Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Then why would they be surprised that their oppressor hit the gas? Wouldn't an oppressor ignore the demands of the oppressed?

Again, mob mentality.

Mobs do crazy things and start to ignore any potential consequences. That's nothing new or indicative of the current society.

People pushed, and pushed, and pushed at the Berlin Wall even though, logically, they should have known there was a potential to get mowed down by machine guns.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Again, mob mentality.

Mobs do crazy things and start to ignore any potential consequences. That's nothing new or indicative of the current society.

People pushed, and pushed, and pushed at the Berlin Wall even though, logically, they should have known there was a potential to get mowed down by machine guns.

Are you seriously saying you don't see anything new and different in society today? Maybe in minneapolis, seattle, portland, etc.?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are you seriously saying you don't see anything new and different in society today? Maybe in minneapolis, seattle, portland, etc.?

No, I'm saying that giving kids a participation trophy doesn't necessarily means they'll be jumping on cop cars later in life.

The actions of mobs often follows moderately understood pattern of human behavior.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Adults don't yell "f**king fa**ot" while punching a man on the ground.

I fear you're correct. It was nice, six months ago, when the "politically minded violence" thread was all examples of the left going berserk.

There is at least one commonality between both sides: the notion that the law (and those trusted to enforce it) has let them down. Both sides seem to be saying, "If the police would just _______, then I wouldn't have to do this."

Of course, I know BLM/ANTIFA/etc has destruction on their mind, and you'll never see large group of patriots firebombing anything. The motives are definitely more noble on our side, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The American public at large doesn't have an appetite for destruction and order can be restored without vigilantism, IMHO.

Media is a powerful influence, and maybe if I was watching a continual stream of ANTIFA riot videos, I'd feel different.

I think you have some things wrong and some things right. The right seems to be supportive of the police but are frustrated that the police are not allowed to do their jobs as we watch US cities burn at the hands of ideologues. The left seems to be bent on destabilizing society, and overthrowing all the institutions which made it the land of opportunity. It's pretty obvious to me that the blank is filled differently depending on the side, so, though both sides seem very willing to do violence against each other, the motivation is quite different. Not a justification, just saying something that's true. From the right, it's "if the police [c]ould just do their job, then I wouldn't have to do this. From the left, it's a lot more like, "if the police would just ****ing die, then I wouldn't have to do this."

As I said before, I understand the frustration on the right. But I disagree with busting heads and acting like the left. I mean, if it comes right down to fight or risk my family/property, sure. THEN it's time to fight. But just to the extent that it's necessary, in defense of life and property. I'm pretty sure that doesn't include revenge, which is pretty much what we saw in that video. So yeah, you're right that the outcomes look a lot alike, but it's not irrelevant that the motivation is very different.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think you have some things wrong and some things right. The right seems to be supportive of the police but are frustrated that the police are not allowed to do their jobs as we watch US cities burn at the hands of ideologues. The left seems to be bent on destabilizing society, and overthrowing all the institutions which made it the land of opportunity. It's pretty obvious to me that the blank is filled differently depending on the side, so, though both sides seem very willing to do violence against each other, the motivation is quite different. Not a justification, just saying something that's true. From the right, it's "if the police [c]ould just do their job, then I wouldn't have to do this. From the left, it's a lot more like, "if the police would just ****ing die, then I wouldn't have to do this."

As I said before, I understand the frustration on the right. But I disagree with busting heads and acting like the left. I mean, if it comes right down to fight or risk my family/property, sure. THEN it's time to fight. But just to the extent that it's necessary, in defense of life and property. I'm pretty sure that doesn't include revenge, which is pretty much what we saw in that video. So yeah, you're right that the outcomes look a lot alike, but it's not irrelevant that the motivation is very different.

Indeed.

The motives are much purer on the right. No doubt about it.

It's just upsetting to see this in America...

In the eyes of the LEO on the ground in the situation, is Boogaloo Bob playing Woke-a-Mole making your job harder or easier?

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

These are the non-leading idiotic morons those people are putting in the seats of power. No idea WTAF is really going on in the world. None.

As President Reagan observed, paraphrased: if you want more of something, subsidize it. If you want less of something, tax it. These vacuous minded people have been subsidizing and supporting lawlessness, and "taxing" and discouraging enforcement of the laws by police.

They have reaped what they've sowed, and now they're surprised and upset.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As President Reagan observed, paraphrased: if you want more of something, subsidize it. If you want less of something, tax it. These vacuous minded people have been subsidizing and supporting lawlessness, and "taxing" and discouraging enforcement of the laws by police.

They have reaped what they've sowed, and now they're surprised and upset.

And my "Give-a-Damn" for these people is broken.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    letemburn.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    These are the non-leading idiotic morons those people are putting in the seats of power. No idea WTAF is really going on in the world. None.

I've said before, the Left and Right have a regulatory relationship with one another. In balance the openness of the left pushes society to progress beyond harmful norms. But if left unchecked, they can do away with useful norms, and progress to harmful ones. That's what this looks like to me. The Left has figured out how to neutralize the Right's constraints on progress, and they're just running amok now. Any crazy idea is eagerly accepted. You know. Like **** the police. The marginalized conservatives saying, uh, that's not a good idea, were completely ignored. The left is socially in charge now, and the world they propose is utterly insane and unlivable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People are fleeing the cities. I think it kinda started with Covid-19. And then now the riots. Problem is, a lot of them are Democrats and they're gonna end up turning red counties purple or blue. That's what happened in Virginia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom