• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The few twitter interactions I’ve had with people seems to suggest that it isn’t so much the deaths at the hands of police, it’s that they don’t feel like the police get punished accordingly when there is an instance of brutality and/or killing. I don’t know the data on that.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Oh boy because it's so politically incorrect you can't believe someone said it or you wholeheartedly disagree with it?

I disagree. I've experienced small town life and city life. If we were all in a small town, we would know each other face to face. There's not a lot you could get away with growing up. Add to that, back then, no outside internet influence. If you didn't tow the line, there's no hiding from it. There's so many tangible outside factors without bringing race into it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And quite frankly, to be crass, it's not only BLM who are under-valuing the deaths of black people committed by black people in drug beefs. Do _you_ personally, really lose that much sleep over it? I am a pretty typical American in that, as long as they don't bring it to my turf, it's "not my problem." I'm not like Jetta Knight. If a sparrow falls off a tree limb, good for him. I don't have to see it, nor effing care. I don't walk up and down the sidewalk praying about all the black babies in the dumpster behind Planned Parenthood. But I do not want agents of the state killing George Floyd like happened here, because 1) it validates BLM and adds energy to their movement, and 2) that kind of police behavior could be turned against me or anyone else, someday.

But, really, this is the point, isn't it? Who, anywhere, is advocating for this loss of life? Where are the advocates for the destruction of the nuclear family and moral foundation of the black community, for the economic impoverishment of the urban black community after decades of single-party policy and control of our inner cities? Who advocates for the 40% or so of black pregnancies that end in abortion?

So, it is certainly a valid admonishment of everyone in society - and it is equally a valid admonishment for what is ostensibly the premier organization advocating for the loss of black lives, but focusing on a fraction of a percent of the causes of loss of black lives.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This has gotten to be most interesting read.

BLM is pushing a specific agenda and they ride the waves generated by these events. MSM is a main source of the fuel that drives these machines.
    Take away the waves and many of those groups will perish.
    The tactics used by those groups are disruptive for a reason and to me do not give them any real merit. As they do not actually address why so many of their people are dyeing and living in poverty.

I am in complete lock step with Alpo on this one. I grow weary of that small percentage of the populace causing 90% of the problems we face daily. We seem to have been stripped of any reasonable way to address the issues at hand by the tools we have made available to them in this struggle. The race card is a powerful club they wield as a weapon. PC thought police are everywhere.

Looking back at the chain of events that led up to all of this we should be holding the people that are in charge of oversite to be accountable at some level for allowing this group of bad apples to maintain their positions of authority over the people. The trail of abuse and misuse of that authority is pretty long. Had this been properly addressed at the onset of those issues we would still be dealing with the :bs: beer virus.

Well, thanks for that. Let me throw in one more percentage.

The richest 1% own over 1/2 the world's wealth. You can't burn the 1% out. You can't loot the 1%. Most of the time, you'll never find most of the people in the 1%.

So, that leaves 50% of the wealth to the rest of the folks....mostly those at the top end of the spectrum who would be pleased to be 1%ers. And if you **** these folks off, they leave and you end up with...Detroit. Or Baltimore. Take it. They don't want it.

What's left over is what is really being fought for. How much is that? Just enough to keep the working middle class somewhat satisfied that they can feed their family, put a roof over their heads and get them educated or trained for a life better than they have.

So, yeah, when you push as a group to get out of the box, you are gonna get a lot of push back from people who climbed out of the box on their own...or who did it over generations of sacrifice and hard work. And you aren't going to take it away from the "outside" folks. You are just gonna make them angry when you burn their cities or businesses and steal stuff you don't need just to be *******s.

It isn't racism. YOU make it racism by saying whitey be keepin you down. Whitey is just the working stiff. He ain't the man. The MAN is the 1%er. And you can't find him. But that's who you should be talking to.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I recall it being addressed by media at the time that the jury specifically did not have the option to find Zimmerman guilty of a lesser crime, and many people thought the prosecution lost because they overcharged him, ruining their chances of a conviction.

And so that would be very relevant here because people are suggesting that this prosecutor is deliberately overcharging so that the cops would be acquitted to fuel more riots. So even if it’s a matter of the prosecutor having to leave lesser charges on the table, if that were his goal, why would he? I don’t have sufficient reasons to believe this is the goal at this point, so I say that only for the sake of discussion.

