• Status
    Not open for further replies.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    So De Blazio declares how proud he is of his daughter for getting arrested. :n00b:

Okay. So let me get this straight. The police are following HIS policies. His daughter breaks his policy and is arrested. And he's proud of her for defying his policy. Is he proud of all the other "protestors" for defying his policies? If defying his policy is a thing to be proud of, that begs a question...

WTF?
    51e998cbf42f48e325da65b9af78dbbc.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The thing I keep hearing over and over, from black people, is that the higher poverty rate in the black community leads to more criminal activity. The higher poverty rate is because of “systematic racism”. As many times as I’ve asked, at least with the people I’ve engaged with, I’ve never heard one time somebody say that any amount of the criminal activity is due to personal choice. It’s always poverty and racism. Always. Am I wrong in thinking that’s the worst way to live your life? Like somehow poverty automatically puts your life on the path to crime whether you want to or not. It’s going to happen. If you’re in poverty, you will commit crime and be targeted by the police. No personal choice at all. I hate that line of thinking.

The other night in Louisville, an owner of a BBQ grill was shot and killed by police. Someone from the crowd fired shots at the police, and two police officers and two national guardsmen returned fire back into the crowd. A recurring theme among a lot of conservatives is, if they're in a life of crime they're bringing it on themselves. That sounds a lot like justifying the shooting of people who don't always need shot.

Anyway this man was well liked in his community and not a criminal. But I suspect that some people reading this will find a way to justify it. "Why was he breaking curfew?" That's not a capital offense. The right question is why did those officers fire into a group of people?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The thing I keep hearing over and over, from black people, is that the higher poverty rate in the black community leads to more criminal activity. The higher poverty rate is because of “systematic racism”. As many times as I’ve asked, at least with the people I’ve engaged with, I’ve never heard one time somebody say that any amount of the criminal activity is due to personal choice. It’s always poverty and racism. Always. Am I wrong in thinking that’s the worst way to live your life? Like somehow poverty automatically puts your life on the path to crime whether you want to or not. It’s going to happen. If you’re in poverty, you will commit crime and be targeted by the police. No personal choice at all. I hate that line of thinking.

And this is the crux of why we (conservatives) need to do more to actually engage with low income communities. We traditionally keep these issues at arm's length and grumble from afar that anyone can make it if they embrace hard work, American ideals, etc. but we rarely go to the communities that need to hear that message the most.

Despair, whether real or perceived, causes folks to give up. People living in fear will make bad decisions and be easily fooled.

Why would one choose to walk the moral and righteous path if they don't expect to find success, be given a fair shot, or live past 25? We (conservatives) tend to acknowledge that these things aren't inevitable. They can be overcome. But if you live in a community led by people constantly telling you it's not your fault, then eventually you begin to believe it. They've been beaten down by 60 years of broken promises from democrat politicians, community organizers and others.

And whether we want to admit it or not, black citizens do have different interactions with law enforcement. I think all of us advocate for the rights of all individuals, but we don't show it. Instead, we huddle up together and let the media set the narrative that republicans, white people, rich people, whatever don't care about blacks, poor people.

Until we are willing to get into low income communities and help spread the concept of personal responsibility and self-reliance we won't change the perception. Young men need male role models, particularly young black men. What are we doing to be role models and change the victim-hood mindset?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you have never been taught to respect others, taught that might makes right. Seen or taught that its ok to hit a woman or speak to her like she's worthless or below you. Taught that its ok to hit teachers. Taught that fighting or shooting is the way to solve all your problens. Taught that the whole reason you grew up in poverty or anything bad that happened to you was the white mans fault. Taught that the police only want to kill you and that its ok to disrespect the police, harm the police, run from the police, even kill the police. Taught that its ok to steal from others to get yours. Taught that its ok to abandon your children.
    Yeah i know what the problem is and its not the cops.

Pretty obvious when we can see whole sections of the city go to hell and down in value and spike in crime. I know why, you do to even if you refuse to admit it.
    Theres a problem within the black community. Until they choose to stop blaming others for their problems and choose to work hard and go earn a better life and become productive members of society, then this **** is just going to keep happening

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Pretty obvious when we can see whole sections of the city go to hell and down in value and spike in crime. I know why, you do to even if you refuse to admit it.
    Theres a problem within the black community. Until they choose to stop blaming others for their problems and choose to work hard and go earn a better life and become productive members of society, then this **** is just going to keep happening

I completely agree, very well said.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The other night in Louisville, an owner of a BBQ grill was shot and killed by police. Someone from the crowd fired shots at the police, and two police officers and two national guardsmen returned fire back into the crowd. A recurring theme among a lot of conservatives is, if they're in a life of crime they're bringing it on themselves. That sounds a lot like justifying the shooting of people who don't always need shot.

Anyway this man was well liked in his community and not a criminal. But I suspect that some people reading this will find a way to justify it. "Why was he breaking curfew?" That's not a capital offense. The right question is why did those officers fire into a group of people?

I think those types of events are the exception and had nothing to do with race or socioeconomic status. That BBQ owner could’ve just as easily been white.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    If you have never been taught to respect others, taught that might makes right. Seen or taught that its ok to hit a woman or speak to her like she's worthless or below you. Taught that its ok to hit teachers. Taught that fighting or shooting is the way to solve all your problens. Taught that the whole reason you grew up in poverty or anything bad that happened to you was the white mans fault. Taught that the police only want to kill you and that its ok to disrespect the police, harm the police, run from the police, even kill the police. Taught that its ok to steal from others to get yours. Taught that its ok to abandon your children.

I think both are true. Police brutality happens. It’s not unreasonable to say we should try to reduce those incidents while also saying that all people should take responsibility for their own actions.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think both are true. Police brutality happens. It’s not unreasonable to say we should try to reduce those incidents while also saying that all people should take responsibility for their own actions.

Minneapolis is proof that cops sometimes make deadly mistakes. Both sides need to take ownership of problems in the community, and what we’ve seen the last few days won’t help. Departments like IMPD have more people retire in a year than they can replace. Does anyone think the things we’ve seen recently helps draw in good candidates? That isn’t meant to be a knock on new-hires, but as the years go by we are going to see fewer people want the job.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

It is a joke and a game to her, she knows she really has nothing at risk.

The prosecutor will either "forgive" the charges for a slew of protesters, or, if charged, she will be treated leniently.

Given that her father, Hizzoner, has already praised her, she is not at risk of censure by her family or her social group.

In fact, in that twisted way, this will be a net "plus" for her.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I completely agree. I think the mindset of a lot of cops and departments is wrong. I see innocent white and other people being needlessly slain or what i think is murdered by the police all the time.
    What will help fix that? The immunity cops have

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Minneapolis is proof that cops sometimes make deadly mistakes. Both sides need to take ownership of problems in the community, and what we’ve seen the last few days won’t help. Departments like IMPD have more people retire in a year than they can replace. Does anyone think the things we’ve seen recently helps draw in good candidates? That isn’t meant to be a knock on new-hires, but as the years go by we are going to see fewer people want the job.
    And a lot of the wrong type of people who do want the job

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Can you flip this truck? :):

LANGUAGE WARNING

[video=youtube;D-zdh-g6OKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zdh-g6OKE[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Guess Mr Floyd such an Upstanding citizen was on meth and fentanyl.

"If you can loot in person, you can Vote in person" -Me

You do realize, don't you, that even people we don't believe to be fine, upstanding people enjoy constitutional protection of rights, too?

Ever heard of Thomas Pinner?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is the HUGE problem. It's like folks are brainwashed to believe things that just are not true.

If the term systemic racism is repeated enough, does it actually make it true?

As mentioned, these protests would be happening all the time, if there were actually real examples of what seems to be readily believed by some.

The want to protest crowd tried their damnedest to make the local IMPD shooting of that thug into a national reason to start this a few weeks ago. It fell flat when it was realized by literally everyone the fool's own video showed him for what he really was.

The guys marching with the cop from the governor's mansion tonight in Indy said that they "were raised hating cops." Later a girl marching spoke of not driving her car because she would be killed for driving while black. :dunno:

The reality is that police killings are incredibly rare:

https://twitter.com/LeonydusJohnson/status/1267466345844740098

Police killings where deceased is white: 4 per 10,000 white persons arrested for violent crimes
    Police killings where deceased is black: 3 per 10,000 black persons arrested for violent crimes

https://twitter.com/ScorpioDragon94/status/1267713234422857730

Police killings where deceased is white: 0.33 per 10,000 white persons arrested for all crime
    Police killings where deceased is black: 0.18 per 10,000 black persons arrested for all crime

Note: FBI UCR cited as source (2017, I believe), but I have not personally verified the source.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't know that it excuses nor damns the officers actions..is there video showing how much pressure he put on his neck? Or difinitive proof he even made contact with the neck and was not just hovering about?

I find it far more likely that this fine gentleman's history with cocaine, fentanyl and meth contributed to his demise via excited dilerium.

"Furthermore, they found mean oxygen saturation levels were above 95% and mean end-tidal CO2*levels were below 45 mmHg for all positions, regardless of weight force. Based on these findings, PMRP may result in a transient pattern of restricted pulmonary function, but the lack of evidence for hypoxia or hypoventilation suggests that factors other than body positioning appear to be more important determinants for sudden, unexpected death."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088378/

I find all this damn the officer for doing X akin to the "shot him in the back" "he didn't have no gun" "cops shot him 30 times" of Sean Reed all prior to the facts coming out.

"If you can loot in person, you can Vote in person" -Me

Let's assume all of this is correct.

The man was arrested for allegedly passing a counterfeit $20 bill. Why was he laid out prone on the ground? Why was the officer "hovering" his knee over his neck? Why was he not standing/sitting while handcuffed while being detained?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom