• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I plan to attend my "FIRST" FNS event, I've looked at the website and still have a question. 1.I plan on bringing a cz 75b however, I only have 2 mags at this time, will this be a problem?
    From what i've gathered it won't be an issue IF I can hit the steel, and just wanna have a good time. Limited class?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I plan to attend my "FIRST" FNS event, I've looked at the website and still have a question. 1.I plan on bringing a cz 75b however, I only have 2 mags at this time, will this be a problem?
    From what i've gathered it won't be an issue IF I can hit the steel, and just wanna have a good time. Limited class?

there are three strings of fire per stage. usually 5 rounds per string. You need enough mags/rounds to complete the course of fire, without reloading at the firing line. If you run out of ammo you will be given the maximum time for each string you cannot complete. For most pistols that means 3 mags minimum.

You could post and see if someone can loan you a mag or two for the evening. Most people will be more than happy to help if they can.

do to the number of shooters and the time constraints we can not allow shooters to reload mags at the line.

I am referencing rule #5
    http://www.indyrange.org/media/FNS_Rules_2010-10-13.pdf

EDIT: just to make sure I don't confuse you you can change mags you just can't load them at the firing line while it is your turn to shoot.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

If you load more than 10 rounds it will place you in the Limited Class. Yes come out and have a good time, and as suggested let us know what caliber you are shooting and maybe someone has a few mags you can borrow.

boljr01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    First timers

Myself and one other will be down from Hamilton County Fish & Game. We're both first timers to FNS. Looking forward to shooting steel and visiting your club.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just may shoot two guns. Anybody planning to RO? I think I'll just shoot and eat this time around.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I am undecided, been doing a lot of shooting lately, another match on saturday morning.....

meh.

Trigger finger is developing a callous.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    What to Bring?

I have not been to a FNS... How much is it for non-members of MCFG? And what gun to bring? The MarkIII or the XD? or the 870 HD? Not sure...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have not been to a FNS... How much is it for non-members of MCFG? And what gun to bring? The MarkIII or the XD? or the 870 HD? Not sure...

You can bring whatever you would like to shoot. I've see a few people shoot a shotgun, but not many. You'll find a lot of people shooting Mark II/III and other pistol caliber handguns. The fee for non-members is $10 per gun and a $5 guest membership.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Hope everyone is having a good time! Had a lot going on in my personal and school life lately. Just really hope to get out of this funk soon..

Shoot fast and straight boys.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    My first FNS! all I keep askin myself is when can I do this again. GREAT TIME!
    Thanks Justin for the helpful hints.

Top Bottom