Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks like BLM was so happy with the results of the autonomous zone in Seattle (CHAZ) that they've built one in Minneapolis now.

Per Andy Ngô:

From the article:
    A city spokesperson did issue a statement that said, in part, “There is no autonomous zone in the area of 38th and Chicago Avenue, or anywhere else in the City of Minneapolis. Laws and enforcement responsibilities have not changed for any part of the city.”

And then...

The statement also said the city is in negotiations with people occupying the zone and is working toward a phased reopening of the area sometime “before winter.”

So, is there is, or is there ain't a zone? (to paraphrase a line from Porgy and Bess)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The line should've been prefaced by saying" A city spokesperson issued a statement out of their ass..."

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    XEuq9cX.jpg

Progressive priorities...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can't remember where it was posted, so I'll put the update here.

Omaha bar owner was attacked, defended himself and shot attacker. BLM/Antifa mob
    It was ruled self defense.
    Well...

Man Who Killed BLM Protester Has Self Defense Ruling Overturned, DA Caves To BLM And Man is Indicted

[video=youtube;lwK6LQuIF04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwK6LQuIF04[/video]

[h=1]Nebraska bar owner Jake Gardner, charged in fatal shooting of unarmed Black protester, dies by suicide, attorney says[/h]https://www.yahoo.com/news/nebraska-bar-owner-jake-gardner-012637139.html

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Per Trump's earlier statement, looks like the DOJ is putting three cities on notice (Seattle, Portland and NYC) that they've been identified as jurisdictions that have failed to protect their citizens by restricting their own police forces and will now be losing federal funding. They may add additional cities in the future.

Department Of Justice Identifies New York City, Portland And Seattle As Jurisdictions Permitting Violence And Destruction Of Property

Identification is Response to Presidential Memorandum Reviewing Federal Funding to State and Local Governments that are Permitting Anarchy, Violence, and Destruction in American Cities
    “When state and local leaders impede their own law enforcement officers and agencies from doing their jobs, it endangers innocent citizens who deserve to be protected, including those who are trying to peacefully assemble and protest,” said Attorney General William P. Barr. “We cannot allow federal tax dollars to be wasted when the safety of the citizenry hangs in the balance. It is my hope that the cities identified by the Department of Justice today will reverse course and become serious about performing the basic function of government and start protecting their own citizens.”

I'm sure some regional judge will decide to challenge this...

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I think that is absolutely great!

If the dems start bashing it they risk losing more voter confidence. I still feel for the innocents trapped in those areas, but until somebody pushes I do not think anything is going to change in the near future.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Per Trump's earlier statement, looks like the DOJ is putting three cities on notice (Seattle, Portland and NYC) that they've been identified as jurisdictions that have failed to protect their citizens by restricting their own police forces and will now be losing federal funding. They may add additional cities in the future.

I'm sure some regional judge will decide to challenge this...
    A loss of money from tax payers fleeing the city, plus losing federal funding. That's going to sting.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I have to agree with what the DOJ is doing here; if the locals don't want to fund their police, why should we, the American taxpayers (even if it is only a small part of the department's funding)?

It is bad not only for the decent citizens being held hostage by their cities and left to the hands of the "regular" criminals and the small minority of people who advocate for the defunding, but also for the decent police officers who signed up and are now unsupported by their city administrations and the district attorneys/prosecutors. It is easy to say, "well, they should just quit," but an officer who signed on a few years ago and is now stuck half way to retirement might have limited options.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Hard to believe they did not include minneapolis.

Agreed. That seems to be a clear case, but I suppose that is covered under:
    The Department of Justice is continuing to work to identify jurisdictions that meet the criteria set out in the President’s Memorandum and will periodically update the list of selected jurisdictions as required therein.

dereedy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    "Nebraska bar owner Jake Gardner, charged in fatal shooting of unarmed Black protester, dies by suicide, attorney says."

Ugh -- this is a terrible story. The woke mob wanted him charged and the woke mob got their way.

I'm not sure how the same set of facts would play out in Indiana. Our castle doctrine law is pretty good. But a determined prosecutor can probably twist the words to mean whatever her or she wants.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Here is an article.

[h=1]Nebraska State Senator Megan Hunt Celebrates In Wake Of Jake Gardner’s Suicide, Smears Him In Death[/h]I could not stomach reading her statements.

megan-hunt-celebrates-after-jake-gardner-suicide-780x470.jpg

He definitely seems like a white supremacist in this video.
    [video=youtube_share;i6c5TBcQBuo]https://youtu.be/i6c5TBcQBuo[/video]

Douglas County attorney Donald Kleine ruled the shooting was self-defense but Douglas County District Court Judge Shelly Stratman three months later appointed Fredrick Franklin as a special prosecutor to reopen the case.

Fredrick Franklin, an assistant U.S. attorney in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Omaha, is the one who went for charges after the District Attorney ruled it was self defense.

EiZH6DXWkAEb4Vy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom