• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    what i dont understand is why we cant but it online. even if it is a bit of a wait. now see at my job, if the demand gits high for parts, we work overtime. why cant they?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Another thread about reselling ammo. Definitely what INGO needs.

The irony, of course, it that in order for you to see the lines at 7:30, you had to be there to buy the same ammo those guys were buying ;)

Such disdain for free market capitalism is still something I don't understand, though. I enjoy shooting and I stocked up years ago for ammo shortages. If I have a surplus of ammo and I want to sell some stock at an opportune time to make money, that's capitalism.

Do you get mad at every stock market trader too? How about car dealers? Heck - you should be getting mad at walmart. They're selling the ammo for more than they paid.

They're not making as much per box? Who decides what profit margin is too much? The market.

I understand that you're unhappy that you don't have the ammo you want because you didn't buy it before everybody freaked out. But taking it out on free market capitalism or opportunists who are trying to make money when money is hard to come by isn't the way to do it.

I intend to sell some ammo for a profit (not on INGO). Of course, I bought 90% of it from 2010-2011 when it was widely available everywhere. But I don't feel a bit bad about it. I help gun owners on all sorts of things. I brought 8 new shooters shooting a few weekends ago and let them shoot ~$200 worth of my personal stock of ammunition. I do plenty to help the gun community. Don't hate me for also being a capitalist.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Warthog I am going to have to agree with 38special on almost all points. Also the problem with the information you linked to is that it is your opinion and it includes a lot of false information. Like the statement below.

"So, if I paid $12 for 50 rounds in 1993 (and I think it was actually more like 9 or ten), that same 50 rounds would cost 19.12 if you used today's money to pay for it. I think though we all know it is more like $50 to go and buy yourself 50 9mm's these days. Before the hub bub it was $25. This leaves us with a little less than $6 increase above and beyond what it once cost us which doesn't seem like much until you start looking at what ammo cost in general then verses what it costs now, meaning an average across calibers, then you would see things have gone up close to 35%."

No one is paying $50 for a box of 9mm. You can come on here or go to Armslist and find boxes for $20 all day long. While I understand some of the other points you were trying to make when you make claims that 9mm is going for $50 a box it makes the rest of your statements harder to believe.

The last point I will try to make is that there is value to time. Everyone must decide what that value is. There are those that feel driving to 3 walmarts every other day to hopefully pick up your 3 box limit at each is worth it. Others feel that spending that hour and the gas to do it isn't worth the savings and will pay a premium 4-5$ a box to buy here or online. In the end it is up to the individual to decide what works best for them.

Mr. .38 Spl

See if you can understand what is written here for me...

Why it isn't about free markets

and stop waving that banner around so proudly. If you are able to understand this and you still are wanting to wave it, then I tried.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Not one bit of false info in my post. Sadly this is why we fail as a group.
    No Soccer, Engalwood was talking to me

one point makes the whole bad? well I have seen people pay it so I guess it was a fluke.

If that makes the POINT I made false, then so be it, we are a sad group of people who will always be easy to beat.
    When it happens though, remember, I said it here and have been for years.
    YOU and yours aregued for it to be allowed to happen. I hope that feels as good then as it does now.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Not one bit of false info in my post. Sadly this is why we fail as a group.
    No Soccer, Engalwood was talking to me

one point makes the whole bad? well I have seen people pay it so I guess it was a fluke.

If that makes the POINT I made false, then so be it, we are a sad group of people who will always be easy to beat.
    When it happens though, remember, I said it here and have been for years.
    YOU and yours aregued for it to be allowed to happen. I hope that feels as good then as it does now.

No one is being forced to pay a high price for ammo that I know of. If someone doesn't think the prices are fair, he doesn't have to buy.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    And I never said they were. If I did you can show me where that was please.

Can you even understand what I said or should I dumb it down further?
    I mane the linked post, did you even read that yet?

but here you are telling me stuff I already addressed. OOPS.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I don't have any disdain for the free market at all.

I wish you people would quit putting words in my mouth and try reading what I say for a change.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You just tend to beat down free markets. A free market is just that.

Know any farmers?

I wonder if they want a truly free market.

Ask them.

Unless they are REALLY BIG, like Frito Lays big, they would disappear in a year.

You people who talk this way are economic ignorants.
    You have no idea what you are saying and never will because you only say what Fox news or Rush tells you to say, free thought before free markets is my plan. Being able to understand what the heck I am talking about before I try to meddle with world events is a lot more important than looking like a green toothed yokel every time I open my mouth about things I don't truly understand.

I quit, keep lambasting me. That's all you're good at anyway.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I don't have any disdain for the free market at all.

I wish you people would quit putting words in my mouth and try reading what I say for a change.

These panics always wind up hurting the shooting sports in the long run. Period. There is no upside to them, period. Those who help perpetuate them are the worst sort of person there is, get it? If you are trying to sell your brass at a dollar a piece, you are scum. Same goes for any other gouger trying to turn a fast buck. If you go to Gander Mountain and clean the place out so you can "flip" it online for three times what it cost you, you're a pig that will hopefully find themselves in need someday and no one will help them because we will all remember you and how you sold us all out to the Antis.

No disdain for free markets? At all?

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Know any farmers?

I wonder if they want a truly free market.

Ask them.

Unless they are REALLY BIG, like Frito Lays big, they would disappear in a year.

You people who talk this way are economic ignorants.
    You have no idea what you are saying and never will because you only say what Fox news or Rush tells you to say, free thought before free markets is my plan. Being able to understand what the heck I am talking about before I try to meddle with world events is a lot more important than looking like a green toothed yokel every time I open my mouth about things I don't truly understand.

Who is lambasting you?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You only see what you feel supports your needs. I haven't any disdain for free markets.]

Try to see what the whole write up means, or are you able to open up that wide?

Don't read it to see if you can support what you want to support, that is doing it with a closed mind.]
    Try doing it with an OPEN mind and see if you see any other points being made.

YOU have been lambasting me and my views, even if you aren't aware of it.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You only see what you feel supports your needs. I haven't any disdain for free markets.]

Try to see what the whole write up means, or are you able to open up that wide?

Don't read it to see if you can support what you want to support, that is doing it with a closed mind.]
    Try doing it with an OPEN mind and see if you see any other points being made.

YOU have been lambasting me and my views, even if you aren't aware of it.

You have made enough condescending remarks in your posts that I don't really want to discuss free markets with you. Have a good day, sir. And God bless you.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Mr. .38 Spl

See if you can understand what is written here for me...

Why it isn't about free markets

and stop waving that banner around so proudly. If you are able to understand this and you still are wanting to wave it, then I tried.

I have previously read your post. I understand some of the points you're trying to make, but the first part of your post wasn't a good lead-in to your second point that every ammo reseller is "scum" and a "pig".

You make 2 points. 1.) Ammo prices have gone up about 35% across the board. 2) Ammo resellers in short-term shortages are scum and pigs. And apparently also the cause of the 35% rise. You fail to connect the two, however. Correlation =/= Causation, but really these 2 points aren't even correlation so it's a stretch.

Also, as noted, the ammunition I'll be selling was purchased from 2010-2011. Selling it now has no bearing on ammunition availability right now, and certainly doesn't determine what walmart will sell their ammo for. But I don't have a problem with people buying ammunition RIGHT NOW and reselling it.

EDIT: Actually, my selling of ammo *can* have a bearing on ammunition availability. It makes it MORE available, which drives the price down if enough people do it.

Have prices gone up recently? Yes. Absolutely. Has the number of gun owners also gone up? Yup!

When there is higher demand for a product, demand goes up and supply goes down until manufacturers can meet the demands.

In a true free market, the price would go down as manufacturers would fill in the demand. We don't have anything resembling a free market since the government feels like it needs to regulate every little thing about our lives.

That drives prices up permanently. Permanent/fixed manufacturer costs drive prices up. Temporary market surges and folks taking advantage of that does not permanently raise prices.

You people who talk this way are economic ignorants.....
    You have no idea what you are saying and never will because you only say what Fox news or Rush tells you to say, free thought before free markets is my plan.......

Your presumption that I watch Fox News or listen to Rush Limbaugh for my information immediately discredits points you're making. (I don't). Rather than making a rational argument, you're personally attacking people. It's not a good way to have a discussion.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It does amaze me that if I take the high road, folks like you will take the low and name call and attack me personally. When I attempt to make it easier for you to understand and use language you use on me, you take the high road and Bless Me. I find this amusing, it's like when I debate the existence of God with an atheist. You just can't do it because they are already decided so it come down to doing what Solomon warns me not to do, argue with fools.

Maybe you are idly rich enough to want the poor not to be able to be able to afford ammo? It is hard to say since all you really do is tell me why you won't debate me.

At this point I retire and yield the field to the conquering heroes.

It is my dearest hope that you do get your absolutely open and free markets one day.
    It will be fun to hear what you have to say then.

Top Bottom