• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyloader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    I went to the Gander Mountain in Greenwood last night and bought 2 AR15's.
    I guess it was a grand opening for all of their stores.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    It all depends on what ammo you are looking for.

I stopped by on sat at 2:00PM. They had pallets of bulk ammo all over the place. Tons of shotgun, .40S&W, and even some 556.

I overheard an employee say they had about 120 people lined up outside the door at 6:00AM. All the .22LR and 9mm was completely gone and only the really expensive match grade .308 was left.

I bought a really nice .50 cal mil. surplus ammo can, they had tons of them, for $20 bones. I also picked up a pre-packaged polycarbonate ammo can filled with 250rnds or blazer .40S&W. They had 300rnd .40S&W magtech bulk packages as well, for $139.

I also picked up a Beretta T-shirt. All-in-all a fun day. When I got home I dumped all my loose lake city rounds into the 50 cal can and called it a day.

I'm so glad I got rid of my 9mm and .45's a few years ago. For some reason .40cal has been very easy to find and virtually unaffected by this ammo crisis. I must be the only person who likes the round.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was in yesterday afternoon and they had 9mm and .40 cal win 100rd boxes still available but at 39.99 and 49.99 respectively they were about 15.00 over priced what I can get them for at walmart. They had a lot of ARs though.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Swung by Castleton GM today and they are out of .223, 5.56, 9mm and .22lr. The salesman said they had brought everything out of the back for the grand reopening. Makes me think they were hoarding it a bit in anticipation of their event.

Top Bottom