• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    Glock is the brand. I carry a g19. I am looking to get a pistol to target shoot with. Just wondering what everyone's opinion was as far as witch is better full size or compact

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I personally prefer a 17 size pistol and have a 17C.. I've had a 34 in the past and it just didn't do it for me although a 34 is what most people use in competition when shooting a 9MM Glock.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Compact is really for removing the print of a larger carry gun IMO.
    Their recoil is much greater and with less grip surface which makes them less comfortable to target shoot when shooting hundreds of rounds......although I love target shooting my S&w bodyguard 380
    It fits in the palm of your hand....very small,and surprisingly accurate.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glock is the brand. I carry a g19. I am looking to get a pistol to target shoot with. Just wondering what everyone's opinion was as far as witch is better full size or compact

competed with a G34 over the last few years, while carrying a G19.

Thinking a Gen4 G17 will become my gun for both.

A G17 will do just as well in 3-gun as a 34 would.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    It's hard not to say my G19 can be my everything gun because it can and is usually, but I love the G17 size. I picked up a new one yesturday and it fits my hand like a glove! I like both so I guess I'm not a good answer giver, I would say hold and hopefully shoot a G17 and see if you like it better. :yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It's hard not to say my G19 can be my everything gun because it can and is usually, but I love the G17 size. I picked up a new one yesturday and it fits my hand like a glove! I like both so I guess I'm not a good answer giver, I would say hold and hopefully shoot a G17 and see if you like it better. :yesway:

I've run in to the same thing. The G19 was my favorite forever, but I've been competing with the larger G34 for the last few years and I've become accustomed to the larger grip.

Think the 17 will become my everything gun and I'll pick up a pocket pistol for summer carry.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I started with a 22 (same size as the 17) and carry a chopped version of that. For just target shooting I prefer my G35 (same as the G34). I like the longer slide for target shooting, but all the sizes are great. I am more of a full size for everything type of guy.

Top Bottom