• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    I understand looking for ammo, but people were lined up at 7:30 already this am . I dropped by the Wally and decided to see if there was a line and sure a freakn nuff there was about 8-10 guys. I find that a bit excessive lol. Just my 2 cent I guess

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I understand looking for ammo, but people were lined up at 7:30 already this am . I dropped by the Wally and decided to see if there was a line and sure a freakn nuff there was about 8-10 guys. I find that a bit excessive lol. Just my 2 cent I guess

It's ridiculous, it's a box of ammo for crying out loud.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan

I'd bet dollars to donuts that it was the same 8 - 10 guys at the Wally world that are there every morning. :dunno:

FrankNstein

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    At Gander Mountain yesterday, they said they sold out in 8 minutes. Walmart at 7:30 this morning, I snagged a box of .45 ACP, two other guys bought the rest and left only 2 boxes of .40. They only laugh when you ask about .22 LR.
    Gun show tomorrow should be a lesson in supply and demand.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yup, same guys that are asking $50-55 for a $20 box of .22s. I refuse to buy from these guys or participate in the madness. I have enough ammo to wait it out and hopefully these guys get stuck holding ammo they can't sell. Also ammo is becoming more available and there are some people out there that will sell/trade at realistic prices. Most of this ammo shortage is being caused by us! STOP IT! :twocents:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Agree, this panic is self inflicted. though some call it capitalism. To be honest, I've thought alot about selling what little factory ammo I have left, I've gone to 95% reloads in all my calibers for economics.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Iv been buying ammo early in the morning at walmart once a week or so. Same guy (sport dept manager) there every time Im there but iv still managed to get enough to shoot a box or two and store one (3 box limit). When people complain about "the same guys" buying ammo all the time, that is kind of me? and I am not a reseller nor am i sitting on any significant stock pile. Just my 2 cents for when i read about "the bad people who buy up the WM ammo every week." Three boxes every 7-14 days aint causing this demand/prices. Again just wanted to butt in, no harm intended! Thanks!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Stopped by gander in greenwood last weekend, I dunno what they have there on Friday morning but on Saturday afternoon they had quite a bit of ammo available. I don't remember every caliber they had but there was at least .40, .45, .44 magnum, .17 and several others. I wasn't going to pay $45/box for 44mag to punch holes in paper but it was available.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Iv been buying ammo early in the morning at walmart once a week or so. Same guy (sport dept manager) there every time Im there but iv still managed to get enough to shoot a box or two and store one (3 box limit). When people complain about "the same guys" buying ammo all the time, that is kind of me? and I am not a reseller nor am i sitting on any significant stock pile. Just my 2 cents for when i read about "the bad people who buy up the WM ammo every week." Three boxes every 7-14 days aint causing this demand/prices. Again just wanted to butt in, no harm intended! Thanks!

No harm no foul towards you or anyone else that is a hobbiest.
    I have heard these guys bragging and it makes it tough on you and me. This is only a small part of why we are in this crush. The main reason is sitting in seats of power in Washington.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It's a choice many are willing to make. Pay someone else to stand in line so you don't have to. It's a niche market for small time hustlers.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Which Wally was it? I never see any at Emmerson/465 or Fishers 96th st, But I dont get off until 12:30 PM and by that time its Foggedaboutit.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Which cannot be found unless you line up in the mentioned lines.

Is it annoying? Yes, but it is the current state of affairs.

Want ammo? Line up with the rest of them.

I'm not going to go stand in line like some teenager for concert tickets or russians in a bread line. All those times that Gander had that AE 100 packs of 5.56 stacked on the tables for 29.99 and then 39.99 guess who always bought 1 or 2, this guy. Same with the 100 packs of Win 9mm for 21.97 that Walmart always had.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    No harm no foul towards you or anyone else that is a hobbiest.
    I have heard these guys bragging and it makes it tough on you and me. This is only a small part of why we are in this crush. The main reason is sitting in seats of power in Washington.

I"m like you I buy some when I see it, I happened upon some the other day at the Greenfield Walmart, I bought three boxes and called two of my buddies and let them each get one, there was still plenty left on the shelf when I left. I don't stake out the sporting goods department on a regular schedule though like some are talking about.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Free market

U must of been in line!!! Go ahead and yr right it's a free market! As long as people do this it won't change. Ye right free market and I have a free market to btch about it!!!

I stop at 3 Wally's every am bc it's omw to work. Just have to be willing to put forth the effort. Got 8 boxes of .223 brass maxx and one box of .22lr. I will never go straight to Wally n buy n turn around n sell and bend over no effn lube prices.

It's just like America right now... People expect something for nothing. Just my 2cent

8-)

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    Unfortunately I'm new to the game. 6 months ago I had no reason to buy ammo because I didn't have a gun. Now that I do, I'd like to be able to shoot it. I'm not opposed to standing in line, but I haven't made the time to do it. I've been able to get some on the web and that suits me fine. I would expect the supplies online to start opening up before Wally World or GM get flush with inventory.

Top Bottom