KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Even the mask

EZvQ5CuXkAE5gGv
    I don't think she's even at any kind of protest. Looks like some gathering totally unrelated.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I can.

I can also recall our liberal newspaper uses mugshots for a whole lot of homicide victims in their yearly list.

A young man dies in motorcycle collision; which photo gets shown - the one where he's shirtless with a bottle of Jack, or the his prom photo?
    Not the same thing as agenda driven portrayals. That's what I'm talking about.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not the same thing as agenda driven portrayals. That's what I'm talking about.

Well, in a way, it is.

There's the "agenda" that homicide in Fort Wayne only involves thugs.

Some have an "agenda" the squids on bikes deserve what they get.

Let's face it, someone's going to get missed off and claim an agenda no matter how it's reported. Or not reported.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How can you say, "the media is ignoring it", while literally posting a link to a newspaper article about it?

:facepalm:

I think you can infer an implied "left wing media" ignores it. Washington Times is right leaning and are more likely to select stories to print from a right wing perspective.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe the sign is transparent. Just like her pandering and attention seeking.

I didn't think slacktivism could get any worse. That has got to be one of the laziest photoshop jobs I have seen. Lack of shadow aside, she isn't even holding the sign.
    This perfectly describes what she's doing. I'm not in the least bit in favor of mob shaming but If anyone needs a good mob shaming it would be her. #slacktivist

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I feel like even Kendall Jenner, if she was prone to be there (and I don't think she would), wouldn't bring her Laferrari to a protest.
    True. It was an epic lazy fail on her part to try and be relevant without putting in the actual work. Pathetic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This perfectly describes what she's doing. I'm not in the least bit in favor of mob shaming but If anyone needs a good mob shaming it would be her. #slacktivist

I think it's a perfect metaphor for the emptiness of her claim of virtue. Superficially she's saying the "right" words. But when you look at the real picture, there's nothing there.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    He was the victim.

Right. And the incident in which he was a victim had nothing to do with his priors, nor was it influenced by his priors. Whether he was John the Baptist or Jack the Ripper had no bearing on whether the police officer was justified or unjustified in the use of force in restraining him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right. And the incident in which he was a victim had nothing to do with his priors, nor was it influenced by his priors. Whether he was John the Baptist or Jack the Ripper had no bearing on whether the police officer was justified or unjustified in the use of force in restraining him.

But again, that wasn't the point.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Alpo and Chip don't agree often, but when they do, it's because of spectacular reading comprehension failure.

You might need a mirror in this case, Jamil. Reread my post. I assumed nothing about what NNBD was implying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom