Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I am so sick of hearing the stupid ****ing phrase "black community."

Is Biden right?

Here are some people protecting small businesses in St. Paul, MN.

I wonder if they know what "community" they belong to.

02025-DDA-1257-42-A2-9-EDC-32-E38-F70831-B.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We've handled thousands of protesters right here in Indy with nobody on either side hurt. Protesters aren't the issue. Rioters are. And police or the NG could definitely do it with zero increase in manpower, but not in a way palatable to anyone other than a few INGOers.

I'm on the side that's tired of being *****ed at from both directions for being both too much and too little. I'm on the side that's tired of "tyranny" if X is enforced against me but "concerned about feels" if X isn't enforced against them. I'm on the side that's legitimately ****ing saddened by a lot of where our culture is heading and how readily we are balkanized and how the media and, especially, how social media exploits that for financial gain to the detriment of society.

Basically I'm on the side of tired. And I'm legitimately glad you asked that because it made me really think about if participating here makes that better or worse.

OK. You guys back off my buddy here. If you run him off its somebody's butt for sure.....:lmfao:

But yes, I am serious. True voices of reason and basic truths need to be heard and listened to. His is one of these.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm curious if anybody knows or cares that MN is a "duty to retreat" state?

I'm also curious as to which way you actually want it. "I don't want police using "military" tactics or equipment" vs "I want police to be able to stop thousands of violent rioters."

How many folks are heading out there?

Way back in my formative years I got to watch the successful use of water cannons on protesters of the mining of Haiphong Harbor; (I said it was way back) I can see an acceptable application of water cannons in Minneapolis. Mostly not lethal, gets the job done and mostly safe against unarmed ground assault.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm also curious as to which way you actually want it. "I don't want police using "military" tactics or equipment" vs "I want police to be able to stop thousands of violent rioters."

How many folks are heading out there?

If they're going to have all this military equipment, I expect them to use it for stopping a riot, not a hair salon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Way back in my formative years I got to watch the successful use of water cannons on protesters of the mining of Haiphong Harbor; (I said it was way back) I can see an acceptable application of water cannons in Minneapolis. Mostly not lethal, gets the job done and mostly safe against unarmed ground assault.

And they can fight the fires at the same time. Win-win! ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    OK. You guys back off my buddy here. If you run him off its somebody's butt for sure.....:lmfao:

But yes, I am serious. True voices of reason and basic truths need to be heard and listened to. His is one of these.

Tried to rep you. BBI always has a viewpoint that makes me question my own sometimes. Really good guy that always strives to do what’s right. Don’t wanna see him get aggravated and decide to stop participating.

Im betting this is going to get a lot worse since it’s about to be the weekend.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Tried to rep you. BBI always has a viewpoint that makes me question my own sometimes. Really good guy that always strives to do what’s right. Don’t wanna see him get aggravated and decide to stop participating.

Im betting this is going to get a lot worse since it’s about to be the weekend

Yes, the "protesters" have finished their work week and they have Saturday and Sunday off to unwind...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I am so sick of hearing the stupid ****ing phrase "black community."

Is Biden right?

Here are some people protecting small businesses in St. Paul, MN.

I wonder if they know what "community" they belong to.

02025-DDA-1257-42-A2-9-EDC-32-E38-F70831-B.gif

Come on AK guy, quit pointing that at people. :stickpoke:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If they're going to have all this military equipment, I expect them to use it for stopping a riot, not a hair salon.
    I think the equipment is to be used in situations like the Boston bombings, or the Hollywood bank robbery. An argument can be made that they’re committing acts of terrorism, but that excuse can be made to deploy military equipment in a lot of situations. Should they be deployed when a sporting event turns into a riot? Do we really want the guard marching our streets every time a riot happens? I, personally, do not. I think it opens the door for future leaders to label something “terrorism” and use the military to counter it. What would stop the governor of Virginia from claiming thousands marching with guns to be an act of terrorism if the precedent to use military against citizens has been set? Slippery slope I don’t wish to go down.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think the equipment is to be used in situations like the Boston bombings, or the Hollywood bank robbery. An argument can be made that they’re committing acts of terrorism, but that excuse can be made to deploy military equipment in a lot of situations. Should they be deployed when a sporting event turns into a riot? Do we really want the guard marching our streets every time a riot happens? I, personally, do not. I think it opens the door for future leaders to label something “terrorism” and use the military to counter it. What would stop the governor of Virginia from claiming thousands marching with guns to be an act of terrorism if the precedent to use military against citizens has been set? Slippery slope I don’t wish to go down.

The line is not hard to draw on when to use this equipment.

Is the police force entirely overwhelmed and unable to conduct business as usual? If yes, then deploy the next level of force.
    Could a single sheriff having a sit down conversation with someone probably resolve the situation without a show of force? If yes, then don't deploy excessive force.

What about all this dystopian spying equipment the government has? Are they going to use it to spy on political opponents, or are they going to use it to identify as many people as possible at this riot, and accurately charge and prosecute them for their crimes?

P.S. The point at which you abandon a police department because it's being over run, is the point at which all available options of force have been exhausted and you are summarily defeated.
    The police station had explosives and various other things in it, that should have been defended.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    [FONT=&amp]At a press conference, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey[/FONT][FONT=&amp] said the protests stemmed from built-up anger and sadness "ingrained in our black community not just because of five minutes of horror, but 400 years." [/FONT][FONT=&amp]

This guy is a complete idiot.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

I'm pretty sure that 400 years ago there were only Indians and the occasional fur trapper in Minnesota.
    [/FONT]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom