Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We are 3 days into this and it seems IMPD is incapable of turning the tide. They are under manned, out numbered and their hands are tied.

At what point does it become too much and the citizens right to defend their city?

Let them burn 50% of downtown? All of downtown? Carmel? The suburbs?

I love the fact that IMPD is playing Superman but sometimes it's ok to ask for help.

I mentioned water. I dropped it off. For all I know it got put in a trunk and no one got any. I'm dropping off 10 more cases. I don't know again that anyone will get it.

I think IMPD would be surprised at the amount of honest decent citizenry that are willing to stand up and help. This is our city after all. Even if there are **** heads and agitators they are going to be obvious and easy to weed out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

While watching the news this morning, I saw at least a dozen cases of water unopened sitting on the ground on the circle. Presumably they were brought by the protesters, but I don't really know.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    maybe if the police held up signs saying "I came to work for you, you stay home for me" the rioters would stop. it worked so well for healthcare.

I hope all of the self-aggrandizing healthcare people are reading what "#frontline" and "#hero" really means as they watch their local police stand firm against these mobs. i'm quite thankful for the police and glad my worry at work has been whether or not I'll catch a disease with a 99.9% survival rate.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    How do you vet them? Just with a DD214? That doesn't automatically qualify them as honorable and competent. I wouldn't be surprised if the asshat with the bow and arrow qualifies as you've described. And how do you handle liability? Not just liability for the volunteers, but the liability for the police department when rambo does stupid ****. I'm just trying to think practically about how that would even work. It's something that can't just be put together in a day. Hey, boyz. Bring your DD214s and your AR 15s and help us out here. I guess I could see a situation desperate enough to do something like that. This ain't that apocalyptic.

No POG's. Easy Peasy.... Answering for a friend.....

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    How do you vet them? Just with a DD214? That doesn't automatically qualify them as honorable and competent. I wouldn't be surprised if the asshat with the bow and arrow qualifies as you've described. And how do you handle liability? Not just liability for the volunteers, but the liability for the police department when rambo does stupid ****. I'm just trying to think practically about how that would even work. It's something that can't just be put together in a day. Hey, boyz. Bring your DD214s and your AR 15s and help us out here. I guess I could see a situation desperate enough to do something like that. This ain't that apocalyptic.

There is a lot of info on a DD214. On mine you can see the medals I earned, courses and training I recieved, and experience as a supervisor. Yes, riot control is in there. It doesn't show riot duty in Germany I was flown in for. There has to be 1,000s of me available with honorable discharges. Some simple written phsychological exams could be used for weeding out the wrong guys. I would work as a water-boy or man the line. I do not want another career though.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    There is a lot of info on a DD214. On mine you can see the medals I earned, courses and training I recieved, and experience as a supervisor. Yes, riot control is in there. It doesn't show riot duty in Germany I was flown in for. There has to be 1,000s of me available with honorable discharges. Some simple written phsychological exams could be used for weeding out the wrong guys. I would work as a water-boy or man the line. I do not want another career though.
    This

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Didn't say anything about armed.

But yeah come on down, here's a idacs check or whatever y'all run.

Pair each with an officer and stand the line. Have them run fire hose lines, fire extinguishers, goof off and a sponge, have them help evacuate the wounded and run 9 lines, run water and supplies.

It's really that simple. It doesn't even have to be about hey stand this line and shoot that dude if he does something. Plenty of ways to be a civil servant without a gun.

I see nothing wrong with that.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    While watching the news this morning, I saw at least a dozen cases of water unopened sitting on the ground on the circle. Presumably they were brought by the protesters, but I don't really know.

The "protestors" are being supplied water by their own people. I guarantee if Dutch gave water directly to officers it was consumed or put in a vehicle for later consumption.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    ANTIFA needs to be officially called terrorists period.First video is from today. The second from CNN in 2017.

[video=youtube;hpVj4658Zvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpVj4658Zvc[/video]

[video=youtube;kUu46J_OHQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUu46J_OHQ4[/video]

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

You could call it "Citizens on Patrol" maybe get Sgt. Carey Mahoney to lead you all.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That does answer the question. Some rando dumbass with a bow and arrow isn't handling it. So what does citizens handling it look like?

The city is burning.

Is this what police "handling" it looks like?

At least that guy did the best he could with what he had, he had more of a spine than 90% of this country.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    For all of you talking **** about the police not doing anything and you "being on our own." I haven't heard anything about you standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the officers that are getting spit on, assaulted, shot at, etc. It is easy to talk **** from the safety of your house.
    It was utter hell and unlike anything I've ever encountered in my 23 years as a LEO. Now we get to do it again.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We are 3 days into this and it seems IMPD is incapable of turning the tide. They are under manned, out numbered and their hands are tied.

At what point does it become too much and the citizens right to defend their city?

Let them burn 50% of downtown? All of downtown? Carmel? The suburbs?

I love the fact that IMPD is playing Superman but sometimes it's ok to ask for help.

I mentioned water. I dropped it off. For all I know it got put in a trunk and no one got any. I'm dropping off 10 more cases. I don't know again that anyone will get it.

I think IMPD would be surprised at the amount of honest decent citizenry that are willing to stand up and help. This is our city after all. Even if there are **** heads and agitators they are going to be obvious and easy to weed out.

I thank you for the water you gave me. I threw it in the back seat and we had to relocate to the next hot spot. Saly, quite a few of the bottles fell out as I was running to the car. Rest assured, as soon as we were pulled off the line for a break, I gave everyone in my squad water.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you've got any other ways I can help I'm all ears. I've got more cases of water to drop off and a scary dog. I've also got a sponge and goof off.

There used to be a reserve officer program, but I don't know if they let it wither. Hell, MCSD had such a strong reserve program at one point that they could take over patrol duties for the entire county to free up full-time officers for emergencies. But that has been quite a few years ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom