• Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Newbies

Equipment necessary
    1. Firearm in case or range bag(Can use holster but we don't draw from the holster. We use a low ready stance)
    2. 5 mags
    3. If you don't miss 100 rds. ammo (more just in case)
    4. Eye and ear protection
    5. Entry fee
    6. Good sense of humor

We all have a good safe time. Those of us that have been shooting this for a while tend to raz each other about their shooting. C'mon out and have a good time

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Im with him...Do we Just need a gun, 5 mags, our own ammo, holster, and some $$$? Whats the address of the competition?

Are there shotgun comps?:dunno:

Shotguns are welcome, in fact there will be an entire squad of mostly shotguns for this match. Some folks have requested an all pump shotgun contest, I will be more than happy to RO and shoot with said folks.:D

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    To all shooters.

Be aware that there is construction on Crawsfordsville road and they have it reduced to one lane. There will be back ups. Please take that into consideration when making plans.

Thanks

neeilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am planning on coming, I just picked up a P22 tonight. Does anyone have a couple of mags I can use? I can't find any, they seem to be on backorder. If anyone knows where I can pick a couple up please let me know. I want to be prepared for my first FNS! Thanks.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Shotguns are welcome, in fact there will be an entire squad of mostly shotguns for this match. Some folks have requested an all pump shotgun contest, I will be more than happy to RO and shoot with said folks.:D
    Counting myself, I know of 5 pump shotguns coming not posted in this thread yet. I will be there closer to 6 then 5 so I am telling people to find you Bigcraig, keep an eye out for BigStick, his wife and friend from Nashville. You know BS, he shot with us before and at the club as well. His wife shot a partial last year.

bring some grocery bags to pick empty hulls!!

I say 63 shooters.

Glock23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I'm thinking about coming out...
    My question is can I shoot a .22 pistol? I just bought a MarkIII and haven't even shot it yet.
    I know I could use my Glock, but a) I want to try out my new pistol, and b) It is cheaper to shoot the .22....

Can anyone even tell if you hit the plates with a .22?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My question is can I shoot a .22 pistol? I just bought a MarkIII and haven't even shot it yet.
    I know I could use my Glock, but a) I want to try out my new pistol, and b) It is cheaper to shoot the .22....

absolutely you can bring it and shoot it.... lots of guys shoot 22's... i am shooting my 10/22 this time around.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy

I always shoot my .22s

You can hear it and most of the time see it.

The only problem that you will have is with the popers (knock down) targets and you if you are shooting a .22 you don't have to knock them down you just have to hit it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Lots of people shoot multiple guns, .22's and pistols or shotguns, etc.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    I have only been to one FNS and that was last month. I was impressed with how smooth things ran. I thought the staff and the organizers did a great job of maximizing the facility. I highly recommend it.

I have to say this endorsement from Coach means alot! He helps run all of the matches at Riley as well as the state USPSA match! These matches are always the best. He knows what makes a good match!

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    I would really like to attend this and have purchased the five magazines I believe I need to participate for my side arm, at least I think I may be understanding the rules on the site (I can use my Glock 19?).

Anyway, I would like to attend , I've got some insight from a member here, and would apprecaite more feedback on what to expect what to bring, etc.

Im with him...Do we Just need a gun, 5 mags, our own ammo, holster, and some $$$? Whats the address of the competition?

Are there shotgun comps?:dunno:

All you need is a gun, five mags or speed loaders, a holster or bag, and a good attitude (which I am often lacking!). If you don't have that many mags or speed loaders, thats OK but when your out of ammo your out! You can't reload between strings. You won't find a more laid back way to get in to competitive shooting! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Come out a join the fun!
    FYI, a GLOCK 19 will put you in Production. That means 10 in each mag.
    The address is:
    7052 Crawfordsville Road Indianapolis, Indiana 46214 - Google Maps
    Notice the range SE of the pinpoint.

neeilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Beech Grove
    FNS 5 Mag Rules

Can someone help me understand the 5 mag rule? At $40/mag it's almost a new gun! I would really like to participate but with two mags it seems like it won't be worth my $10. Would appreciate clarification on this.

Thanks.

Top Bottom