Fox News, Joining The Liberal Fake News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just noticed a commercial on Newsmax. Henry Repeating Arms. :patriot:

Have to turn over to Tucker here in a bit, but I think I'll return to Newsmax until Shannon at 11:00.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This may well end up being the case, but journalism as it used to be is dead, including Fox News. we will get the real news from sources that we may have never heard of before. Have you looked at any of the independent reviews of the vote data? It is clear the cheat is in, now can they turn things on that data, or do feelz win?
    Media makes **** up. What makes you think media on your side does not make **** up? The fact that it’s your side doesn’t imbue right wing media with wholesome goodness and truthiness. They have the same side-interested dynamics as any. They have as much reason to lie as the other.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This may well end up being the case, but journalism as it used to be is dead, including Fox News. we will get the real news from sources that we may have never heard of before. Have you looked at any of the independent reviews of the vote data? It is clear the cheat is in, now can they turn things on that data, or do feelz win?

Media makes **** up. What makes you think media on your side does not make **** up? The fact that it’s your side doesn’t imbue right wing media with wholesome goodness and truthiness. They have the same side-interested dynamics as any. They have as much reason to lie as the other.

I said nothing about sides, mine or anyone else. I said journalism, as it used to be is dead, and it is. When everyone has a video camera and video publishing studio in the palm of their hand, news will be decentralized, to the people...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    E19SiNw.gif

:rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I said nothing about sides, mine or anyone else. I said journalism, as it used to be is dead, and it is. When everyone has a video camera and video publishing studio in the palm of their hand, news will be decentralized, to the people...
    I was referring to the part where you said you may get truth from sources you’ve never heard of. Well, how do you know that what you get from them is the truth? I do think that independent journalists are probably the news of the future, if they’re allowed by the establishment to have a platform. That doesn’t make them “true”. But it can be. For example, you see CNN report about how peaceful a protest was, and then you watch a livestream from individual journalists on the ground, live, all the while CNN is saying the opposite of what you’re seeing. But, that’s also not always the complete story either.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Is truth that thing you hear when people aren’t critical of your side?

The best way I can address this is to say that when people are truthful when I already know the truth I am more trusting of them when I don't know the truth as opposed to doubting those who are lying when I know the truth.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's all about trust. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Never trust anyone who acts as if they are smarter than everyone. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dunno. I don’t really trust anyone for news. I like watching Tim Pool, but he’s biased. I don’t trust his “news” either. I hear some claims made as news, and if I care enough about the issue I’ll dig into it to the extent that I can and do my own fact-checking.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I dunno. I don’t really trust anyone for news. I like watching Tim Pool, but he’s biased. I don’t trust his “news” either. I hear some claims made as news, and if I care enough about the issue I’ll dig into it to the extent that I can and do my own fact-checking.

And that is the rub, without news sources with credibility the consumer must make more effort to discern the "truth" but are usually just left with competing narratives...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And that is the rub, without news sources with credibility the consumer must make more effort to discern the "truth" but are usually just left with competing narratives...
    If that’s the case I really don’t see much more than bias being the basis of belief. If that’s true then why bother believing anything? It is possible to fact-check to some depth on a lot of things. But there are some things we can’t. This is one of those things, yet some people are developing some very deep beliefs based on how information titillates their ears. I think we have the best shot at accurately aligning our perception of reality if we first define a range of where the truth most likely is. So in this case I’ve defined that range as somwhere between :lala: and :runaway:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow! Two so called republicans calling on the vote software company to sue the presidents team for defamation.

Following the press conference Karl Rove joined Dana Perino on FOX News where Dana urged Dominion to sue Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell.
    Karl Rove stops just short of calling the conspiracy theories espoused by Giuliani and Powell crazy pic.twitter.com/8uqFhQ3AAC
    — Marc Caputo (@MarcACaputo) November 19, 2020

The response to this CNN type nonsense:

]I know defamation law. Defamation law is a friend of mine. Dominion is not going to sue anybody because TRUTH is an absolute defense.
    Plus discovery in the case will open the cookie box to even more evidence that Dominion interfered in our US Election. @DanaPerino is foolish. https://t.co/oyiTIHixKz
    Lin Wood (@LLinWood) November 19, 2020[/COLOR]

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    How about nothing has changed except that the POX adjustment in reality creation presently exceeds the capabilities of their maskirovka?
    In other words, oops, now you can see them.

Top Bottom