• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    How is blocking the interstate and throwing things ‘a peaceful protest”? It looks like the truck did not stop until some idiot actually laid down on the pavement in front if it. Remembering Reginald Denny, I don’t know if I would have stopped or not. This driver is lucky to be alive.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Human nature...
    People from the low end of the political / economic spectrum are using an event as an excuse to destroy and to steal what isn't theirs and it's terrible. When people from the top end of the political / economic spectrum use an event as an excuse to destroy and loot what isn't theirs it's pretty much the same except yeah then it's patriotic. After having such thoughts this morning I'm pretty much convinced that the rioters are nothing special, just people being people. But the organizers, they're always special because they gotta get paid.
    :twocents:

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    The one thing I keep telling people about this and I think this is a BIG flaw in our society now is that people are unwilling, possibly not even expected to,... take responsibility for their own actions. Where is it written that, if you are committing a crime that you will not be required to assume ANY personal risk to your safety and your health, if you are apprehended by law enforcement? If you have heart conditions and you ride a roller coaster at Kings Island, there are risks,... you took them... and it wasn't the amusement parks fault.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Call me Mr Brightside, but I see an upside to all these massive protests/riots.

If we don't see tremendous spikes in Covid-19 cases and deaths in the affected cities within the next couple weeks, there can be ZERO justification for continued restrictions on large gatherings of people.

Restaurants, bars, clubs, concerts, malls, fairs, etc. Open EVERYTHING.

And if it's safe enough to protest/riot now, then it'll surely be safe enough to haul your happy arse to your local polling place this November 3rd. No need for the massive mail in ballot plans being championed by the usual suspects.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If we don't see tremendous spikes in Covid-19 cases and deaths in the affected cities within the next couple weeks, there can be ZERO justification for continued restrictions on large gatherings of people.

And if it's safe enough to protest/riot now, then it'll surely be safe enough to haul your happy arse to your local polling place this November 3rd. No need for the massive mail in ballot plans being championed by the usual suspects.

Kind of a big "if", but I agree 100%.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been hearing from a number of people on other social media sites as well as from a few family& friends. Something that keeps chapping my tail is when they say something like...as white people we don't have a right to tell black people what is acceptable protest behavior.
    BS! WE as a society have set the standards of acceptable behaviors and what isn't acceptable. If you are fighting for equality and fair treatment then you need to act within the accepted rule of law. From my perspective if you are telling me "as a white person..." Then you are the one injecting race into the situation not me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, I just ignore the whole idea that different standards apply depending upon race. That sounds like blatant racism to me.

That being said, I've been pretty quiet through this whole thing for the sole reason that one more person yammering isn't going to change anything, but that's just me.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I just ignore the whole idea that different standards apply depending upon race. That sounds like blatant racism to me.

That being said, I've been pretty quiet through this whole thing for the sole reason that one more person yammering isn't going to change anything, but that's just me.

Yeah. I've mostly tried to keep my mouth shut too. The last few days clearly haven't been the right time for talk

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

That assumes that those who want to unseat Trump don't have double standards.
    "I'm about to go bankrupt, can I re-open my hair salon and exercise my right to assemble?"
    "No. We'll jail you. Why do you want people to die because you can't social distance?"
    "OK. . . what about those people rioting over George Floyd's death?"
    "Their freedom is paramount"
    "Aren't they being arrested for violent acts?"
    "I mean, some are. But celebrities and the Biden campaign have donated millions to bail them out"
    "So...can I join a protest and cut hair?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom