• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I only OC when I am either fishing or hunting, and today while out fishing in Spencer County I ran into a Game Warden. I'd seen his truck parked by the boat ramp, but he didn't stop my fishing and waited for me to come in. As I was getting everything ready on the boat he came over to meet me and asked if I did any good (I didn't- only 2 bass). He saw my 686 on my hip and just politely asked "do you have a license for that and for fishing?" I said, "yes, would you like to see them" and reached for my wallet. He just shrugged and said, "Nah, that's OK." We had a few minutes of ****-chat about the weather and parted ways.

+1 for Game Warden:yesway:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Glad you specified. There are so many words that would fit there that make it sound worse. :D

Glad to hear it was an uneventful check.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Not all, but many COs are or were hunters and outdoorsmen. Probably been around firearms their entire lives and are not uncomfortable seeing other armed people.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Conservation Officers probably deal with more armed folks than any other law enforcement entity in the state.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Its good to hear that conservation officers arent all bed. The last time I had any contact with one, he was driving through my families field to check my license for deer hunting, and wanted me to unload and lay down my rifle. It took him a second to figure out it was a muzzleloader, and would have to be fired to completely unload it, then decided he was OK with laying it down and stepping away from it. He then proceeded to pat me down and have me remove my hunting knife as well before he would let me get my wallet to show him my license.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Its good to hear that conservation officers arent all bed. The last time I had any contact with one, he was driving through my families field to check my license for deer hunting, and wanted me to unload and lay down my rifle. It took him a second to figure out it was a muzzleloader, and would have to be fired to completely unload it, then decided he was OK with laying it down and stepping away from it. He then proceeded to pat me down and have me remove my hunting knife as well before he would let me get my wallet to show him my license.

Wow. You must look like a desperado or something.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I know who the CO is that 45fan is talking about. He is a prince of a fellow....

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I know a CO who was launching his boat and he fell into the water. Now this guy is a stickler for rules and said he'd give his own grandmother a ticket. I was supprised when he handed me his gun belt. I'm standing there, with my boss and we're both trying not to laugh when he said "go ahead you bastards, luagh" and we both burst out laighing. At about the time we started laughing the CO's sgt rolls up. Here I am, standing there laughing at a soaking wet CO, holdng his gun belt while his sgt is wondering what the hell is going on. I remember the sgt telling the CO that if "you didnt know these guys you'd be looking for a new job".

I dont know what this story has to do with the OP....

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I know a CO who was launching his boat and he fell into the water. Now this guy is a stickler for rules and said he'd give his own grandmother a ticket. I was supprised when he handed me his gun belt. I'm standing there, with my boss and we're both trying not to laugh when he said "go ahead you bastards, luagh" and we both burst out laighing. At about the time we started laughing the CO's sgt rolls up. Here I am, standing there laughing at a soaking wet CO, holdng his gun belt while his sgt is wondering what the hell is going on. I remember the sgt telling the CO that if "you didnt know these guys you'd be looking for a new job".

I dont know what this story has to do with the OP....

I don't know either- but I'm glad you shared it!:)::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom