• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    In other news, Jon Stewart had Rachael Maddow as a guest on her NEW exclusive report! The Tim McVeigh audio tapes!! NEVER BEFORE HEARD BY THE PUBLIC!! Why is that important now? Because during the exchange she described the current Tea Party movement as "anti-government"...just like....McVeigh. Ugh. So, they can't stop real grass-roots protest on how the country is going so they haul a sociapath despot out of the closet and link current protests with this domestic terrorist.

I laughed at the sketch linked in the OP. But after watching the clear manipulation of reality in the RM bit I am probably done watching the Daily Show.

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    I used to watch the Daily show but it has become less and less funny and more biased. He used to mock all parties and kinds equally, now he seems to pick on republicans only(and mock all their ideas as crazy and stupid), while praising the dems. Just get's old i guess. And i don't claim to be an R, i just prefer equal opportunity mocking.

The Daily Show used to be more general with it's party bashing before the Colbert Report was conceived. Now they use the two shows to mock the extreme "wing" rivalry of CNN and Fox News. Watch both and all the bases are covered.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    some of us hate vegans. their dining habits go directly against evolutionary progress. if it weren't for B12 supplements, they'd all die. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

While I recognize that your colored ink and smileys indicate sarcasm and humor in this post, I just want to note that there's at least one, maybe two vegans I'm aware of in our own community here on INGO. That's not any kind of official anything, I'm just tossing the info out there.

As for the video, I took the comparison to gays as a little dig at us, sure, but I also note that the gay movement (and yes, I'm intentionally ignoring any and all puns on that phrasing) has been quite successful in gaining acceptance. I think he's just trying to needle us just a little, since demographically, most gun owners are stereotypically White male conservatives who might take exception to the comparison. What's that saying? "I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."

Anecdote: There is a restaurant on the River Walk in San Antonio called "Dick's Last Resort". Their trademark is their off-color, sarcastic humor at the diners' (and others') expense. Perhaps they make fun of what you're wearing, maybe of the way you hold your glass, possibly the fact that you just asked for steak sauce. I do know they have a quarter epoxied to the pavement of the sidewalk and dig at passers-by who reach down to pick it up with such gems as "cheap SOB", etc... It's all meant in good fun. I heard a couple of days ago that Ed Debevic's in Chicago does similar. You know this when you go there or you don't go, but you also see them doing the same thing to others. As others have said, they made us look gay (showing the two founders of OCDO as a male/male couple), but they made Helmke look like more of an empty-headed nimrod than he already does on his own. On balance, I can accept that. I'm secure in my masculinity and my heterosexuality.

Let them have their fun. I think, given what their mindset seems to be, the skit was probably intended to be pretty complimentary, all things considered.

Blessings,
    Bill

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I loved it. They seemed more like they were spoofing the issue being blown out of proportion by the anti-gun crazies. They repeatedly refered to the Brady Group and Helmke as hate groups. I think having a major show bringing our "lifestyle" to the general public is a good thing. Having them act like it is no big deal and that those groups are blindly discriminating against us is great.

:laugh:

Top Bottom