ETA I meant to quote Chip, not NNBD.

Hough has already pointed out that lesser charges remain in this case.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, thanks for that. Let me throw in one more percentage.

The richest 1% own over 1/2 the world's wealth. You can't burn the 1% out. You can't loot the 1%. Most of the time, you'll never find most of the people in the 1%.

So, that leaves 50% of the wealth to the rest of the folks....mostly those at the top end of the spectrum who would be pleased to be 1%ers. And if you **** these folks off, they leave and you end up with...Detroit. Or Baltimore. Take it. They don't want it.

What's left over is what is really being fought for. How much is that? Just enough to keep the working middle class somewhat satisfied that they can feed their family, put a roof over their heads and get them educated or trained for a life better than they have.

So, yeah, when you push as a group to get out of the box, you are gonna get a lot of push back from people who climbed out of the box on their own...or who did it over generations of sacrifice and hard work. And you aren't going to take it away from the "outside" folks. You are just gonna make them angry when you burn their cities or businesses and steal stuff you don't need just to be *******s.

It isn't racism. YOU make it racism by saying whitey be keepin you down. Whitey is just the working stiff. He ain't the man. The MAN is the 1%er. And you can't find him. But that's who you should be talking to.

Winning.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And that's precisely the problem.

And BLM would be the equivalent of focusing on the CHD deaths caused by Aspartame.

And BLM would be the equivalent of focusing on cancer deaths due to 5G.

And BLM would be the equivalent of focusing on TIAs.

They are all deaths from disease, but having an organization focused on a specific cause of death doesn't seem to cause angst because more people die from one or the other. We can understand that each plays a role in disease research and prevention.

Well, hold on though. Let's at least acknowledge the things that are true. There's nothing wrong with taking up a very focused cause per se. Not every bit of cancer research bandwidth has to focus on the most common form of cancer. To the extent that there is a legitimate problem with policing policy, even if it were only 1%, to that 1% it's big to them.

But, I do agree that the messaging is disproportionate with the problem, also though, that the messaging asserts a problem that we don't actually have. "America is racist!" is not true. Some individuals in the US are racists. And sometimes those individuals occupy positions of authority which can bring to bear some institutional power which tends to oppress minorities. But that's not institutional racism. That's not evidence of a racist nation.

If this were a real ass racist nation then white people would have wholesale disagreed that the officers did anything wrong at all, from every position of power, from sea to shining sea. Virtually every power broker in this country has denounced the actions of those police officers. It's ***damn hard to find anyone with any power in this country, whether public or private, defend the actions of those police officers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The few twitter interactions I’ve had with people seems to suggest that it isn’t so much the deaths at the hands of police, it’s that they don’t feel like the police get punished accordingly when there is an instance of brutality and/or killing. I don’t know the data on that.

I think that's the crux. Part of the problem is one of expectations and perceptions and much of that comes from extrapolating perception from experience. They get fast-tracked to jail, meanwhile, they see officers get away with some things with not much more than a reprimand or reassignment, if any disciplinary action at all. Qualified immunity I think is also a big problem. Officers accidentally shoot someone and they see nothing happening. They don't see accountability happening. But I think also there are some unrealistic expectations. From some of the interviews I see on the news they seem to expect that the bad cops should just be taken out back and shot without a trial.

In the case of Breonna Taylor in Louisville, they want the officers involved to be punished right now. But there's an investigation needed first to determine the facts to find out to what extent any laws or policies were broken.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Google the following names:

Jose Guerena
    Philandro Castile
    Bounkham 'Bou' Phonesavanh
    Duncan Lemp

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've spent some time working in Mexico where police/public interaction is REALLY different from here in the states. All the people who I met while working there just shrugged and said that's the way it is. I can't imagine cops randomly stopping individuals on a US street and lifting half the money in their wallet. That said I can't remember any instances of police shootings during the various times I was there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh boy because it's so politically incorrect you can't believe someone said it or you wholeheartedly disagree with it?

"Politically incorrect" and "patently racist" are related, but not quite the same.

What are radical muslim views as opposed to regular muslim views?

Didn't we cover this ground several times since November 2009? Or is every muslim a radical muslim to you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom