• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just bought a Beretta 84F from their Coldwater, MI store. It was used and cost me $298. I have seen similar guns at Gun Shows for $500-$600. They had to send it to Castleton and I had to wait a few days, but worth it. I also noticed that the long guns are not behind a counter, but against a wall where you can pick them up and look at them without clerk help. I drive to Detroit frequently and will continue to shop here.

I've been to that Gander and 298.00 for an 84F is a heck of a deal. It's really the only reason I go in to any Gander is to find that underpriced used gun. The new gun inventory rarely changes and it overpriced anyway.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been out of town alot lately and needed a scope mounted and bore sighted on an H&R 357 for my son to hunt with.

Wife took them to to my favorite LGS. They would not do it for her ( scope was purchased from them at an earlier time). They refered her to Gander.

She took it to Gander in Lafayette. They were very nice to her.
    Two days later they called saying gun was ready.
    Rings purchased from them $21.39 , scope mounted $8 and bore sighted $8.

My wife was far more comfortable with them and they were far more welcoming to her than the LGS was.

+1 for Gander in Lafayette.

I had just the opposite. I wanted the scope taken off my .357...so I dropped by Applied Ballistics and they did it right then. +1 for them.

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    This problem runs rampid in retail everywhere in my opinion. People just have a work ethic that leaves much to desire. I absolutely point out to my 14 and 18 year old crappy customer service and instruct them on what should have been done. It is paying off as both of my boys will call someone out for poor service. My oldest recently refused to complete a purchase due to poor service. I was very proud to say the least. I still believe money is spent where it is wanted and appreciated !

KQuinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    One word. Msrp. A lot of the people behind the gun counter should be up front running the registers. Browse on my lunch break. That's about it.

willytlucas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Boone
    I have had some good and some bad experiences there. One time I ask the man behind the counter a question and all he did was nod and walk away. They recently put in a take a number system so you could at least get that far. Courtesy may still be lackluster.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I've bought guns from the Castleton store. Service has always been fine. Wednesday afternoon when I was last in there, they had several guys walking around the ammo asking if anyone needed help. I think their ammo prices have always been on the high side so I typically don't buy from there. But I like their selection of about anything.

tomesmalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    I have never had any problem with customer service at the Hobart store. And I like that they haven't raised their prices during this frenzy like the small gun shops have

Top Bottom