• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Remember, that when the SHTF, you WILL lose all those fine motor skills (I.E.: pushing down on a little piece of steel that holds your pistol's slide open).

Really? How ya gonna manage to press that little trigger thingy with your index finger, then? Or push in that little button that releases your magazine in order to accomplish a reload? :dunno:

I DO use the overhand slide rack method as my primary technique for releasing the slide, but not because of the "fine motor skills" argument (which I think is often misinterpreted).

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Really? How ya gonna manage to press that little trigger thingy with your index finger, then? Or push in that little button that releases your magazine in order to accomplish a reload? :dunno:

I DO use the overhand slide rack method as my primary technique for releasing the slide, but not because of the "fine motor skills" argument (which I think is often misinterpreted).

You use your tongue for these tasks...:rolleyes:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... If you can shoot one with the extended slide release before you buy one I would advise you to do so. I shoot thumbs forward and found I engaged it halfway through a magazine more often than not.

before anyone gets an extended slide release, make sure your thumbs don't rest near it.

While shooting, you can lock the slide back at the worst time. Happened to me a couple of times in matches and I learned my lesson. Those with longer digits may not have this problem.

I've take them off all of my Glocks, including the G35 that came with it.

I had the same issue and also removed all my extended slide release additions from both of my GLOCKs. My discovery came during a match when I was trying a new firing grip. The high hand grip with thumbs forward (mentioned above) was fantastic for recoil control. However, the GLOCK rapidly became a single shot pistol with a lot of tap-rack-bang in between shots. I was a pro by the end of the match.

...Sights are really the only improvement they NEED, of course wants are something different.;) ...

Whether you get night sights, fiber optic, XS or plain black sights doesn't matter. Just be sure to get some sort of iron sight set on top and dump the OEM plastic.

This pretty much sums up what you need to know. The rest will be up to taste.

farva118

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Lake County

The op asked for our opinions regarding the modifications to his G19. Don't want to discuss tactics and fill up his post, I just gave my opinion and the reason why I feel that way.

Top Bottom