• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    Didn't read the whole thread but if you guys ever get close to a Sportsmans Warehouse go in and take a look.

They are not as big as cabelas or gander but they cater to the hunter and shooter and their prices are much lower.

The closest one to Indiana is in Lexington KY

kamred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    well he is right! the one thing about gander mountain is that they carry well made firearms, not junk like kel tec!

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    I have notice that most prices at Gander are higher that any other place, the only thing that i notice lower is the sporting clays, from some unknown manufacturer or imports but since all go to waste, it is good get few bucks saved, other thing that you can get good price is buying the displays, no box, no cover all dusty but 30% or more less than the list price is good deal.

QingLong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Tell me if I'm overreacting.

The last two times I've been to the Castleton GM, I've had a firearm pointed in my direction. First time, it was a shotgun. I walk toward the gun counter, and the guy behind the counter raises the weapon to his shoulder and points it right at me. I stop, give him an annoyed look, and he shrugs and raises the gun to point above my head, toward the blank wall above the front door. Then, this week, I go in, walk to the gun counter, and some kid in his 20s raises an AR-15 and points it right at me, smirking. I say "hey", and he just puts the gun down, turns, and starts talking to another guy.
    So yeah, I know it's a store, and the guns aren't loaded, but every gun safety instinct I have tells me that I am the proper level of pissed off about this (which is to say pretty damned pissed off).
    Before I fire off an angry letter or two, anyone have any advice or calming words?

P.S. - oh, yeah, and then after pointedly ignoring me to talk to several other people who came in after me, they quote me $806 for a Walther PPQ.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I go to GM because its right down the road and depending what ammo you're buying it could be a reasonable price. I will agree though that most of their prices are higher than everyone else. If Im purchasing a big ticket item I'll go somewhere else

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Gander is just like a strip club. You go there to look and drool without taking anything home. Just remember to change your shirt in the car so your significant other doesn't say "why does your clothes smell like gun."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom