• ...and so much more!
  • rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    "It all evens out in the end, for Karma anyhow"

This is the key in my opinion as well. I live my life with this creed and I believe, had I done that, I would worry that scope would fail on me when I really needed it like when a tropy Elk of a lifetime was lurking on the mountaiin side.

And to say you keep change when people give you too much because you know people who made lots of money short changing people at the drive thru is horse crap. The honest employess, and Im sure they outwiegh your friends 50 to 1, are accountable for thier shortage at the end of thier shift. At many places, if you're short more than a dollar on three occasions, YOUR FIRED

However, I will say I hate rude people so I'll side with you on that. If you cant be nice to your customers, you're in the wrong business.

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    :+1:
    people who demand an item for the mismarked price are dishonest at best. i know people who come to my place of employment with the sole intention of getting items for free. i am so tired of Big Box Stores handing out gift cards and freebies to people over any little complaint...like lab rats, these people learn to just complain for the heck of it because they know they will get free stuff. mistakes happen. tags get misplaced. that hardly entitles you to anything. remember when BestBuy posted a TV ad for $99 instead of $999? do you really think people should have gotten them for $99? maybe fire the ad editor.

now, i agree that the guy was a complete jerk and in this case you deserved the scope at that price since a manager laughed in your face.

What he said. :+1:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    "It all evens out in the end, for Karma anyhow"

This is the key in my opinion as well. I live my life with this creed and I believe, had I done that, I would worry that scope would fail on me when I really needed it like when a tropy Elk of a lifetime was lurking on the mountaiin side.

And to say you keep change when people give you too much because you know people who made lots of money short changing people at the drive thru is horse crap. The honest employess, and Im sure they outwiegh your friends 50 to 1, are accountable for thier shortage at the end of thier shift. At many places, if you're short more than a dollar on three occasions, YOUR FIRED

However, I will say I hate rude people so I'll side with you on that. If you cant be nice to your customers, you're in the wrong business.
    yeah but if they short the customer and not drawer, there is no way of knowing.

how often do you count your change out that you just got from the clerk?

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    GM had a "Gun Show" sale couple of weeks ago and said they were buying,selling and trading with no haggle type dealing. I took a couple of" mint" shape semi autos to see what their trade in value would be worth and what used handguns we could deal. I haven't dealt a handgun trade or sell for 3 yrs, just to wait and see if the Obama scare was over. Their appraiser offered less than 1/2 of the value towards an over priced trade in semi auto. I politely declined and didn't want to ask about any new ones.
    Their salesman did show me in one of the trading books the posted value, and was truly trying to help, but they lost a trade/cash and sale due to no haggle sales. I don't buy much there, probably less now. I have purchased handguns there before, but usually used and in very good shape. Never a problem or a repair needed.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    And to say you keep change when people give you too much because you know people who made lots of money short changing people at the drive thru is horse crap.

The times I get home and are short changed happen more often than me getting home and noticing that I have an extra buck or an extra french fry. I don't usually count my change in the drive thru (yes thats my fault), but at the same time how many times do you get home and have half your order missing or messed up? I'm not driving back over to get bacon added to my sandwich and the tomato taken off, so I'm not driving back over to give them a dollar back from too much change. What is your time worth over all? 10minute trip in gas and time vs. $1 or a biggie fry :dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The times I get home and are short changed happen more often than me getting home and noticing that I have an extra buck or an extra french fry. I don't usually count my change in the drive thru (yes thats my fault), but at the same time how many times do you get home and have half your order missing or messed up? I'm not driving back over to get bacon added to my sandwich and the tomato taken off, so I'm not driving back over to give them a dollar back from too much change. What is your time worth over all? 10minute trip in gas and time vs. $1 or a biggie fry :dunno:

If you call them and tell them what they mess up on, they'll make it right the next time you go.

This never happens to me, because I always check my order before I leave the window, but I've seen it happen plenty of times.

At the same time, I don't modify my fast food orders...It's much simpler that way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    people who demand an item for the mismarked price are dishonest at best...
    To me, your statement depends on what "type" of mismark it is. I have a Rural King near me that, IMO, is terrible about having prices mismarked on ammo shelves. The price below a box of ammo will read "$9.99", only for me to find out that the price is actually "$11.99". This isn't one caliber of ammo, it isn't one shelf of ammo - I did a price check on their whole section of handgun ammo by calling over the manager of that section with his price scanner and didn't find a single price that was correct. He said, "Yeah, I know. No one wants to take the time to redo the tags." I did push him for the lower price on the shelf because none of them were correct. He gave it to me.

Another situation, and this refers to Gander Mountain as I was recently there, is that "someone", to fill in empty holes on their displays, hangs nearby similar objects on the hooks so that it doesn't appear empty or having limited quantities. I have gotten very good at checking the UPC to the price label to make sure the price I am looking at is for the same item as is in my hand.

yeah but if they short the customer and not drawer, there is no way of knowing.

how often do you count your change out that you just got from the clerk?
    I count my change every time. Drives wifey nuts. I also check our food orders every time before leaving the store because wifey and son looooooove to special order their food. Drives ME nuts! "Burger" joints mess up a high percentage of our special orders so it has become a habit to check our food.

Top Bottom