• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Tim Pool does an excellent job clarifying Antifa's methods in this video:

[video=youtube;GnJBOSTZzSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnJBOSTZzSc[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not my experience as well. But I do see a lot of truth in this paragraph.
    " Cities have been the heart of the intellectual and artistic in all civilizations, as for example Athens, Rome, Florence, Vienna, New York. By contrast, blacks have destroyed city after American city after American city. Trenton, Camden, Newark, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Gary, Flint, St. Louis, New Orleans, Milwaukee. At one time in all of these one could live, walk at will, send one’s children to the schools. Now, no. Violence, crime, racial attacks,and illiteracy drive the civilized to remote suburbs. This is not my culture and I see no reason to apologize for it."

Oh boy.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    About "All Lives Matter". First, about "Black Lives Matter", I think it's colloquially implied that it's "Black Lives Matter *too*". It's not saying that only black lives matter. But the language is awkward, because when you say something like that with that specificity it typically implies it's exclusive, other wise you'd say "all".

And "All lives matter" may hurt some feelings, and that because it's pretty insensitive to say to people who feel like they're being treated as if their life doesn't matter, we probably shouldn't say it that way to those people. You probably shouldn't go down to the protests and proclaim all lives matter because it's not going to help anyone come to any different conclusions. It'll just **** them off. But. I don't think the sentiment is intended to invalidate feelings, though it's being interpreted that way. It's a statement of inclusion. It's saying, of course your life matters, ALL lives matter.

Or hell. Maybe it pisses them off because "all lives matter" implies that Trump's life also matters, which causes them to lose their ****.

They should have started the whole thing with All Lives Matter instead of Black Lives Matter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At least in my case, I made choices because I had parents who instructed me wisely and had a decent income... because they had parents who instructed them wisely....

Not so sure. My parents went to college, they understood how the system works. An immigrant, a poor black kid, etc. may not understand what's involved and may have been told by the generations of the past, "that's not for you" because college wasn't available to them...

So if good kids from good parents, and bad kids come from bad parents, then how do you break the cycle?

I'm guessing the answer isn't to stand on the outside and shout, "Quit acting inferior! That's unacceptable!"

We're not going to break the cycle by making more of white privilege than there is, and pretending that every white person has more privilege than every black person, or even that privilege should be primarily discussed in accordance with race.

Well off white people kneeling before black people and apologizing for the sins of people long dead is not going to break the cycle either. Checking your privilege is mostly self serving, as to signal a fake virtue. Just don't be a racist *******, be accepting of people who don't look like you, and do whatever you can to help not perpetuate the cycle. There is not much else white people can do. "Quit acting inferior" isn't what I'm saying. What I am saying is that breaking the cycle isn't just up to one side.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Beautiful

IT6MaVH.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They should have started the whole thing with All Lives Matter instead of Black Lives Matter.

I'd have been fine with "black lives matter too." I actually don't have that big a problem with "black lives matter". But I also don't have a problem with "all lives matter". Think about how we got to this point. Black people feel like they've been treated like they don't matter. Think how you might respond to people who (whether by perception or actually) constantly seem to think of you as less than human. You might stand up and declare, "I matter." That's not saying that you don't matter. It's asserting that regardless of who else matters, I matter. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with "all lives matter" either. Again following the allegory, I proclaim "I matter", and then someone from the group who have been putting me down says "we all matter" back to me, if they don't mean that as a correction, then it's an acknowledgement that they accept that I matter.

So someone says, "all lives matter," in response to "black lives matter", how do we mean it? How should they interpret it? Are we correcting them? Are we saying, no, you're wrong, it's all lives matter? Or are we saying, yes, you're right, we all matter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    101103598_3113009345429865_6908214553541083136_o.jpg

Sheriff Reynolds is one of the reasons why I can't vote "straight ticket". He has gotten my vote every time he has run and will continue to.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It is pretty hard to fix internal bleeding with a band-aid. We have areas of third world culture mixed in the large cities and it is not mixing well. It is probably not the best plan to make the whole country into a third world country to help the mixture.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Or hell. Maybe it pisses them off because "all lives matter" implies that Trump's life also matters, which causes them to lose their ****.

tenor.gif

Times like these make me really admire Daryl Davis.
    [video=youtube;fw0vS0qvYo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw0vS0qvYo0[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    About "All Lives Matter". First, about "Black Lives Matter", I think it's colloquially implied that it's "Black Lives Matter *too*". It's not saying that only black lives matter. But the language is awkward, because when you say something like that with that specificity it typically implies it's exclusive, other wise you'd say "all".

And "All lives matter" may hurt some feelings, and that because it's pretty insensitive to say to people who feel like they're being treated as if their life doesn't matter, we probably shouldn't say it that way to those people. You probably shouldn't go down to the protests and proclaim all lives matter because it's not going to help anyone come to any different conclusions. It'll just **** them off. But. I don't think the sentiment is intended to invalidate feelings, though it's being interpreted that way. It's a statement of inclusion. It's saying, of course your life matters, ALL lives matter.

I think the point - inarticulate though it likely is - of saying "all lives matter" is that all black lives matter, too, not just those killed by police. So, maybe it should be "Black Lives Taken By People Other Than Police Officers Matter".

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not my experience as well. But I do see a lot of truth in this paragraph.
    " Cities have been the heart of the intellectual and artistic in all civilizations, as for example Athens, Rome, Florence, Vienna, New York. By contrast, blacks have destroyed city after American city after American city. Trenton, Camden, Newark, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Gary, Flint, St. Louis, New Orleans, Milwaukee. At one time in all of these one could live, walk at will, send one’s children to the schools. Now, no. Violence, crime, racial attacks,and illiteracy drive the civilized to remote suburbs. This is not my culture and I see no reason to apologize for it."

okay.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    70% illiteracy. 75% born out of wedlock.

Their problems are in how they view themselves, they think this and related are acceptable.

Demand less, get less.

To make excuses for this BS is IMHO racist.
    They are not inferior, therefore they need to quit acting like it

To quote numbers like that without proof, is not responsible. Cite it or change it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom