• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Why would anyone think that the rioting will stop?

How many of the rioters are collecting a grand a week from Uncle Sugar on top of whatever they can loot?

On top of that, whether ANTIFA figured it out in advance or not, they are now aware of how this rioting is a continuation of the death of our economy. The 'rona lock downs had our economy on the ropes, they think this could well last long enough to finish it? They may be right? :dunno:

I think we’re giving antifa too much credit. I think they’re just a bunch of dumb asses that saw an opportunity to go riot and took it.

Hopefully they’ll be met with force if it happens tonight.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Curious why only land owners?

That's how the country was originally set up.

If anyone knows how the country should run, I think the founding fathers knew best.
    (And don't try the cop out of applying 2020's sense of morality and social justice to the 1700s. Anyone can own land today.)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't belong to the mindset of voter suppression.

Though if someone wants to change the law so that only those owning land can vote, I would be in favor of that.

Own it free and clear or land you are purchasing through a bank? Does a condo in a high rise count as land?
    Does the fact you never really own land the state does(try not paying your property taxes)matter?

I have owned free and clear more than one property,but would never advocate only those who did could vote.

It will be awhile before my 23 year old daughter owns a house and land free and clear. I want her to vote.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Own it free and clear or land you are purchasing through a bank? Does a condo in a high rise count as land?
    Does the fact you never really own land the state does(try not paying your property taxes)matter?

I have owned free and clear more than one property,but would never advocate only those who did could vote.

It will be awhile before my 23 year old daughter owns a house and land free and clear. I want her to vote.

If you have to pay property taxes, you own land.

Might also be a good incentive to get people to stop piling into these cities, and go back to experiencing a more independent version of American life.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, it may be an unpopular opinion here, but yes. Voting is how we get our representation, and all Americans should vote and be sure they’re represented. Now if they could just handle the results like adults instead of rioting when their choice doesn’t win...

I do not want criminals and irresponsible people to vote. I am fine with convicted felons still under sentence not having the right to vote and I am against taking efforts to encourage people to vote who really don't care.

If it were up to me, I would have a basic knowledge exam to vote, say at the 6th grade level....but I get it, that would take a Constitutional amendment. I'm fine with just not making voting easier.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's how the country was originally set up.

If anyone knows how the country should run, I think the founding fathers knew best.
    (And don't try the cop out of applying 2020's sense of morality and social justice to the 1700s. Anyone can own land today.)

So we should apply the 1700s sense of morality to the 2000’s, but not vise-versa?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I do not want criminals and irresponsible people to vote. I am fine with convicted felons still under sentence not having the right to vote and I am against taking efforts to encourage people to vote who really don't care.

If it were up to me, I would have a basic knowledge exam to vote, say at the 6th grade level....but I get it, that would take a Constitutional amendment. I'm fine with just not making voting easier.

I don’t agree with taking an exam to vote, i do however agree with felons losing their ability to vote.

My opinion it should be like the 2A. If you can’t be trusted to carry a firearm, you can’t be trusted to elect governing officials.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think we’re giving antifa too much credit. I think they’re just a bunch of dumb asses that saw an opportunity to go riot and took it...

I disagree, my friend. I think it's just the opposite.

I think ANTIFA is the smart organizing part of the rioting. The ones that stay ahead of the cops, for the most part. ANTIFA may start the looting/violence and work up the others, but they quickly bail to let the weak minded opportunists take over.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I disagree, my friend. I think it's just the opposite.

I think ANTIFA is the smart organizing part of the rioting. The ones that stay ahead of the cops, for the most part. ANTIFA may start the looting/violence and work up the the others, but they quickly bail to let the weak minded opportunists take over.

Good point, after reading about the radio transmissions being monitored and used to navigate their riot you’re probably right.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When all this is over the convicted rioters need to be fitted with shock collars and put to work cleaning things up.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Speaking of the 1700's, these really are jacobins.
    And we got trouble as they say right here in River City.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Meanwhile in Santa Monica:

https://twitter.com/sbkaufman/status/1267271423527022592

Just called the police because there was just a dangerous standoff between my neighbor and some protestors and got the response: "Sir, the city is under attack. Do what you have to do." And they hung up. Did that really just happen?

Go read the twitter thread. It’s amusing in a grim sort of way. Another “progressive” gets half a dose of red pill and is confused. Pretty sure he’s just going to pull the blanket over his head though.

An update:

Protests, looting shift to Santa Monica as National Guard takes over LA streets

Santa Monica looter admits he's doing it for the money not for George Floyd

D'oh!

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Polk County Sheriff , Lakeland Fl. issues warning.

[FONT=&amp]Judd said there were rumblings on social media that rioters planned to bring violence into the neighborhoods of Polk County.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“I would tell them, if you value your life, they probably shouldn’t do that in Polk County. Because the people of Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns, and they’re going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded, and if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I’m highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns. So, leave the community alone,” Judd said.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/polk...t-monday-8-p-m-after-more-civil-unrest-sunday
    [/FONT]

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think you should do a bit of digging.
    It's a lot bigger than you realize.
    I’ve seen the pallets of bricks laying in strategic locations. I guess I’m just being naive and don’t want to believe we actually have a group of terrorist planning and carrying out attacks like this. I still have a hard time believing Antifa is the driving force behind this. I believe it’s something much more intelligent than those little **** ants.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom