• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Sounds like you had a better experience then i did a few weeks ago. I walked in and 3 very interesting looking rough guys in there late 20s all tatted up and gauged up were having their "girlfriend" buy them a gun. I knew because she kept asking what kind of ammo do you want? and do you want any holsters? "I don't care I wont be shooting it" and the gander people just kept running the paper work for her. I mentioned it to one of the sales clerks and he said "that really isn't any of our business"....I left immediately.
    Eeek, that sounds extremely sketchy..

As for Gander's, sounds like it's hit or miss with a lot of people.. with a few more misses (heh). I've heard a lot of bad things about them, from the staff to the high prices. Kinda makes me glad there's a Cabela's near me, and not a Gander :):. Cabela's can be high priced as well, but the staff is generally very friendly and always willing to help, with no attitudes (and YMMV). I know the gun counter at Cabela's is pretty much the same though, with a bunch of people at the counter and only 2-3 people behind it, trying to attend to everyone.. especially in the evenings when people are getting off work. You can be waiting there for a little while 'til someone gets to you or even greets you. That usually doesn't bother me too much though (I know they're busy), unless I end up waiting a ridiculous amount of time or they help someone else first, who came up after I did.

I always think they could use more help behind the counter in the evenings and on the weekends, reguardless.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    When I got my gun and was filling out the papwerwork it was pretty obvious that they were hinting that if I checked yess for about anything I would be denied.......

In the end most people out there just want to make a sale....... regardless if it is legal or ethical..........

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I know Im probably in the minority, but I've had good experiences at my local GM, and Ive found good deals. Most of their new guns IMO are over priced. Very rarely have I found a new guy there I would buy, but occasionally they have a good sale price on one or two. Case in point, my P22 for $249 a in late 2008. All of the good deals Ive seen are in the used guns though. A couple of days ago the local store had a M&P .40 full size for $$450 complete with case and all the normal accessories. Thats $100 less than the 'normal' new price, and the gun looked like it had barely anything through it. So, the deals are out there, you just have to look. As for the employee issue..... well, you can't fix stupid. ;)

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I got my Glock 19 used at the Greenwood store for $400.00 I felt it was a good deal considering it came with XS Big Dot sights, both mags with Pearce +1 extensions, the factory box, and was in really good shape. I will agree that they are a bit over priced from what I can tell on a lot of their new firearms and extremely over priced on their ammo.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I know Im probably in the minority, but I've had good experiences at my local GM, and Ive found good deals. Most of their new guns IMO are over priced. Very rarely have I found a new guy there I would buy, but occasionally they have a good sale price on one or two. Case in point, my P22 for $249 a in late 2008. All of the good deals Ive seen are in the used guns though. A couple of days ago the local store had a M&P .40 full size for $$450 complete with case and all the normal accessories. Thats $100 less than the 'normal' new price, and the gun looked like it had barely anything through it. So, the deals are out there, you just have to look. As for the employee issue..... well, you can't fix stupid. ;)
    I think the same thing. I always look at the new guns but doubt I will ever buy one because they are overpriced. The used guns on the other hand generally are about what anyone else has them for, and if you go in there very often you can find a good deal. I bought my LCP there for $249. It was a sell back to them but had never even been loaded. I was happy.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    sounds like greenwood GM is full of special people. ill never go there just from the stories i read on here. castleton store always treats me well. usually i have to tell several of them that i am just looking and dont need help at the moment. never had a bad expireance there.
    I cant stand going into the greenwood store but love the castleton store and end up wandering in there at least once every week or 2. There is a salesman in castleton named jose that is great. I talk to him every chance I get. The other day I was wanting to compare 4 different guns and they didnt have a problem pulling them out (2 at a time) and let me compare, it was great. (I ended up putting a para p12-45 high cap compact on layaway:rockwoot:).The other guys are good there too, I have never had a problem at castleton, and would recommend them to anyone.

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    The greenwood personnel are pretty good during the day- the evening and weekend staff are hit and miss.
    I don't go to the castleton store much so i can't comment on the personnel - but they seem to have a larger selection.

As far as price, GM is a little more expensive, but you usually get something for free (lately it has been gunsocks), a warranty (option for extension), and a free guncleanning/tuneup. Sometimes it is worth the extra money sometimes it is not- depends on the gun you buy.

Top Bottom