• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Seattle police chief Carmen Best will resign.
    Apparently, not allowing someone to do their job, belittling them, reducing their department, reducing pay.. etc, causes people to resign.
    Imagine that.

[video=youtube;5JC2trEXxhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JC2trEXxhE[/video]

They are SHOCKED that she is calling it quits, SHOCKED I say.:rolleyes:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So, we have efforts to defund the police across the country continuing, increases in violent crime, riots and looting in major US cities. When does POTUS recognize this threat and start being serious about making sure that the people have the right to defend themselves? Especially in those areas with restrictive laws being among the most likely to defund the police.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, we have efforts to defund the police across the country continuing, increases in violent crime, riots and looting in major US cities. When does POTUS recognize this threat and start being serious about making sure that the people have the right to defend themselves? Especially in those areas with restrictive laws being among the most likely to defund the police.

This is all a dress rehearsal fellas. Marshal law will be the well defined end game if they can keep this on pace.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is all a dress rehearsal fellas. Marshal law will be the well defined end game if they can keep this on pace.

Marshal Law? Just griefin ya, CM. Martial Law requires the military. End game of the social experiments?

th

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe she didn't notice she wasn't allowed to do her job until the pay cut.
    I’d wager the pay cut enhanced her ability to see reality.

“Huh. My ability to do my job is being severely limited. And now they’re cutting my budget. I wonder what could possibly be the cause? It’s a mystery. What? What do you mean you’re cutting my pay too? Hey. Wait a just a cotton pickin’ minute! I suspect these things are all related. I can’t work under these conditions.”

Seriously though, she seemed to have it together enough to know the city’s actions were all wrong. Maybe the pay was enough to keep her around otherwise. Probably not a lot of demand for chiefs of police right about now. Her employment options are very limited. But then they cut her pay? If her earning potential is now ****, that opens up the career possibilities. Might as well quit and go work management for some private security firm.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Private security. That might be a good investment. I can see a lot more neighborhoods hiring private security rather than relying on the new peace force.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I’d wager the pay cut enhanced her ability to see reality.

“Huh. My ability to do my job is being severely limited. And now they’re cutting my budget. I wonder what could possibly be the cause? It’s a mystery. What? What do you mean you’re cutting my pay too? Hey. Wait a just a cotton pickin’ minute! I suspect these things are all related. I can’t work under these conditions.”

Seriously though, she seemed to have it together enough to know the city’s actions were all wrong. Maybe the pay was enough to keep her around otherwise. Probably not a lot of demand for chiefs of police right about now. Her employment options are very limited. But then they cut her pay? If her earning potential is now ****, that opens up the career possibilities. Might as well quit and go work management for some private security firm.
    She retired right after the city council voted to reduce the budget without even consulting her. They are cutting 100 officers from the force and cut her pay to a level much lower than her predecessor. You cut my pay from 40% and I would probably quit/retire too.

Pretty sad affairs all around up in the NW

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    She retired right after the city council voted to reduce the budget without even consulting her. They are cutting 100 officers from the force and cut her pay to a level much lower than her predecessor. You cut my pay from 40% and I would probably quit/retire too.

Pretty sad affairs all around up in the NW

Well the city did say they wanted to defund the police. The writing was on the wall.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Why not do a HOA sanctioned militia in neighborhoods? Free!

Private security. That might be a good investment. I can see a lot more neighborhoods hiring private security rather than relying on the new peace force.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well the city did say they wanted to defund the police. The writing was on the wall.
    Not without including the Chief in the conversation. Cutting a department's budget is one thing. Doing so without the input from the department head is another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom