• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Citadel made a statement saying they did not instruct any brokerages to stop buys on any stocks.

I don’t buy it. They think they are untouchable and as much as I hate to say it they might have been under trump. But with dems in charge and AOC and warren weighing in this might not be a good time for price fixing schemes

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    144282661_10157982506680197_6873320915920544857_o.jpg

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Robinhood logo
    An update on market conditions​
    Hi xxxxxxx,​
    It’s been a tough day, and we’re grateful to you for being a Robinhood customer. In light of the extraordinary market conditions this week, we temporarily limited buying for certain securities this morning. Starting tomorrow, we plan to allow limited buys of these securities. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and may make adjustments as needed.
    This was a temporary decision made to best continue serving you, and was not an easy one to make. We know it’s led to frustration and confusion, and wanted to provide some clarity.​
    As a brokerage firm, we have many financial requirements, including SEC net capital obligations and clearinghouse deposits. Some of these requirements fluctuate based on volatility in the markets and can be substantial in the current environment. These requirements exist to protect investors and the markets and we take our responsibilities to comply with them seriously, including through the measures we have taken today.​
    To be clear, this decision was not made on the direction of any market maker we route to or other market participants.​
    The past year in particular has shown us that the financial markets are for everyone—not just institutional investors and hedge funds. We’ve seen a new generation enter the market, and they’re sparking conversations about what it means to be an investor. We stand in support of you, our customers. Democratizing finance for all means giving more people access, not less.​
    We’ll keep monitoring market conditions and will update this Help Center article with the latest changes. We also published a blog post regarding today’s events.​
    Thank you again for being a Robinhood customer. We’re so grateful for your support.​
    Sincerely,
    The Robinhood Team​
    All investments involve risk and loss of principal is possible.​
    You are receiving this email in response to your request for information or Robinhood servicing your account. You cannot unsubscribe from these emails.​
    Robinhood Financial LLC is a registered broker dealer (member SIPC). Robinhood Securities, LLC provides brokerage clearing services. Both are subsidiaries of Robinhood Markets, Inc. (‘Robinhood’).​
    Read our privacy policy.​
    © 2021 Robinhood Markets, Inc. Robinhood® 20210128-1501643-4522334​
    We are required to send you this non-promotional communication without the option to unsubscribe.​
    JIp37nedN7l20l7ef9N8IxjlDpjzdDe9XpsCHwQ7Mr1nTt2p21R6p4b9ksPmXpf01sTM5zZXLUYYWpMpVNhzDhvpoVMq2JIWqTXAiBn4GzncPqCO2iQbR1PIJZo0nJRM-w6BoWKjp4WNfHT61aqZVz2XGs1vmYdURbLO-1n6LNCi07ra_6lubXh0bVuWiQEgkFxRHZ3x_Q6GI7hvR1jEXyHc54Rwpv0n-7_-j07873eQNZg0F-f_KnoMFOCrBwmtIho5nTRsRn6jtxMVJM94qp-XDt-7Uufaoh5SfEaD8QEGV1OWdzjWM2ink9J7tBlmx972irzwEgzj9xVeNJ1soXQgwqZoWYgUsLmN9krsTJIQsgIeO4sWIQfrxbGTqHWDLeImAd_QeDkHoGVoBaJ6j7jO4Og5sHk3HJ1knlGjbGgOxcWH5aiHb4eWvN_bJaS15ZIL6jOdivsa43yZEAaOb2j3XzWSUztfk30_clqy9KQjDef2NuiBGwP8xAMiJ9MRUtgwAM4Hj5lL1nJ-SQUNCUn-XEXuos31Jnw=s0-d-e1-ft

Lawsuits musta struck a chord.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    And they get shut down for "hate speech", on the internet.... Where speech is...... Well now regulated! Lol, yeah right. They shut them down and did in a way that fits with a political narrative. Guess what, they don't like what you say? You are gone. They'll get people to sign up and say mean things then use that to cancel them. Its too easy. How can you beat them? Only one way.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Currently trading in after hours trading at $294

Current valuation of GameStop is 24.3 Billion Dollars

They have 4,400 locations in the USA.

That means each location theoretically is worth $5.5 Million Dollars each.

I don't know about your GameStop, but the one we have on the west side of Bloomington MIGHT be worth $30K on a good day....

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

I don't know about your GameStop, but the one we have on the west side of Bloomington MIGHT be worth $30K on a good day....
    It shouldnt be a real shocker to anyone that gamestop is worth billions. We've all went in and got .60 cents in store credit for a used game they sold for $45. /s

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    It shouldnt be a real shocker to anyone that gamestop is worth billions. We've all went in and got .60 cents in store credit for a used game they sold for $45. /s
    So true. I think that was both of my sons first lesson in economics (at the time, one age 8, one age 17). They swore up and down they could take their old games and trade them in and get new games. I told them they would get screwed at the drive thru, but they insisted. So I let them gather their games together that they wanted to get rid of, and drove them to GameStop. They had something like 9 games they wanted to trade in, and they guy offered them about $12. My kids took their games back home and learned a valuable lesson....

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

The catalyst for this was the founder of chewy jumping onboard. He has the knowledge and ability to transform their business. Same way blackberry has.

blackberry doesn’t make phones anymore but they are becoming a big name in software.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    So true. I think that was both of my sons first lesson in economics (at the time, one age 8, one age 17). They swore up and down they could take their old games and trade them in and get new games. I told them they would get screwed at the drive thru, but they insisted. So I let them gather their games together that they wanted to get rid of, and drove them to GameStop. They had something like 9 games they wanted to trade in, and they guy offered them about $12. My kids took their games back home and learned a valuable lesson....
    Oh boy did I get taken as a child. Not just gamestop. Beanie babies, pokemon cards, by middle school i was set for retirement in my eyes.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    The catalyst for this was the founder of chewy jumping onboard. He has the knowledge and ability to transform their business. Same way blackberry has.

blackberry doesn’t make phones anymore but they are becoming a big name in software.
    ie blackberry UEM, which is the software the us govt uses to enable their .gov or .mil email to be read on IPHONES.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member