Full size 1911.....Kimber or Colt....why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    8.jpg

Oh, I see you've been to Deal's Gap! I don't see your moped in the pic, are you the guy getting run over?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sooo, I'm not surprised that a thread about 1911s devolved into brand bashing, but how the hell did motorcycles get involved in it?

I've been away from INGO for a few days and I guess I missed something. Not that my earlier posts helped much but still curious.

At any rate the new Indians are pretty sweet looking bikes. I really hope that brand holds on this time around.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Sooo, I'm not surprised that a thread about 1911s devolved into brand bashing, but how the hell did motorcycles get involved in it?

I've been away from INGO for a few days and I guess I missed something. Not that my earlier posts helped much but still curious.

At any rate the new Indians are pretty sweet looking bikes. I really hope that brand holds on this time around.

No kidding! Seems someone wants to stir the :poop: today! I think I'm done with it, I don't really enjoy scrolling thru huge pics of crashing, no matter what brand. I'm sure I could find some to post and make fun of if I knew what he rides, but I'm not gonna waste my time and clutter up the thread anymore. Not sure what I did to make myself his target! Sorry OP!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Stock side by side on the 1/4 mile it becomes a very accurate statement. Take $10k and drop it into the HD then take $1K and drop it into the ZX-14R and the results will be the same. With only minor head work and a simple remap of the EFI the ZX-14R is capable of 250+hp at the wheel and will still be completely street worthy on pump gas. CM's bike from a few pages back only claimed 165hp on a good day in full tune and wasn't streetable in that configuration. I have mad respect for CM and he is a hell of a mechanic and a top notch dude, but I'd hate to know how much cash it took to do that.

Then there is this god awful monster the Ninja H2R: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCsQjBAwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kawasaki.com%2FProducts%2F2015-Ninja-H2R&ei=hv0_VIn8CNixyASSmIIY&usg=AFQjCNGHA4S68PAdYlO3QzzwKJChPZ7F8Q&bvm=bv.77648437,d.aWw

Actually i did ride it a lot in full tune but it was a handful. Totally pi$$ed off and Throttle wheelies at will. Remember.....bike weighed 750 plus and you know I am not a smallish guy. 1K pounds jumping up on the rear wheel with throttle snap is not what HD's are supposed to do. HD's are not sport bikes. They are purpose built cruisers.

Thanks for the kind words. I feel the same your way. Much knowledge in your words.

As to how much.....3 engines as it took some experimentation to get it right. No info out there on doing something like that. I blazed a new path. Many twisted and broken parts along that path.
    I was basically challenged to do this. A few told me a heavy springer with my large frame on it would not roll into the 10's. This one did. On the motor.
    The final figure is enough to embarrass me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No kidding! Seems someone wants to stir the :poop: today! I think I'm done with it, I don't really enjoy scrolling thru huge pics of crashing, no matter what brand. I'm sure I could find some to post and make fun of if I knew what he rides, but I'm not gonna waste my time and clutter up the thread anymore. Not sure what I did to make myself his target! Sorry OP!

Just a frustrated cellar dweller with nothing better to do.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sad. Threads like this are one of the reasons I've cooled on INGO lately. On the plus side, I've gotten a lot more done in the garage lately. I'm on the brink of getting a barn find Fiat running again after more than 15 years of storage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sad. Threads like this are one of the reasons I've cooled on INGO lately. On the plus side, I've gotten a lot more done in the garage lately. I'm on the brink of getting a barn find Fiat running again after more than 15 years of storage.

Really. That is most cool.
    You are involved in the thread jack.......:)

Now as to the troll................:dunno:

Top Bottom