indy gun safety.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I haven't been to GM for awhile, but the ammo was always self-service. Has this changed?

Try going to Walmart; they ignore everybody.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom