• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is to inform anyone who has not yet received the emails being forwarded around right now. FWAPS (Fort Wayne Area Practical Shooters) WILL NOT BE HOLDING ANY USPSA MATCHES FOR THE TIME BEING. :(

Please pass the word. Still working on obtaining details, but its a general lack of participation and acceptable organized structure. Basically, not enough people with the desire to keep things going. Hopefully things can be re-built for next season and I would encourage anyone in the Fort Wayne area who doesn't have a "home club" to shoot a match at already think about trying to help us out next year. The more people we can get the better things will be.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Wow. Sorry to hear that. No chance of getting it back on track before next season?

concealed glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Kosciusko County, Warsaw
    Really sucks, 3 of us from Warsaw had planned on going to the shoot this Sunday. Just bought a Glock 17L and was planning on shooting it for the 1st time at FWAPS. Warsaw Rifle Pistol Club had a great turn out last Sunday for a USPSA shoot, they had over 40 people. They had 5 very challenging stages. The club did a great job!!!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Really sucks, 3 of us from Warsaw had planned on going to the shoot this Sunday. Just bought a Glock 17L and was planning on shooting it for the 1st time at FWAPS. Warsaw Rifle Pistol Club had a great turn out last Sunday for a USPSA shoot, they had over 40 people. They had 5 very challenging stages. The club did a great job!!!

Come on down to WVPPS this Sunday. If you are carpooling just make a day of it and we will have six stages.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.

Give me a call or text. I am planing on going to WVPPS. Have to leave Warsaw at 6:00. 4 hours one way but they put on a great match.

See if johns going and split gas. Brent

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    That really is too bad. What the heck happened?

Funny that nobody has notified us at club meetings that there is a problem. Lonnie certainly has never said anything.

OP, I still don't know who you are. Do you attend club meetings at the Trion? Were you at the last one?

MY TX is at www.fwrr.us in the "contacts" section. I will be competing in the 300 yard prone match tomorrow also, come out and we can talk..

Feel free to call me if there is something I can do.

Dean Drews

Last edited:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Wow; as the President of Marion County Fish and Game, this serves as a wake-up call for all the shooting events that I participate in. I hope this encourages volunteers to make time to help with the matches that they participate in. Sometimes it's hard for folks to understand that their entry fees don't "pay" for everything (they just cover targets, pasters, steel, etc.), the real match lives and dies based on the hard work from volunteers.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Wow; as the President of Marion County Fish and Game, this serves as a wake-up call for all the shooting events that I participate in. I hope this encourages volunteers to make time to help with the matches that they participate in. Sometimes it's hard for folks to understand that their entry fees don't "pay" for everything (they just cover targets, pasters, steel, etc.), the real match lives and dies based on the hard work from volunteers.

Great point Chizzle. Thank the set up and tear down crew at every match you shoot. Without hard working people it just won't happen. The more people that help the lighter the load for everyone and that helps prevent burn out.

For all those that shoot and scoot everytime at every match you are not doing anyone any favors.

Top Bottom