• ...and so much more!
  • Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Welcome to Capitalism.

If that's the way they want to run their business, that's their business. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

It's basically the same as "Buy a gun and you get the option of buying ammo for it, guaranteed."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont blame them and "we dont have any" is much easier than spending 5 minutes arguing with some numbnuts that doesnt understand that you cant sell a gun to an average (first time buyer) customer if they cant "feed" it.

Would you buy an auto from a shop if you couldnt get a mag for it? How about a car that didnt have any tires? How is this any different than bullets? (assume for this rhetorical question that guns/cars dont ship with mags/tires from the factory)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I bought 96 cans of Chef Boyardee ravioli a few weeks ago because Kroger had it on sale and I had a **** ton of coupons.

I'm a bad person.

Would you sell me some? I can't find the ravioli at WalMart. All they have is the spegetti. I will pay 3x the retail value.

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    I dont blame them and "we dont have any" is much easier than spending 5 minutes arguing with some numbnuts that doesnt understand that you cant sell a gun to an average (first time buyer) customer if they cant "feed" it.

Would you buy an auto from a shop if you couldnt get a mag for it? How about a car that didnt have any tires? How is this any different than bullets? (assume for this rhetorical question that guns/cars dont ship with mags/tires from the factory)

If the "Numbnuts" would go back a few posts, they would see I said I understand if they held some back for their new guns. Maybe "they" should learn to read before "they" post.:cool:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If the "Numbnuts" would go back a few posts, they would see I said I understand if they held some back for their new guns. Maybe "they" should learn to read before "they" post.:cool:

JFC! Maybe somebody else would like to chill? I never said YOU were the numbnut. If I were talking about you, I would have quoted your original comments.

Oh, and way to carry your beef with me into another thread. Stay classy.

Last edited:

cpfr1781

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Gander Mountain

They held their 'grand opening" last week in Merrillville and had more ammo in one spot than I have seen in years. They also limited the amount you could buy. Pretty sure they have been stockpiling.

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Just left the Castleton GM. The guy behind the counter was explaining to a guy standing there, that because of the shortage they hold back half of all there ammo shipments to sell to people who are buying a gun. the other half goes on the floor.
    Okay I get that part of it. Sucks to buy a gun and not have the ammo for it. The problem I have is wile I was standing at the counter getting them to check on the price of some powder. I noticed a guy buying a smith & Wesson 22-A. Sitting there with the gun was a bulk pack of Federal 22 ammo and 2 boxes of Federal 40Cal ammo. So if they are holding it back to sell with a gun that is purchased, by there own reasoning they shouldn't be selling ammo to the person for a caliber gun they are not buying.
    Its there store they can do what they want. They just slipped a little farther down the ladder in my eyes.
    Another question. they had federal 357 Sig ammo. Now i don't own a gun of this caliber. But 70 dollars for a box of 50 rounds sounds a little steep to me. Maybe not? If it is I will not be getting a 357sig any time soon. lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just left the Castleton GM. The guy behind the counter was explaining to a guy standing there, that because of the shortage they hold back half of all there ammo shipments to sell to people who are buying a gun. the other half goes on the floor.
    Okay I get that part of it. Sucks to buy a gun and not have the ammo for it. The problem I have is wile I was standing at the counter getting them to check on the price of some powder. I noticed a guy buying a smith & Wesson 22-A. Sitting there with the gun was a bulk pack of Federal 22 ammo and 2 boxes of Federal 40Cal ammo. So if they are holding it back to sell with a gun that is purchased, by there own reasoning they shouldn't be selling ammo to the person for a caliber gun they are not buying.
    Its there store they can do what they want. They just slipped a little farther down the ladder in my eyes.
    Another question. they had federal 357 Sig ammo. Now i don't own a gun of this caliber. But 70 dollars for a box of 50 rounds sounds a little steep to me. Maybe not? If it is I will not be getting a 357sig any time soon. lol

Looks like the policy is unlimited (or 1 bulk pack?) to go with the gun, and 100 rounds of customer courtesy ammo. (Non matching caliber). When I bought my O/U they wouldn't sell me more than 100 rounds of .22. I couldn't get a bulk pack. I'm grateful for what I got given it was 22 and I wasn't gouged.

But I see your point... Seems like they are at least being reasonable.

Top Bottom