• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Go look up when this noobie was talking **** about 21st centuary firearms. I beleive everyone who works there got offended as well. Im just saying this "arguement" went off topic, and got stupid.
    I would love to be civil, and try to help the lowering of the ammo prices, but dont run your mouth about customer service. If you had a bad experience, im sorry to hear that.

Link the post where it got derailed please. :twocents:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I got offensive because somebody was complaining about the service.

About the service they got from YOU? Or even in YOUR store? From what I can tell, neither was the case. Somebody had a problem with the service they got in some store you don't work at, yet YOU get offended? :dunno:

thats a slander towards myself

No, it wasn't. First, it wasn't directed at you personally, and second, "slander" is defined as "a false and defammatory oral statement". The statements in question may not have been false (the guy might really have had crappy service), nor were they oral.

so coming into gander and complaining to ME about ammo prices is pointless.

Where was it mentioned that anyone posting in the thread did that?

I just thought it was dumb, that some onlooker had to post his :twocents: and had no idea what he was talking about.

Don't sound so surprised; it's the internet, fer cryin' out loud! :laugh:

IndyGuns1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    indy
    I dont really want to spend anymore of my time argueing about their prices. Sorry you guys had bad customer service. Stop in to see other stores and im sure you'll love it.
    So we came to the conclusion that GM has bad ammo prices, extremely high. AND that castelton has horrible customer service. NEITHER of them affect gdun67 or empire, nor can we change neither. So shooter your right. But dont label it as a totally bad experience when nobody mentioned other stores. :@ya:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    About the service they got from YOU? Or even in YOUR store? From what I can tell, neither was the case. Somebody had a problem with the service they got in some store you don't work at, yet YOU get offended? :dunno:

No, it wasn't. First, it wasn't directed at you personally, and second, "slander" is defined as "a false and defammatory oral statement". The statements in question may not have been false (the guy might really have had crappy service), nor were they oral.

Where was it mentioned that anyone posting in the thread did that?

Don't sound so surprised; it's the internet, fer cryin' out loud! :laugh:
    :+1:

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Interesting Phone call

I took the survey, rated for what they deserve, just hung up the phone with the manager of the greenwood store, very concerned about service I received there.

Those surveys have someone's attention, no question.

Based on my conversation, I'll give the Greenwood store another try, Castleton is a lost cause, unless a ton of people get on them.

I'm impressed that someone is actually reading and listening to what we are saying.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I sent them this.... Short and not so sweet:

Your ammunition prices are ridiculous. This is clearly price gouging. I am reminded of the gas stations that jacked their prices up on of 9/11. I am a member of a 4000 strong Indiana gun owners forum and we will remember your gouging even when the prices drop. You are NO friend to the American gun owner!!!

:patriot:

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    I sent them this.... Short and not so sweet:

Your ammunition prices are ridiculous. This is clearly price gouging. I am reminded of the gas stations that jacked their prices up on of 9/11. I am a member of a 4000 strong Indiana gun owners forum and we will remember your gouging even when the prices drop. You are NO friend to the American gun owner!!!

:patriot:

Nicely put.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm just getting back into the gun culture. I see everything has gone sky high. What about this calibur---5.45x39?

Fun caliber to play with. Ammo is available and relatively inexpensive at the moment, but that will change once all the Eastern Bloc military surplus dries up. Rifles and mags, which were once plentiful and cheap (when the ammo wasn't), have now gone up considerably.

In addition to the AK-74 type rifles, S&W offers an AR upper in this caliber, for folks who don't want to pay the high price of .223.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    WOW! I have never and will never buy gun related items for GM due to prices. I have however bought some fishing gear there, overpriced, I dont know I didnt shop around. After hearing the way Empire is saying that we dont matter they will still make money and calling some guy a "douche", I think I will never go back. Because $ is ALL that matters and GM is still going to get theirs and Empire is still going to get a bonus, he prolly got employee of the month for his great customer service skills. I sure hope he is nicer when hes on the job... Talk about a REAL douche.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would say the word has gotten out to Gander they just left me a voicemail about my survey. I will be polite as always when I call the manager back and explain my beef which goes a little further than the ammo prices.

I have called in to the Fort Wayne GM to ask about availability of a gun I'm looking for with very little help and pretty much a brush off by the gun counter...they told me they were busy right now and would call me back when they had time. No call back ever came. I went in there this week to get some face to face answers about the gun I'm looking for .357 lever action in stainless which by the way is much harder to find than I expected.

They had it in blued finish for a good price, but still not what I'm looking for. So I asked the guy to check his suppliers and see if they can order me one. The guy said he didn't know if they could or not and walked away, I was the only one in the gun area so he wasn't busy with other customers.... WTF

And they must have a different blue book for gun values than any other gun dealer in this area because their trade in values are just as crazy as most of their new prices, I took my guns to a couple local dealers and was offered double what GM offered me on trade for the same gun that there was only a $20 increase in price on. Again WTF.....

:dunno:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Wow, interesting thread......

Let me give you MY experience with GM. (Fort Wayne)

I had just bought a XD from H&H and they had NO ammo for it. I had bought (2) WWB from Wal-mart (left 6 boxes there). Then I started doing research and realized that while I was waiting to get my permit, I would have an even harder time getting ammo. I had just used 300 plus rounds breaking in my HP995 Carbine (Nice gun btw:ar15:). Anyhow, I stopped in GM many times and they have always been nice, just never had 9mm in stock. I asked the guy when you getting some and he replied that he would be getting a truck in the next night and for me to call in the morning. So I did and he had some on the shelf. He could not hold it so I took off work and went in. It was Remington 115G FMJ for $13.97 a box of 50. I bought half of what they had. Thats high but not extremely so considering they were the only ones that had ANY. I later went back and happened onto some Brown Bear 9mm for $14.95, so I bought 6 boxes but wondered why is it higher than Remington? Higher than WM, yes, but when I goto my favorite local gun shop I will pay $12-15 a box for 9mm. So I do not think they are cheaper than anyone else but I will give them kudos for the quality of their distributer because they HAVE it at times.

I am not upset with them, when this blows over, I will probably go to other places, but for now I am thankful that GM helped me stock up some. They made money and I had what I needed.:)

Price Gouging? Try a gun show, same boxes of ammo for $25-35 dollars for 50 9mm 115G FMJ. Thats ********, heck even one guy had 50 RELOADS for $15...:eek:

I say thumbs up to GM IMHO, they had what I needed and I bought it. Maybe a bit high but I WAS willing to pay it.:yesway:

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Wow, interesting thread......

Let me give you MY experience with GM. (Fort Wayne)

I had just bought a XD from H&H and they had NO ammo for it. I had bought (2) WWB from Wal-mart (left 6 boxes there). Then I started doing research and realized that while I was waiting to get my permit, I would have an even harder time getting ammo. I had just used 300 plus rounds breaking in my HP995 Carbine (Nice gun btw:ar15:). Anyhow, I stopped in GM many times and they have always been nice, just never had 9mm in stock. I asked the guy when you getting some and he replied that he would be getting a truck in the next night and for me to call in the morning. So I did and he had some on the shelf. He could not hold it so I took off work and went in. It was Remington 115G FMJ for $13.97 a box of 50. I bought half of what they had. Thats high but not extremely so considering they were the only ones that had ANY. I later went back and happened onto some Brown Bear 9mm for $14.95, so I bought 6 boxes but wondered why is it higher than Remington? Higher than WM, yes, but when I goto my favorite local gun shop I will pay $12-15 a box for 9mm. So I do not think they are cheaper than anyone else but I will give them kudos for the quality of their distributer because they HAVE it at times.

I am not upset with them, when this blows over, I will probably go to other places, but for now I am thankful that GM helped me stock up some. They made money and I had what I needed.:)

Price Gouging? Try a gun show, same boxes of ammo for $25-35 dollars for 50 9mm 115G FMJ. Thats ********, heck even one guy had 50 RELOADS for $15...:eek:

I say thumbs up to GM IMHO, they had what I needed and I bought it. Maybe a bit high but I WAS willing to pay it.:yesway:

edsinger, I'm glad that you found some decent priced ammo, but the same 9mm ammo in Terre Haute GM was closer to $30 per box of 50 and a box of Blazer Brass 40 cal was also $30. The same box on 40 cal is 12.97 at Walmart if you can find it. If the price in Fort Wayne GM is $13.97 why is it so much higher in Terre Haute? How long ago did you buy this ammo?

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    I apologize for comming off like a dick, you need to understand where other people are comming from as well. After hearing it day in and day out and then comming on here and hearing it as well it just starts to eat away at you. I shouldnt have gone off the handle but in my opinion I was just trying to explain that when prices go up, we raise ours. Yea it might be a bit more than we would all like but thats out of our control. I remember when I started there we had AR's for $899.99 on average. Some even lower. Now the lowest they are is $1099.99. Same thing w the SOCOM's. But I also went w a buddy to look around and saw everyother place selling AR's for $1399-$1599 standard, no rails or removable carry handle, nothing special. Just stock. But I havent seen anyone bash those shops. I understand once again the prices are high. But after my first defense of "my job" it seemed like eveyone just decided to jump in and bash. I wasnt trying to drive people away, I was just saying that if you dont like the prices there are other places. I said it in different words but thats all I ment. As for the loss of a few people hurting GM as a company it wouldnt but yea I wouldnt want that, I also enjoy seeing people from INGO in GM. But all im asking is for people to see it from other angles as well. Trust me I wish it were lower. I wish I could find a M-1A for under $1899.99 like last year but thats not going to happen. Every gun store I have been to is making a killing. When we get out of this "low economy" prices will drop and things will go back to normal.

Again my apologies.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I apologize for comming off like a dick, you need to understand where other people are comming from as well. After hearing it day in and day out and then comming on here and hearing it as well it just starts to eat away at you. I shouldnt have gone off the handle but in my opinion I was just trying to explain that when prices go up, we raise ours. Yea it might be a bit more than we would all like but thats out of our control. I remember when I started there we had AR's for $899.99 on average. Some even lower. Now the lowest they are is $1099.99. Same thing w the SOCOM's. But I also went w a buddy to look around and saw everyother place selling AR's for $1399-$1599 standard, no rails or removable carry handle, nothing special. Just stock. But I havent seen anyone bash those shops. I understand once again the prices are high. But after my first defense of "my job" it seemed like eveyone just decided to jump in and bash. I wasnt trying to drive people away, I was just saying that if you dont like the prices there are other places. I said it in different words but thats all I ment. As for the loss of a few people hurting GM as a company it wouldnt but yea I wouldnt want that, I also enjoy seeing people from INGO in GM. But all im asking is for people to see it from other angles as well. Trust me I wish it were lower. I wish I could find a M-1A for under $1899.99 like last year but thats not going to happen. Every gun store I have been to is making a killing. When we get out of this "low economy" prices will drop and things will go back to normal.

Again my apologies.

I can appreciate this comment and move forward. Empires, this isn't a bash on you by no means. It's that the powers that be have set prices at ridiculous levels, in most of our opinions.

Believe me, I understand your not wanting to get "bitched at" from all angles. When I was a store manager, I would come home after working 10-12 hours and get on a website DEVOTED to hating my company. I got on every night trying to defend my company, though I stood no chance as I wasn't in control of many of the things people were bitching about.

What I WAS able to do is offer feedback to district, regional and even corporate staff and I did that every chance I got. The people at the top are clueless - in EVERY large retail company. Since we, as customers, can't count on our "bitchiness" being sent up the food chain from store level, we choose to write these emails and surveys that go DIRECTLY to the top. It's the ONE way we KNOW they'll hear their customers.

Having said that, I will say this; people who have bad experiences with any retail company shouldn't lump everyone in saying that the whole company sucks. They might have just gotten service from a computer programmer who lost his career and recently got hired selling fishing tackle. That's the unfair part about retail.

The best advice I can give anyone in retail is this: no matter what, good or bad, YOU are the company. You are the face of that company right then and there and you WILL get bitched at about everything under the sun related to your company. Take it in stride and realize people aren't pissed at you personally; just at the embroidered shirt you happen to be wearing.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    gm

i do believe gander is big time price gouging,they are the only store that has jacked prices up that high.if they are not then why dont the smaller stores charge 60.00 for 1 box of plinking.lets boycott gander that is one reason i have not been in there in months:twocents:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I guess the question I would ask is "Why are different GM's charging different prices?"

Like I said, I have probably bought 750 rounds of 9mm, and NOT once have I paid $20 per 50. This is the Fort Wayne store I can not speak for others...

Top Bottom