• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've had good luck when it comes to Thursday morning ammo. I go to the one in Fort Wayne. This morning I walked out with a brick of 525 .22lr and 200 rounds of vmax 223. Of course this was the most expensive drive to gander mountain ever because I got a speeding ticket on the way up.

How much was the brick of .22LR ammo?

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE
    If they had the normal procedure today, but informed customers the change will take place next week, there would still be people out of the loop and frustrated with the store. These sort of changes happen in the grocery business all the time.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I went to Gander Mountain in Greenwood last saturday, waited at the counter for 15 minutes while other customers were being helped all around me. I didnt even get eye contact. I have been in the market for a shotgun and there was an 870 for $250 that caught my eye. I would have walked out with it that day but no one helped me.

Did you need to take a number? That is how it works in Castleton when you want to see a gun.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I think this is actually kind of funny. The same people are in line every Thursday morning. Probably half of them are getting ammo just to turn around and re sell it. The other half already have huge stockpiles of ammo and are hoarding. This is why normal people cannot get ammo. I cannot be there at 9am Thursday because I have to work. Many people are in the same situation. If not for those people waiting on Thursday morning to buy everything they get in we would not be having this problem right now. The only times I have bought ammo since Sandy hook is twice when I just happened to see it in Wal mart. I have shot much more than I have bought.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I priced a shotgun there. Bought it online and saved $200. I priced a M&P there. Bought it there. No one else had one or they were higher priced. I priced a 10/22 there. Bought it there. Once again, no one had one or they were higher priced.

I would not pay $34 for a box of 9mm ammo though when I picked up my M&P.

If you do your "due diligence" and do an accurate cost comparison, you may find that on some items GM is very competitive.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    I have to agree with you Darral27. I have been looking everywhere for .22lr 40 grain ammo. I cannot find it anywhere. I have looked thru the many internet sites, shopped store after store and still no luck. I want this ammo so I can be ready for steal matches coming up. I have a few boxes of 40cal for my Glock, and 9mm for my CZ. I am not one that has hordes and hordes and as you can see I do not sell ammo on here to make a profit. I just want the .22lr ammo for me and my plinker gun that I love to fire off for cheap fun. Oh well maybe I will get luck tomorrow getting some .22 ammo. Now Darral27 if there is something I can buy for you and we can meet up sometime pm me and let me know.

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I priced a shotgun there. Bought it online and saved $200. I priced a M&P there. Bought it there. No one else had one or they were higher priced. I priced a 10/22 there. Bought it there. Once again, no one had one or they were higher priced.

I would not pay $34 for a box of 9mm ammo though when I picked up my M&P.

If you do your "due diligence" and do an accurate cost comparison, you may find that on some items GM is very competitive.

Agree. Bought both a Ruger SR9c (his) and a Beretta Nano (hers) and their prices were inline or better than any other place. The ammo situation there is crazy. My wife and I have taken road trips the past two Saturdays to the small town mom and pop places and have found ammo and it is competitively priced for todays market.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

I have to agree especially for certain firearms. Some of their deals can be quite good, recently saw in the store, $299 for Ruger LCP, $499 for an S&W M&P9. Those prices are comparable to internet prices but without the hassle of transfer fees and shipping. But as you said, you have to do your due diligence.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Stopped by there this morning in Castleton and found out they have made up a new rule that just stated today. They will no longer restock the shelves from the delivery they receive on Thursday morning until Friday morning. We have all be trained by them in the past that Thursday morning was the time to arrive early for your chance at the new items. One customer stated he called Wednesday evening to verify that the new products would be available on Thursday morning as usual before he made the 1 hour drive to the store. I guess what really burns my top is that it was just a blow off from the management about our lost time.

I will still go there due to their large selection and great prices but man am I upset about the lack of compassion the management showed.

Chris,

Great prices. You really need to get out a bit more..............:D

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Its tough to feel sorry for the crowd that shows up at Gander Mountain early thursday morning to buy out the weeks worth of ammo they get in.

I hope that saturation sinks in soon and the hoarders will feel comfortable with what they have and the stores can re-supply and stay that way. I would like to do some shooting this Summer!:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hope that saturation sinks in soon and the hoarders will feel comfortable with what they have and the stores can re-supply and stay that way. I would like to do some shooting this Summer!:)

Not so much the hoarders. There is no such thing as enough ammo anyway.

Top Bottom