• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    So I've been seeing seeing alot of the USA made glocks surface lately, first when TYM sold his Austrian collection to purchase USA glocks, and more recently I've come across more and more on GB...First of all, I know they've been assembled and imported to GA for quite some time now and I'm not too concerned with this issue, but do you think:

A.) Quality control will diminish (Kinda like SIG did for awhile)
    B.) Austrian Glocks will become more valuable
    C.) New Designs

I like the prospect of a "new glock" but I think it would **** a lot of people off. Here's my rationale, If Glock is now being manufactured here whose to say the possibility of a poly 1911 might be a reality? I know there are some out there, but lets be honest, if anyone could legitimately pull it off I think it would be Glock....Do you guys think Glock will change it's unified design or "Austrian ways" with the new USA stamp, or will Glock always remain Glock?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    All I know is that I've never been a Glock guy, but now that I can get one made here I'm finding myself more and more tempted to get one.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I just picked up an American made G-26 today. Can't wait to try it out.
    AEB3215D-1750-428E-9A28-078788A7A185-316-000000D3FABAA6C8_zps14e259f2.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I honestly never looked at my glocks to see where they're made. I just always figured overseas. If you want to get a reliable handgun that's closer to 100% made in the USA then you should be looking at the M&P series from Smith and Wesson. Any time changes are made to a production line, bugs will need to be worked out. The only people who don't agree with that are the ones trying to sell you something. I wouldn't mind seeing a glock Gen 3 with the removable backstaps like the Gen 4 though, just none of the other changes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    But...but...but...

American-made Glocks won't be Tennifer treated!

And millions and millions of fan-boys will not even entertain the thought of a USA-made Glock because "Tennifer is God's gift to firearms"...

*sigh*

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think it will be interesting to see if they start selling the Glock .380 here in "Merica".

They will, they make them overseas. Now with no import issues they will put them on the market here. There will be demand, how much; don't know. But they will sell them.

And they are going after Berreta for the government contracts as well.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    So when is the price going to be lowered? Whoever is the first to do that will dominate forever. The M&P has given glock a run for its money

Do you have any evidence that Glock sales are down? I sure as hell don't. In fact I'd bet that they are selling a lot of guns, more then ever. And they make a lot more on there guns then what everybody else does. Not to mention all the money from patent lawsuits.

If you don't like Glocks that your right. But facts are friendly. Glocks are great guns, they sell a crap ton of them, you can bet your life on them, they did change the game forever when they came to market, and every gun maker today wishes they had Glock's marketshare.

Im not some Glock fanboy that thinks Glocks are the only guns ever made, or that there are not other great poly guns out there. Glocks are what they are. What they are; one of the most reliable popular guns in the world.

Last edited:

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Why the he** would I want a .380 Glock??

Why not? Cant you just as easily say why would I want a .380 anything? I have no doubt that a Glock 25 is a great gun, I've never fired one. But I assume it's the same as a Glock 19. You know the gun that is one of the best guns in the world/ever made.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Why not? Cant you just as easily say why would I want a .380 anything? I have no doubt that a Glock 25 is a great gun, I've never fired one. But I assume it's the same as a Glock 19. You know the gun that is one of the best guns in the world/ever made.
    Almost did say that actually lol. Thanks
    I pretty much meant I don't think I would ruin
    a good gun with. 380. But that's just me

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    But...but...but...

American-made Glocks won't be Tennifer treated!

And millions and millions of fan-boys will not even entertain the thought of a USA-made Glock because "Tennifer is God's gift to firearms"...

*sigh*

I'm not a fanboy in the traditional sense that Glocks are perfect and without any flaw and that everything else sucks, but I'll also say that the tennifer coating is darn nice. I've skipped my glocks acroos the dirt before, dropped them and given them some hard livin and they always seem to wipe off and look brand new again. The tennifer coating is good stuff and I wish more guns in the US could be coated with it.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Almost did say that actually lol. Thanks
    I pretty much meant I don't think I would ruin
    a good gun with. 380. But that's just me

Fair enough sir. I think my big problem with a .380 Glock 25 would be $525+ for a poly .380. I don't know what a Glock 25 would sell for made in the USA, But I would guess that if I walked into a Gander I would see a Glock 25 for $629, if they start to sell them. I know thats Gander, but even at a LGS it would be $525-$600. They are not going to sell them that much less then a 19, otherwise they would be taking revenue from the 19 if there was a large price difference.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why will the American made guns not be Tennifered? Is that brand name not available as a process here? If not, why not just use a similar process that achieves the same results, e.g. Melonite? The key is nitrocarburizing the steel to diffuse nitrogen and more carbon into the metal near the surface to harden it. The name you use to get it done, not so much.

Top Bottom