• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ft Wayne Gun show Oct 16-17(edited to reflect correct dates)

Who's planning to go to the Ft Wayne gun show at the Colliseum Oct 16-17?

Last edited:

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Is it a pretty good sized show? Long way for me to drive if it's a 10-minute walk through kinda place.

HR

It's the 1st one I am going to in IN, but the place where they are holding it is huge, so I am taking a guess that it's gonna be a big one. Someone who has been to this, please chime in..

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    It's the only gun show that I've been to so I don't know how it compares to other shows, but it's fairly good size. I'm going.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Went once, a few years ago, and I am glad I had free admission and lived in Fort Wayne. Haven't been back and don't intend to do so, as the "word on the street" is that it has not improved.

Perhaps, some will find specific things of interest, but I cannot recommend it, in general. Big facility with relatively few exhibitors, unless there has been a dramatic change that I don't know about.

The Indianapolis shows are vastly superior.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Is it a pretty good sized show? Long way for me to drive if it's a 10-minute walk through kinda place.

HR

Went once, a few years ago, and I am glad I had free admission and lived in Fort Wayne. Haven't been back and don't intend to do so, as the "word on the street" is that it has not improved.

Perhaps, some will find specific things of interest, but I cannot recommend it, in general. Big facility with relatively few exhibitors, unless there has been a dramatic change that I don't know about.

The Indianapolis shows are vastly superior.

Its not bad, but you'd be better off waiting for the next Indy 1500 since you live close.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I may go on Sunday. I've been to quite a few, If I didn't live near Fort Wayne I definitely wouldn't drive an hour for it. This one may be interesting though as prices seem to have came down a bit recently.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The last Ft. Wayne show IMO, was one of the better ones we had had for quite some time here. The show had at least (3) new vendors from the site here. Sorry, if I omitted any new vendors. It also had (2) vendors that either had never been here before or had not been here in years who had a good selection of reloading supplies. Hopefully this show will show a trend of the Ft. Wayne show improvingto more what it was like in the 80's.

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    There are usually nice stuff there but most of the guns that are carryed in don't make it inside the guys checking them in buy them or there buddies get the deals.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    He's right, and this is BS that needs to be stopped. It's a stupid side buisness that they have going on. They are ruining it for the guys that set up as a hobby. That like to trade. I purposley carry a nice firearm in and when they ask what I want for it I tell them a cheap price. But then I break their heart and thell them I refuse to sell to them because what they do is BS!!
    One of the check in guys told me last year that his Gunbroker rating is well over 2,000.

There are usually nice stuff there but most of the guns that are carryed in don't make it inside the guys checking them in buy them or there buddies get the deals.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    This used to be a nice show, but has suffered significant decline over the years. Once a "regular," I won't go. And I live just two miles away. It is not worth the admission price and parking fee to me.

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    I'll be there.

The Fort Wayne show has never been as interesting as the Indy 1500 IMHO and it's like the weather, always changing, always good, but sometimes it could be better.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I will probably attend.

While it is true that the Indy show is nicer, that is because it is bigger. It is also a two (2) hour drive for me, and wwwaaaayyyy more crowded.

This is a nice show because you can see what you need to in an hour or two depending upon how much window shopping you do. After that you can head out, have lunch, and the rest of the afternoon is open.

I have not paid for parking in over five (5) years. I park in the Johnny Appleseed park right along the river. It is a whopping five (5) or six (6) minute walk to the doors.

Regards,

Doug

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I will be there as well. It's a decent show, and not nearly as crowded as the Nappanee shows are. At least you can walk up and down the aisles and see everything. Paying to park does stink, though.

Top Bottom